Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 179694 times)

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - 2014 (DF 0.40.19)
« Reply #930 on: December 13, 2014, 04:20:46 am »

By the way I just tried to download the mod from the 1st page of this forum but it gave me a error.

"Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home. "

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 13, 2014, 10:56:00 am »

Yikes, that's embarrassing..
Fixed now at any rate

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 14, 2014, 07:40:15 pm »

I understand that my fixes are included in the most recent version and no longer need to be provided separately.

Does the game still come with its own sprites for the ponies and other things included? Or am I even thinking of the right thing? I remember playing with them at one point but maybe that was Stonesense stuff.

That was Stonesense. The sprites might be still out there somewhere, but I can't vouch for their compatibility.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 14, 2014, 10:23:21 pm »

I understand that my fixes are included in the most recent version and no longer need to be provided separately.

Does the game still come with its own sprites for the ponies and other things included? Or am I even thinking of the right thing? I remember playing with them at one point but maybe that was Stonesense stuff.

That was Stonesense. The sprites might be still out there somewhere, but I can't vouch for their compatibility.

Do ponies work with normal tilesets like Phoebus then? Wanted to try running a fort with DFEverywhere so some friends could see how pretty the game can be if you add sprites.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 15, 2014, 06:03:37 am »

It works with Phoebus no problem, there may be incompatibility with mods that add seperate creature sprites as I've changed the raws to remove animalmen. If you use one of these make sure you use one with a patch tool and not just a RAW file replace.

I have the files for stonesense, but they need to be reworked to the new caste system.

There are 1200 castes.
there's about 20-30 lines of nested code for each.
Then you add foals, which is another 20-30 lines, per caste

Despite my best efforts I have not managed to automate this process without fault yet.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 15, 2014, 01:26:32 pm »

Guess I'll try with Phoebus then. Unfortunately I won't be able to even do anything until Wednesday since it's my only day off from work this week. :< And customers wonder why we look grumpy during the holidays.

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 15, 2014, 05:51:46 pm »

From newest announcement it seems like Toady is preparing the final build for this years release.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 16, 2014, 02:11:42 pm »

From the looks of it, it shouldn't mess up the current version, it should technically run without a hitch.
With the new fruits I Have come to realize that most of my plants and plant processes are obsolete, and I need to find time to rework that at least, I have a couple of chill days at work next week that may have to suffice.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 25, 2014, 05:13:05 am »

How are you? :)
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 03, 2015, 03:30:35 pm »

Speaking of fruit - crystal berries, anyone?

Royal Flush

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a horrible fell look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 05, 2015, 02:40:21 am »

So I know this might be a bit odd but... Well. I'm trying to cause a tantrum spiral. Small problem. I can't. I know ponies are friendship, love, and harmony... But...

Well when you're hanging out over the corpses of starved companions rotting in the dining hall, and you're in the mason's shop making coffins for all the dead while standing on top the prior mason assigned to the task that is rotting away beneath you... And you're just unhappy, not freaking out. Well, I think some tuning needs done somewhere.

But seriously the mental image of a gloss-eyed unicorn carefully shaving down stone with horn magic while a dead earth pony is draped half-inside a mostly finished coffin.... Only in Dwarf Fortress, man.
Ponies ponies ponies.

Royal Flush High Res

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2015, 08:22:30 am »

I honestly don't know exactly how my personality changes will affect things like tantrums in the new mental system.
Are they getting any negative thoughts at all?

Royal Flush

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a horrible fell look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 07, 2015, 03:01:07 am »

They're getting a lot of unhappy thoughts, and they're upset and going to talk to the leader and stuff. They're just not tantrumming. I've left this fort without food, drink, beds, corpse cleanup, dining room or anything and I keep getting migrants before everyone can starve. Some of them are starving to death, one got killed by a ghost, but I'm not even getting single tantrums, let alone ponies straight going insane.
Ponies ponies ponies.

Royal Flush High Res

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 07, 2015, 03:21:26 pm »

They're getting a lot of unhappy thoughts, and they're upset and going to talk to the leader and stuff. They're just not tantrumming. I've left this fort without food, drink, beds, corpse cleanup, dining room or anything and I keep getting migrants before everyone can starve. Some of them are starving to death, one got killed by a ghost, but I'm not even getting single tantrums, let alone ponies straight going insane.

You know it might make a little sense for ponies to not spiral into murderous rages… though becoming too depressed to work or do anything and just letting themselves die is another story. Now I wonder if there’s a way to make this true. To make them less likely to go into a murder spree and more likely to just give up on life.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 07, 2015, 06:12:44 pm »

You know it might make a little sense for ponies to not spiral into murderous rages… though becoming too depressed to work or do anything and just letting themselves die is another story. Now I wonder if there’s a way to make this true. To make them less likely to go into a murder spree and more likely to just give up on life.
There is, it's just more personality changes. I don't remember the exacts, but I believe there's anger propensity and cheer propensity personality traits at least and those affect chances in the way one would expect.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 81