Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm in ur base, soliciting ur superhero art submissions for my d00dz.  (Read 662 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage

Well, most of you don't know this--mostly because I don't advertise it--but I am a writer and an editor. That would account for my lack of visual creativity on here: I don't have any! However, my 'zine, Literary Orphans, has a very special issue slated to come out this month, and we're looking for a few good artists to fit the bill. Do you have what it takes?

The process will be as follows.

1.) If you are interested, you will e-mail the art editor at least three pieces of preexisting art, or a link to an online portfolio. The e-mail address is art@literaryorphans.org.
2.) Your art will be reviewed. If your style is developed enough and catches our attention, we will end up sending you a story or two that will be in the upcoming issue.
3.) You will create a piece based on what you have read. After you submit it, we will pair it with the piece on our site, and you will be featured in the bio page.

This is a fantastic chance for exposure, my friends--it's a way to prove your artistic mettle in the superhero arena! 110,000 readers worldwide is certainly nothing to scoff at, wouldn't you agree? On top of drastically improving your personal marketability via your personal portfolio, you will also have your foot in the door for future issues, which may end up being paid on a per piece basis. Our magazine caters to a darker, grittier side of literary and visual art, but all styles welcome! Please check out the following links for a better idea about who we are and what we are doing. Bay12 is full of you really great artist types, and that's why I'm botherin' you at all.

literaryorphans.org

http://pitchengine.com/literaryorphans/wanted-artists-for-a-superheroic-bout-of-inked-fisticuffs

Love,

Kamin

(lololololo)