Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 179688 times)

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 07:28:01 pm »

It is my pleasure, and a good night to you as well, my good sir.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue admires magical items for their shininess
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:55 pm »

I'm having difficulties installing My Little Fortress on my Mac.
Also we should give the dragons wings and flying and have them consume gemstones. Perhaps make them intelligent and sapient, and take over governments?
Blue cancels Type Coherent Post: Crying Over Fictional Characters

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 08:19:09 pm »

Ack, I keep forgetting about mentioning cross platform support... As I really only have access to windows, it's the only version I can officially support. However removing and replacing the RAW folder of a fresh mac client with the one from the mod should technically work. Don't just overwrite as I also remove some default files.  Good luck, and let me know if it works!

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 09:04:27 pm »

Ack, I keep forgetting about mentioning cross platform support... As I really only have access to windows, it's the only version I can officially support. However removing and replacing the RAW folder of a fresh mac client with the one from the mod should technically work. Don't just overwrite as I also remove some default files.  Good luck, and let me know if it works!
It works alright. I had to generate a new world but it was successful.

So I was reading Legends mode and uh,

Something's up with the pony ethics.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:28:07 pm by BlueMagic »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 04:50:00 am »

Hah, uhh.. they SHOULDN'T be doing that.. I don't suppose the other guy is a zombie or something?

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 02:13:20 pm »

Hah, uhh.. they SHOULDN'T be doing that.. I don't suppose the other guy is a zombie or something?
I started a fortress on that world unfortunately. Can I upload a copy region file on it for you to look at?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »

Ah yeah, that'd be great, I am going to assume it's some kind of werebeastie or zombie effect in play, because the ponies are extremely strict on killing.. even killing animals is unthinkable.. so eating their enemies?... that's weird man XD

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:25 pm »

It works alright. I had to generate a new world but it was successful.

So I was reading Legends mode and uh,

Something's up with the pony ethics.

Gilda had it coming. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

TyrannisUmbra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 11:27:24 pm »

Just a heads-up, you might want to put something in the old thread that says there's a new thread now. I have the old thread bookmarked, and would never have seen this one if I hadn't randomly decided to browse some threads while this one was near the top of the list.

Downloading now! Hopefully no more leather-related suicides >.>

Also, you should probably mention the comparative strength of the new armor/weapon materials somewhere in the document.

Keep up the good work!

This is my first time posting, but I've been playing with this mod for a while, and have streamed it here in the past, so you should be able to find some vids on it in the library. I tend to stream it every time I play the mod, too, so anyone interested in watching this mod get streamed could maybe keep an eye out? I'll probably start streaming some within the hour, too, if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Stream is done, though I noticed something weird in the pony descriptions. The last line of the description sometimes doesn't correctly match the gender. So you have things like "Her cutie mark is sawdust" in the main body, then "He is a good carpenter" on the last line.

Also I totally need to build that sawmill. I have this huge thing about using wood for constructions, though, since I always end up using it all when I make barrels/beds/charcoal...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:37:28 am by TyrannisUmbra »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2012, 04:27:40 am »

You can make leather, but the new fleece is technically classified as leather so it should be usable in artifact construction. The materials are slightly placeholder atm crystal is the same as steel currently, and both variants of fleece are copies of iron with some tags removed. The different kinds of silk are just copies of silk with some value changes, but all this will change as soon as i get re situated in London

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2012, 10:58:05 am »

I am wondering about the way DFtherapist handles caste names.

You mentioned that you are going to try and remove all caste names and descriptions so that cutiemarks have a more important role when determining pony roles.
But how does DFtherapist deal with that?

Like, if you name all pegasi classes "pegasus" does DFtherapist count all similarly named castes under the same "caste" or do you get multiple caste entries called "pegasus"?

Example, you have two kinds of pegasi in your fort, one pegasi coach and one pegasi soldier, both named "pegasus" in the creature file.
Will therapist divide these two "pegasus" castes into "pegasus" and "pegasus" or will it count them under the same list?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2012, 11:04:06 am »

That is something I never really thought of, nor tried, but it definitely needs testing.

Doren

• Bay Watcher
  • On closer inspection, that dog is a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2012, 11:31:56 am »

Oh no, another ponymod.

Well, in fact, I don't care. But there is too many pony mods there now, i think.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2012, 11:45:03 am »

Not "another" per se, just a new release of one of the first branches of the original

TyrannisUmbra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »

Herp. Nevermind me. Wasn't paying attention.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 81