Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 179734 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.42.05) yay!
« Reply #1125 on: June 16, 2016, 01:46:53 pm »

testing it now, I haven't seen any major issues with the 42.05 version, tho you will get animal people in that, as I didn't include a modified c_variation_default.txt

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 24, 2016, 02:05:42 am »

Does it still work for 43.0X?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 24, 2016, 02:06:52 am »

Will check later today.. It should work but there may be some features that are not available.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 02, 2016, 01:57:46 pm »

I miss this mod, yours is the most lore-friendly Pony mod out there that didn't add in too many nasties to the world.

Feels very much like playing a Pre-Unified Equestria Equestria. It's wonderful!

I hope you'll be able to have some time to work on it again and bring it up-to-date! :)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!
« Reply #1129 on: July 02, 2016, 03:53:10 pm »

should be working in latest version now.
The worldgen issues are still occuring, but no issues when you finally manage to gen a world.
I suggest either a very small or a large world, or reduce the amount of civilizations placed in a custom map.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 06, 2016, 05:13:11 pm »

It shouldn't have problem running on 0.43.05, right?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 07, 2016, 12:41:29 am »

No huge raw changes, should work fine. Might even improve the world generation crashes :)

Talmanaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 07, 2016, 09:39:13 am »

Woah! It's great to see this mod is still kicking.

I'll test it out on 43.05.

One of my fav mods, thanks for the update!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 09, 2016, 11:45:29 pm »

By the way, are there reactions to create quivers out of cloths? or a tag for ponies to use leather again? since with them not using leather, I was not able to supply my rangers with the much-needed quivers to hold bolts. Which is kind of strange and a tad bit frustrating.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 21, 2016, 05:03:44 am »

I found a link to some animal sprites. Maybe you can make use of them under stonesense.
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/53552-whtdragons-animals-and-running-horses-now-with-more-dragons/
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 21, 2016, 06:21:10 am »

oh man, stonesense.. I had the mod running almost perfectly in stonesense, but then i realized all the ponies ended up being the same colour, and started doing the caste duplication thing to improve it. I gave up after a bit due to the amount of work involved.
Basically, it goes like this:

Per caste:
one line to define the body sprite and color for adult males
one line to define the body sprite and color for adult females
one line to define the hair/mane sprite for adult males (different between caste duplications) ## i think stonesense may be able to tie this to actual hair, but i never looked into this
one line to define the hair/mane sprite for adult females (different between caste duplications)
one line to define horns for adults (different sprites for m/f)
one line to define wings for adults (different sprites for m/f)
one line to define the body sprite and color for child males
one line to define the body sprite and color for child females
one line to define the hair/mane sprite for child males (different between caste duplications)
one line to define the hair/mane sprite for child females (different between caste duplications)
one line to define horns for children (different sprites for m/f)
one line to define wings for children (different sprites for m/f)
one line per piece of clothing in the game, in correct layering for adults
one line per piece of clothing in the game, in correct layering for children (where applicable)

now multiply that with about 250, and ensure all the caste names are correct, the correct sprites are showing for male/female castes and then try to bugtest it wit random castes in DF
like i said, it's not an insurmountable problem, it could probably be automated with python.

the code that described the dwarves with full gear and hair and beards and whatnot was about 3-400kb (i believe)
multiply that code 250 times and stonesense suddenly has a pretty large memory footprint.
I talked to Japa about it years ago and he said that stonesense itself should be able to handle it, if your computer can :)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 22, 2016, 05:40:31 am »

Huh, I remember having somewhat working stonesense either in this mod or (more likely) in FoE and messing with xml in Stonesense, but I forgot how all that worked. I don't even remember if it had to all be defined by caste, but I remember seeing coloured ponies with wings and horns. I don't think it had things like different sprites for male and female wings, but there were different horn sprites for foals.

Yep, you'd definitely want to automate generating the xml in some scripting language and it would be maybe 2 days of work.

In any case, getting the RAWs to work correctly should always be a priority and the sprites are just there if anyone wants some animated animals or something.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Tinfect

• Bay Watcher
  • Want an Orange?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 24, 2016, 02:14:52 pm »

I'm a good three years into the current Fortress, counting the one spent by the original Embark Crew which ended in everyone dying. However, I've started to get quite consistent crashes, and I'm not entirely certain why.

I do know that Thieves have been showing up and looting what I haven't picked up from outside just yet, as I've chased a few of them off, and I suspect that perhaps a Raiding Party showing up is causing the issue, due to the Kobolds having been replaced. Is this a known issue, or am I just throwing nonsense at the wall here?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:17:29 pm by Tinfect »
Wizard one casts a Spell, Wizard two casts a Counterspell. Wizard one casts another Spell, Wizard two casts another Counterspell. Army comes along and chops 'em both up.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 24, 2016, 02:59:05 pm »

What race are the thieves?

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 24, 2016, 03:25:04 pm »

I remember my first fort when I caught a minotaur in a cage trap and decided to edit the raws to make them tamable. Nicknamed it Iron Will for reasons. He would punch thieving diamond dogs so hard they splattered against one wall or another. :x
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 81