Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Beginning at the End RTD  (Read 8963 times)

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
Beginning at the End RTD
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:03:31 am »

Thou hast mastered all that is to master!
Thou hast gathered everything there is to gather!
But thou hast never even began thy journey through the world!!!

It begins simple. You can do everything to what you can see (So no massacring the final boss before you meet him). The only thing between you and victory is a dice.

Three characters to keep it simple, reserve if you want. Creation is even simpler: Name, Gender, Appearance. You have all Skills on Level 99, mastered all spells that you can imagine, can use any weapon no matter how stupid it may be, own anything that exists to fight the evil in the world!

Now.

You at beginning of a journey. Me, above you as god, playing with fate's dice.

Player List:
Skyrunner
Caellath
BFEL

WAITLIST:
Tiruin
Greenstarfanatic
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:12:15 am by DiezIrae »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Beginning at the End RTD
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:27:42 am »

Name: Man
Appearance: Manish with a long mustache

Description: He was the first guy ever. Especially on this thread. But nevermind that, because for some reason that made him super powerful. Probably because hes had a long time to learn things. Oh yeah everlasting youth thing. That might be important given the backstory :P

Thats right, I just made a REASON that this guy is "beginning at the end"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 07:32:14 am »

Description: He was the first guy ever. Especially on this thread. But nevermind that, because for some reason that made him super powerful. Probably because hes had a long time to learn things. Oh yeah everlasting youth thing. That might be important given the backstory :P

You sir, are the manliest of the manliest man. Manly Skill Points: 999, Level Up To 100 for you in being manly! xD Let's see if we can find 2 others.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:44:09 am »

You sir, are the manliest of the manliest man. Manly Skill Points: 999, Level Up To 100 for you in being manly! xD Let's see if we can find 2 others.

I suddenly have the urge to give him the last name "Manson"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 07:47:15 am »

Name: Nivelus Dieron
Appearance: Showing almost no features aside from a large set of armor with two longswords crossed at his back, a large backpack attached to the lower part of his back and a cloak.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:15:10 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 08:22:26 am »

Name: Eina Lan
Appearance: A hooded figure, with a brick red robe that hugs her curves. The robe has a rope around the waist to tighten it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:25:02 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 08:40:32 am »

Can I swear now?

Cursed waitlist.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 09:42:36 am »

AND SO. IT BEGINS.

((Too bad, Tiruin; I sent you a PM.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:53 am »

I might as well join the waitlist...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 11:22:16 am »

I might as well join the waitlist...

Put you on it.

And once again.

AND SO. IT BEGINS.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 11:28:36 am »

Nivelus dusts off his armor and stretches a bit. Yeah. Don't ask me how.

Check the surroundings. Where exactly are we?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:33:46 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 12:08:46 pm »

Nivelus dusts off his armor and stretches a bit. Yeah. Don't ask me how.

Check the surroundings. Where exactly are we?

(4)You seem to recognize the village where you begin your journey in the background. In front of you is a road with a sign saying 'Road to Dungeon 1'. A map is nailed under it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:16 pm »

Nivelus stared back at the village, briefly wondering how so much time had passed and they had become so strong...And why the person named Man seemed to think he was the first man ever. There were various possibilities, but the warrior decided it was most likely that time when a man with funny hair came over to the village to sell funny brownies with green herbs in it. He hadn't accepted those, but some villagers had, and they got as high as the mountains, with people running around naked claiming to be the Omnissiah. Poor Man had probably been affected by the same thing. Or maybe not, you never knew.

Batting aside those idle thoughts, Niv got back to checking the sign and the map before staring at the road.

Take map and examine it.
>Yes?

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 12:31:53 pm »

Nivelus stared back at the village, briefly wondering how so much time had passed and they had become so strong...And why the person named Man seemed to think he was the first man ever. There were various possibilities, but the warrior decided it was most likely that time when a man with funny hair came over to the village to sell funny brownies with green herbs in it. He hadn't accepted those, but some villagers had, and they got as high as the mountains, with people running around naked claiming to be the Omnissiah. Poor Man had probably been affected by the same thing. Or maybe not, you never knew.

Batting aside those idle thoughts, Niv got back to checking the sign and the map before staring at the road.

Take map and examine it.

As your party members aren't reacting to anything you take the map. (5) Reading it, you realize where you are and see that the sign was quite literal. The road is a long road leading through 4 Dungeons until you reach the tower of the Great Overlord Lunatis!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 12:49:49 pm »

((I'll wait until the other two get online to advance further. Or you could try asking someone who'll be online for quite some time to join.))

The young man analyzed the map, carefully folding it and storing it in his large backpack of holding before staring once again at the path ahead of him. The Great Overlord Lunatis - his name preceeded him. An evil person, bound to be defeated by heroes, but who had thwarted all attempts at overthrowing him so far.

His small group would be the one to do it, for even if they lacked experience in combat and adventuring, they had mastered all skills as true geniuses (excepting that everpresent chance of failure, of course), and now their efforts combined...Well, in fact Nivelur was wondering who would take the throne after the Overlord was taken down. A bloody civil war would probably follow suit, causing even more death, strife and famine, but that was the price for freedom.

Someone had to suffer, and of course those people wouldn't be the heroes, somehow. Maybe one of them should just claim the throne of Overlord right after killing Lunatis and try to be a better Overlord. People and monsters would probably be more satisfied and there wouldn't be as many problems.

Drag teammates to the entrance of the first dungeon.
>Yes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6