Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't become a Barony.  (Read 1376 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't become a Barony.
« on: December 01, 2012, 04:14:33 pm »

So, the liaison arrived, talked about imports and exports with my mayor, and left. My population is over a hundred, my exported wealth is 45K (including 5K of offerings) my created wealth is 414K, and I am a metropolis. So why did I not get promoted to a Barony? Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Also I have met the requirements for the c: becoming the capital button to show up.
Sorry if I am a bit slow in replying but I am heading out the door right now. Thanks for you help in advance.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:23:39 pm by Awessum Possum »
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't become a Barony.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:38:13 pm »

Have you given enough goods you've created as gifts?  I think 5000 urists is the amount necessary to get promoted initially, or at least that is how much I usually give to get the mountain homes to promote, but pushing it over that can be helpful. 
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 04:48:37 pm »

Check that your offerings actually went to dwarven caravans, and not to elven/human. They don't count towards barony/county etc upgrade.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 05:49:57 pm »

Yeah, I gave 5007 Dwarfbucks of goods to the last caravan (all I get is dwarves since I'm on an island). Do you have to give offerings to become a Barony? If so, then that would explain my issue (and means that somebody has to update the wiki).
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 08:20:59 pm »

Do you have to give offerings to become a Barony?
You do not. My current fort became a Barony by Year 3 or so, and a Duchy a couple of years after that, and we've never offered a thing to anyone--although we do give every trading caravan a 100% profit margin. My population cap is set at 50, so my guy is the Duke over a village.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.