Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 178961 times)

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 06:05:40 am »

Yup, that's what I'd figured. But a dancing human skeleton compliments orange so well, don't you think?
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 06:17:17 am »

Quite so!
Anyhoo, fix is up, I honestly can't recall if this is hotfixable or not, if not I apologize, It was a system I had tested extensively and found working, but after I tested it, i seem to have done something to the research reactions file without double-checking.

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 06:22:05 am »

It is hotfixable, you just have to change the names in the save itself for it to work in your current world.

Another one I've found but haven't had a chance to figure out, It won't let me condense a cloud into drinking water, even though I have both a cloud and a barrel. It still just shows up red on the menu.
*EDITS*
Same goes for Light Clouds, and I'm going to go on a limb and say it's probably the same for Heavy Clouds too.

Nope, I can condense clouds into heavy clouds, even though I only have the schematics to dilute them into light clouds. Just tested it and the Pegasus grabbed 2 clouds, the light cloud schematics, and generated a cloud block. Looking at the raws, I can find no reason why everything isn't working properly.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:51:10 am by Deathseer »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 06:51:45 am »

Whoop, I'll look into it, good news that it's hotfixable tho :P

Edit:
Aha! I think the "plant" that makes the drinking water has disappeared somehow.. I'll have to see about fixing that.

Here's  the fixed light cloud reaction

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CONDENSE_LIGHT_CLOUD]
[NAME:dilute clouds to light clouds]
[BUILDING:PONY_WEATHER_FACTORY:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:light cloud schematic:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCHEMATIC_LIGHT_CLOUDS:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:cloud:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CLOUD:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LIGHT_CLOUD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:17:41 am by Sorcerer »

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 07:35:56 am »

YAY More things  :D

Your reactions for researching Crystal Forging, and Crystal Smithing have the same name, so in the library reactions list there are 2 "-- Research Crystal Forging Process(1t +)" with no way to distinguish which is which. I'd recommend changing the Smithing one to "-- Research Crystal Smithing Process(1t +)"
This would also be hotfixable.

It is also impossible to tell how many of a certain ingredient is required to research or craft an item without searching for the reaction in the raws. For example, In game the reaction to research Crystal Forging just says it requires Crystal shard, and Tome. But it is impossible to tell that it really needs 5 crystal shards and the tome. Not sure if this is actually fixable though, aside from putting a comprehensive list of the custom reactions and their requirements into the help document. Hell, might not even really matter that much to someone who isn't actively looking for bugs to squash.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 07:39:15 am »

The latter has been fixed already, it now says you require 5 shards for the smithing and forging and 2 for working.
Thanks for letting me know about all this tho, its WAY too easy to have things slip through the cracks it seems XD

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 07:44:11 am »

It's no problem, I love to help. A quick question though, it is intentional that the ponies won't build a fishery workshop, right?

*EDIT*
Nevermind, seems they just wanted to take a year to build it.
Congratulations Mr. Fishing Rod cutie mark. You can now leave the mines and return to the job fate deemed you good at.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:49:29 am by Deathseer »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 07:47:38 am »

Huh.. are you sure? I just built one on my game this morning.
Try turning off fishing and just using fish cleaning, it says any fishing, but apparently the act of fishing takes precedent over building silly buildings.

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:35 am »

Got another one for ya, Crafting the Crystal Horseshoes made 3 sets of crystal mail and a crystal vest. Checked the raws and it was another name mismatch. The reaction was calling for ITEM_ARMOR_CRYSTAL_BOOTS  but the boots name is ITEM_SHOES_CRYSTAL_BOOTS

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 08:47:35 am »

Argh, I remember that bug, and I could have sworn i fixed it!

*grumble*

On that note tho, as you seem to be powering through the various Industries, What's your impression so far?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:50:35 am by Sorcerer »

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 09:16:22 am »

So far, I like it. Though the challenge could be bumped up a bit. This fortress has been going for a 1 1/2 years now, and there hasn't been a single death. My single pegasus pony militia member has single hoofedly wiped out everything that was a threat, while unarmed and unarmored. Up to and including 4 diamond dogs and a bear. One diamond dog did manage to steal an artifact toy axe, but the creator didn't care at all and continues to be ecstatic about admiring my mediocre dining hall. It also appears the site I embarked to is just warm enough to be considered temperate, but the water never unfreezes, leaving me hurting for drinking water, yet I've had no problem making enough drinks out of carrots and dandelions. My single applebucker can make more apples than 3 sorting stations can go through, so I lost a lot of barrels to plain apples right in the beginning. I'm liking the weather factory and crystal smithing stuff, though, and the research is well implemented in my opinion. Also the sawmill is an absolute godsend for building above ground.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 09:23:45 am »

Excellent to hear, the sawmill was intended to be just that! Challenge is an issue I will hopefully be able to take care of with the changelings and new semi and megabeasts, tho I might also have to tweak some food growing values a bit.
The Applebucking is an imperfect system I admit. It desperately needs a rework but with fruit trees upcoming in the next version perhaps a more elegant solution will be available.

Any ideas for improvement or additions is welcome! :D

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 09:52:25 am »

Huh, in your Magic Loom reactions, you fixed the missing [ on some of the reactions, but you missed the ones on MAKE_GOLDEN_SILK. Also, the description for MAKE_GOLDEN_SILK is listed as 'create bolt of ironwool'

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2012, 09:55:08 am »

Aaand fixed, and thanks again :P

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2012, 02:37:46 pm »

Deathseer, you're a godsend. I wouldn't know what to do to go in and squash those bugs. It'll make my job easier when I showcase those industries. Can't have Sorcerer looking bad due to something that's just not working right.

Glad the sawmill works right without fixes since I'm prepping to show it off. It's most likely the first and last time I'll use it. I just flat out don't like building on the surface and the only structure I build out in the sun besides walls and guard posts is a meeting hall to stave off cave adaptation. Easier to build underground in a pinch. Also wall carvings for everypony! You can't make engravings on blocks sadly, which I outright hate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81