Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 178722 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:55:48 pm »

04/05/2017 - Downlod should work again now - yay!

Fixed some lizard related issues with the latest version and added some missing tags.
certain unicorns can now take up the mantle of princess so that pony society does not completely collapse if the worldgen Alicorn dies (which they tend to do)

02/02/2016 - Updated to 42.05 - Hooves all around!

Added several new intelligent creatures to the world
Temporarily removed flying until pathfinding issues are resolved.

There's currently an issue with generating starting positions for all the different civs, I recommend using a small or tiny world for now.

14/12/2015 - Updated to 42.03 - Vanilla Flavour added

Most of the fancy buildings and reactions have been temporarily disabled, focus going forward will be to add and improve interactions.
They are still available as .bak files in the raws, and are simply commented out of Entity_Pony.txt if you want to play with them.
The Fleece reaction to make faux leather has been moved to the clothier for now.

Other Updates:
Yak added
Cows, Donkeys and Goats added as minor civs
A lot of tweaking to civilization numbers
Removed flying from fliers as it was more trouble than it was worth.. hopefully pathfinding will be resolved now that you can get fliers in default fort mode.

Code: [Select]
24/07/2014-07/08/2014 - Tested in 40.06

Various planning/plodding along with reactions and interactions, some of the planned features can be found in the Elements of Harmony Planning Document.
Reworked Pony Skills quite substantially. the different skill rates of the pony types have been exaggerated a bit more and cutie marks are stronger in comparison.
a list of skill rates can be found alongside this changelog.

You can now identify ponies by their profession names, Lumberjack-> Earth Pony Lumberjack

Gems should be findable again

Military Castes and the pegasus ace fliers got innate morale bonuses

---

23/07/2014

Fixed Broken hooves not healing, tweaked pain from broken bones and bleeding a bit.

---

16-20/07/2014 - migrated to 40.04

Various Minor fixes, mostly feature planning.
Leather has been reduced to a single type, but I left butchery and meat in (for now) due to unforeseen issues with removing it.

---

15/07/2014

Modified pony bodies a bit again. should be less endless mouthpunching.
Added wings to griffons, because they have those...

14/07/2014

Tweaked Orientation tag a smidgen to share the love :)

13/07/2014 - migrated to 40.03
------------

Removed Animal Men
added chimera
modified creature_standard to include breezies, sea ponies and fabulously moustached sea serpents among other things.
fix chimera snake head being a head

12/07/2014 - bugfixing on 40.02
------------

Tweaked populations and starting biomes, added more breeders to changelings - tested OK, griffins and changelings actually breed now.

to do/next up:
Changeling Interactions
Leather/Meat

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:16:10 pm by Sorcerer »

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:RETARD]
    • View Profile

Oh god armok no!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:10:34 pm by Hunger »
The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117366.0
Made By: Hunger

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

ohyes! >:D

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Good, gooood, let the pony flow through you...
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile

Can't wait to make a mod spotlight of this and then a Let's Play.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Can't wait for you to make a mod spotlight and a Let's Play :P

I've been thinking of making a noob's guide to Pony Fortress or something and maybe send a link to EqD, but i guess DF isn't the most approachable of games XD

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile

Can't wait for you to make a mod spotlight and a Let's Play :P

I've been thinking of making a noob's guide to Pony Fortress or something and maybe send a link to EqD, but i guess DF isn't the most approachable of games XD

Oh good lord no it's not. Though I'll be covering how to set up The Lazy Newb pack in my demonstration.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

You shouldn't really need LNP as this mod comes bundled with a tileset, dfhack and dwarf therapist.

I'm actually FAIRLY confident running LNP over this install will break something :P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile

Do it, if not for the publicity then do it for the hilarious reaction as five hundred insane fans go through the excruciating torture of force learning DF to play this mod.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

haha I actually had someone from my G+ circles REALLLLY try to get it working..
she lasted about two hours XD

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »

2 hours?
Our crazier brethren would have tried for 200 hours.

Well anyway, I am glad you managed to get another release out and that I could do my part to help (hopefully the way I set up the system made changing and customizing it a somewhat easier and less time eye straining job, especially since you mentioned plans of a major rewrite of it).

But uh, best of luck on that job, and on future progress on the mod, it's really starting to shape out quite nicely.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 02:53:27 pm »

Yeah, no offense to your hard labor, but currently the gimmick and very specific stuff, like the different military ponies, take up something like 60% of the current list of castes.
The revised system will definately be leaning heavily on what you've done so far, but I'm going to try to add a lot more general castes, so that instead of ponies being good at only specific talents, their specific talents will lend themselves to several roles in the new settlement. A good example is the Train Engineer, who gets bonuses to Mechanics, Furnace Operator, Mining and Siege Engineering.
With enough different classes, making 10x multiples of each will be less of an issue. I am also probably going to hide the descriptions and caste names. This will emphasize the cutie mark as grounds for their position rather than just looking at the class and saying, damnit, another cheesemaker!

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 02:57:41 pm »

Ah crap, the whole reason I tried to get it to work with LNP is I didn't read that Dwarf Therapist was included in the pack. Also for some reason... humans are in my world and apparently hate ponies.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 03:00:11 pm »

huh, that's odd.. they're in the files but they don't have an entity file so they shouldn't make civs.. I'll look into it.. I mostly left them in to dissuade any weird DF crashes.

If nothing else you can purge the haters :P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 03:25:44 pm »

That is all that would have been somewhat mitigated had I been given more in the way of direction on what to add or change upon delivery, but oh well, doesn't matter at this point.
I am interested in seeing what you have in mind for general classes and such, in hindsight I felt that some of the classes I added were a bit boring, my limited imagination quickly ran out of ideas when making them.

The military ponies and shared castes in general were a time consuming hell.
You should have seen how it looked early on when I began making one military caste per race of pony (because there were complications when overlapping pony main race stats and caste stats), I actually scrapped that idea and just gave all three races military castes same stats (military pegasi are identical to military unicorns and earth ponies if you didn't already know) so the list of castes and color descs you see there would actually have been 3 times longer.
Be careful and keep that in mind as you add and change castes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81