Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vampire bookkeeper acting funny  (Read 1402 times)

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
vampire bookkeeper acting funny
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:53:17 pm »

using masterwork V5 with ironhand tile set. and i have found a vampire. thought to myself oh good time to lock him away forever. so i walled him in gave him the works a a bunch of office supply's and plenty of free time. except he says he dos not have a office. well i tried to un-noble him move him about and all that but don't work. not sure whats the problem. any suggestions?

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: vampire bookkeeper acting funny
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:19:26 pm »

How are you setting up the office?
Also, what job are you giving him?
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 04:23:14 pm »

highest setting of record keeping. iv assigned him a chair and a table as well

christopher1006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 11:19:31 pm »

Did you create an office though? You may have assigned something else. Also, I thought book keepers had to be able to go around and count fortress stock or is it that they just need an office?

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:54:36 am »

tried letting him run around and that did not help and it says he has a office in the nobles menu

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:33:25 am »

Also, I thought book keepers had to be able to go around and count fortress stock or is it that they just need an office?

Nope.  They use their Extra Beardy Perception to discover where every item is located, without ever leaving their chair.  Or at least that's how it was in v0.34 and earlier.

If the bookkeeper needs a traversible path from his office to each item now, I'll be rather surprised.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

clockwork

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Performer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:54 am »

Drop some magma on him and set up a different dwarf to be your new bookkeeper. See if that makes a difference.

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »

i may have to memorialize him in obsidian if he dose not comply he already drained my apprentice armorsmith