Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 179684 times)

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

I do hope this isn't fully dead and that when the next version of Dwarf Fortress comes out that this gets some updates for all the new awesome stuff coming.

I also hope that the author fixes that design flaw in which other races who aren't ponies can't produce animal products like leather and meat. I know this mod was made with ponies in mind but I still would like to play as a griffin mountain home or Changeling hive at some point... or at least be able to play as them in adventure mode and not starve to death because I can't harvest edible meat.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorcerer did mention something about the "apple trees" being placeholders for the proper ones the new version is going to introduce. We're going to get alfalfa and a bunch of other crops as well. I hope he'll be back then.

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

as far as a tile set for this mod goes I would be happy with just something that gives them a picture so that it will be a lot more easy to tell the ponys apart from something else like maybe a forgotten beast in my fortress. I forget if forgotten beasts in this mob have a picture or are also just a letter.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never really done much modding beyond editing raws here and there but I imagine a lot of authors are trying to avoid putting in a lot of work since they'll probably have to change all sorts of things anyways when the next update for DF itself comes out.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm slowly catching up on Season 4 at the moment, and the Tatzlwurm from Three's a Crowd looks like good megabeast material.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Just to placate people's fears and worries, while the current version is on er.. completed?/hiatus status, I am fully committed to updating/remaking this mod for the new version as soon as it's released..
I already have some plans, and there are several new features in the new version that will probably improve the pony mod, depending on implementation.

For example, it sounds like stuck units in fortress mode will now try climbing down from things, which may improve Pegasi pathfinding and at least cut down on unwanted death from sudden onset acrophobia. The speed/move split will also be a good thing for pegasi, they can be even faster now, without making them overpowered in combat/crafting.

I have a long text document with planned changes and improvements, I'll see how much of that I can work through.. Work is in a bit of a lull at the moment so I'm not super busy, but with the new version around the corner I don't really have the urge to start any major modding on this version.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad to hear that.

BTW, I'm pretty sure, I've seen a pegasus just hoovering in mid-air and getting thirsty. He managed to land eventually, I think :) And yeah, Derpy flier pathing was a major source of ?fun?, especially with aboveground forts.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Funny thing, I just started a new fort. (Roseblossom, founded by the Music of Roses.) I've not got very far, just through the first year. I was not happy when I discovered I'd forgotten to bring an axe, so I couldn't do any wood-cutting until the caravan came. One of my ponies has a very unfortunate last name  and her first name wasn't much better. (Just odd instead of borderline perverted.) I nicknamed her Wanderer (because of her compass cutie mark)... still trying to find a way to have it replace her whole name instead of just the first. I also attempted to tap the local stream to try and create an underground well. (It .... didn't work like I thought it would. Fortunately I'd dug a fairly long tunnel so I was able to wall it off before I flooded anything important.) It's been too long since I last played so I clearly have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would love an optional simplified version without the massive caste system. I don't care if my dudes all have the same cutie mark and color scheme, I never look at their descriptions anyway.

I suspect there's a way to do this by just modifying the raws without actually having to know how to code. If that's the case, I'd be fine with doing it myself.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

The raws should be fairly clean and well structured  and it should just be a matter of deleting all the none basic castes. The original ones should still be in the raw. 

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's good to know the mod is still going even if it's waiting on the next DF update.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Can I use your pony mod to make my own?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

As I've said in the past, I consider this mod completely open and free to the community. Do what you will with it, just credit if you lift something completely :)

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone wanna try their hand at porting these pones to masterwork?
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 81