Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: So I went to embark...  (Read 14967 times)

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I went to embark...
« on: October 07, 2012, 05:30:55 pm »

In a normal (mostly) un-modded game (all I did was make microcline as a ore of copper, gold, and iron, mostly because its often the only stone I find. This is roughly twenty minutes after downloading vanilla phoebus pre-installed). Anywho to my surprise when I went to embark and to buy microcline I saw
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this in the options. Though under the inorganic_stone_mineral its still undiggable   ???. In case you want to take a look at the save its https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2aebGs7iYE6aGlfOVZBWTFaRE0/edit there. When it launches it spits out a error (Duplicate Object: inorganic MICROCLINE,  had one that only was what I kept handy for replacing, but forgot to put them as the same when I merged them :-[), needless to say I found it a bit amusing for that this happened, but any ideas on what caused it?  ??? In case the civ has anything to do with this its Niraldumat Luk, "The Portentous Roughness of Insight" is the one I embarked with (pre-embark save by the way)
So after embarking, and running fixvein (as I always do, since DF doesn't seem to always have veins where it should be), ran the "reveal" option so that i can see where the first cavern is, two layers under where I embarked is
That  ???, continued to look further down and the farther I go down the more frequently it appears (as in from the one like that, to 5+ in a screen). Did I really bork the raws that much with one simple duplicate :o. I just looked in the circus and its all clay  ???
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:45:22 pm by Snorunt30 »
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
Re: So I went to embark...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 06:17:24 pm »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 06:18:37 pm »

This is also my new sig.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:21:06 pm »

Dig in the clay. Build under hell.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:27:47 pm »

I uh. I don't know what's going on in this thread. Someone fill me in.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:29:27 pm »

Dig in the clay. Build under hell.
I intend to, assuming that this half evil (haunted evil iirc), and half good embark doesn't prove too threatening, made there be something like 100 evil rain types so not sure if it'll end up being one that reanimates or not, and lets hope it isn't (or at least that it isn't that hazardous, ie not knock-you-unconcious-kill-and-reanimate kind of hazardous) simply for the fact that I chose to embark with 100 dwarves :P (and that would be a great deal of "fun" if anything should attack... since I neglected to bring anyone skilled in military  :-[). And forgot to ask, does anyone want me to upload this particular save? As in post embark so you can look/do whatever with it, all that's been done so far is I dug a few stairs and a room for a farm
Oh dear, there is undead rhinos attacking everyone and everything, and looks like nothings reanimated (dogs have died)... yet. You were probably right to say to run while you can  :o, and now the dogs are reanimating and killing everyone, each one that dies is rising and killing multiple times that of how many died previously... its a nightmare. Good thing i had save on embark and autobackup (so i can simply redo this and wall myself in immediately  :P)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:42:49 pm by Snorunt30 »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 06:31:29 pm »

That... that event was once mirrored once before, with a massive spire of Adamantine, but this... Some thing is wrong there. Run. Just. Run. It may only delay the inevitable, but in this case, thats all you CAN do.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 06:53:37 pm »

Open it up like a can of soda and DRINK THE DEMONS
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 07:09:51 pm »

And things just got weirder   ???

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 07:17:03 pm »

Okay, now its even worse. Theres something down there. Something that can kill those with no Physical form for one to kill.

Build several forts, each at certain layers along the tube.  as a record of the civilizations destroyed by those-who-lurk-below.
So basically,
Tier 1:Human Keep(built to suppress the dark forces)
Tier 2: Ominous Catacomb dungeon fort.
Tier 3: Cave dwarvern temple/city of armok?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 07:21:04 pm »

So you've basically turned the world inside out?

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »

This... This is incredible.

I love this game, man.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 07:23:57 pm »

So you've basically turned the world inside out?
In a nutshell, yes :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 07:26:06 pm »

Sounds like duplicate draws. Lots of them, possibly, but just duplicating a single object can have massive changes. Did I tell you about the time I experimentally duplicated toads? Dwarves were replaced with humans, humans with...elves? Elves with goblins, goblins with kobolds, trolls with ogres, and so on and so forth. It was madness. Not really Sparta, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 07:29:37 pm »

Sounds like duplicate draws. Lots of them, possibly, but just duplicating a single object can have massive changes. Did I tell you about the time I experimentally duplicated toads? Dwarves were replaced with humans, humans with...elves? Elves with goblins, goblins with kobolds, trolls with ogres, and so on and so forth. It was madness. Not really Sparta, though.
Its just one duplicate though, microcline ??? (spoiler is the image, in case not everyone is using the same screen size as I am)
Its there three times because I opened and closed it three times... to make sure I wasn't just seeing things :-[, and that last part came when I let some demons free, if for nothing more than a good spot to visit Hell as a adventurer ;D. I'll go upload the save from initial embark since I had autosave and such on, so you can take a look if you want :)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2aebGs7iYE6OURGU3N3NkgyX3M the initial save
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:34:57 pm by Snorunt30 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4