Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 180139 times)

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #660 on: December 06, 2013, 08:27:58 am »

The beta is the newest version and contains any bugfixes that were created AFAIK. I haven't played it much, but it seems stable (no pun intended) and the issues mentioned in this thread are all most likely resolved. So changelings are in, but golden silk may not be etc.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 06, 2013, 05:23:31 pm »

Well I just downloaded the beta and put the sprites in the stonesense folder. Guess I'll try to see how it works after dinner.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 09, 2013, 07:50:17 pm »

> Well I just downloaded the beta and put the sprites in the stonesense folder. Guess I'll try to see how it works after dinner.
Pictures, please. Also note that there are several configs for ponies in index.txt in stonesense/creatures/MLP
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 09, 2013, 08:23:48 pm »

I'm afraid I don't know what the significance of having multiple configs in one area is?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 10, 2013, 06:18:19 am »

> I'm afraid I don't know what the significance of having multiple configs in one area is?
Well, there were the early sprites, resized sprites, my patches to sprites and finally with or without equipment (which has rather poor sprites). Ultimately there should only be one spritesheet and one config for ponies, but for now just tell us what seems to work best.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 11, 2013, 03:35:19 pm »

I finally got around to picking a place to embark but when I started Stonesense it's just the default sprites. How do I change them to the pony ones?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 11, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »

> I finally got around to picking a place to embark but when I started Stonesense it's just the default sprites. How do I change them to the pony ones?
Stonesense is not a part of this mod, so you have to install the pony sprite pack separately. Basically just download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71287918/Mlp/MLP_creatures.zip extract it in some directory and put it's index.txt into some index.txt in stonesesne. It's probably easiest to keep MLP stuff in stonesense/creatures/MLP, then add line "MLP/index.txt" to index.txt in stonesense/creatures
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 11, 2013, 06:14:12 pm »

Did what you said and got spammed with multiple lines of 'failed loading bodypart coat/mane/eyes of creature pony_little'.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2013, 06:20:51 pm »

I don't really understand what happened. Are you sure, you didn't mess up directories?

I suppose, you could comment out the pony_something.xml in stonesense/creatures/MLP and uncomment another one and see if that config works (another good reason to have a few). Or you could use my script to diagnose problems, but it requires perl. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133640.0  The configs should work for either 1.4.8 or 1.4.9 and I doubt any patches since then messed up pony body parts.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 11, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »

I really have no idea what I'm doing which is why I usually don't touch Stonesense because it gives me a headache. Honestly the only kind of sprites I'm interested in are the ones for the actual game that I'd see all the time.
---
Tried the normal ponies.xml and a couple of them show up right but the other five are all blank except their bodies.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:47:15 pm by zlurker »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 11, 2013, 06:44:31 pm »

Well, if you're fine with seeing "U"s, "P"s and other letters instead of creature sprites, you don't need the sprite pack. With or without it, stonesense will still display some warnings about rocks, but it should work.

My guess is that some incarnation of a pony sprite pack will eventually be merged into this mod or it's successor, so it's easier on peaple who don't know what they're doing.

Basically stonesense reads the file "index.txt" in stonsesense directory and each line of that file is either a comment (starts with a #), another index file or an xml file with config for sprites. The files are read "depth-first". It is really hard for me to think what could go wrong, especially without error messages or ouptut from my chkstns.pl script.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:58:05 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 11, 2013, 06:53:30 pm »

Oh, just remembered I downloaded the 1.5 beta. Maybe that's what's wrong.
-----
I guess that was the problem since I tried again with the 1.49 version and it works fine. Kind of disappointing since it seems the be before changelings were added to fight.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:54:39 pm by zlurker »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 16, 2014, 06:12:35 pm »

Does there happen to be a tileset for this where ponies (and all the other new creatures) actually look like them instead of, say, Dwarves and Elves?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 16, 2014, 08:26:40 pm »

There are the Stonesense sprites earlier in the thread, but I'm not aware of any tilesets specifically for the pony mod.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 16, 2014, 11:09:18 pm »

There are the Stonesense sprites earlier in the thread, but I'm not aware of any tilesets specifically for the pony mod.
Ah, okay. I've never used Stonesense, but I'd seen what I thought were tiles here and there, so I was just wondering.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81