Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2012  (Read 16730 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2012
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:30 pm »

Anyone else signed up on the website?

Also, there's a character survey on the site, so let's fill that out and post it here!

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 06:28:28 am »

I signed up. Haven't really made a start on any actual plans, yet. :-\ I should get onto that once I move.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SITCID

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 11:32:27 am »

YES! I tried Nano the year before last. I actually ended up with a very choppy project... each day I would write 1000 words about a few different pictures... I started late so I think it was between 3-5 pictures a day. I still didn't finish (and it started to drive me crazy after a while) but the results I got were REALLY WILD. I definitely want to try again. Maybe with an actual plan for a PLOT or... just another improv project like the one I did last time :) Anyway, good luck everyone! Go to your local Nano meetup!

SITCID

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 11:33:21 am »

Actually, if anyone cares to see all the weird stuff I came up with, here is the link! http://robscure.wordpress.com/

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 02:40:58 pm »

Welp, a friend of mine is doing this, and he talked me into it. I enjoy writing, but my output is painfully low- I do waaaay too much editing and rehashing while I write, quite apart from regular writer's block and distracting myself with tangents. I think I've got the free time to make a real go of it this year, so... here we go.

Still don't know what I'm going to write about. This'll be soul-crushing fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 12:39:14 am »

Good luck! :D
I think a part of the premise is to not worry about editing/fixing things during the month, just focus on word output. Then in December, go back and polish it all up. I think. Don't have time to check the site at the moment.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 12:42:06 am »

That'd be about right. Easier said than done though. I still haven't gone back and edited mine from last year. :-\ :)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 05:44:19 pm »

That'll be my second largest stumbling block; if I write something I know is flawed, it bugs me too much for me to ignore it and keep writing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 08:01:07 am »

Have you guys considered moving the irc to darkmyst? It's where the Bay12 lower boards irc is located, maybe it would get more people on there since most of the time the channel is empty. For those who weren't here last year, we use it mostly for 'word wars' where we all agree to write for a set time, usually 15 mins or 30 mins. At the end of the time, we compare how many words we got down. It's a good way to keep the wordcount rising by a little friendly competition.

On preparing for nano:

Making balanced characters from thin air is hard. I need to do D&D-style char sheets or something. :)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 08:20:37 am »

So...we can't post here [despite the fact that the site is the official place for it]?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2012, 08:48:26 am »

So...we can't post here [despite the fact that the site is the official place for it]?

Wha? Of course you can post here. I just meant using the irc for wordwars and discussion. The NaNo forums are great but once November starts they turn into total chaos. At least we can keep each other going on here. If I missed what you were saying, forgive me.  :-\

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 09:08:37 am »

Uhh, sure, I guess. I just like freenode because it requires little effort and I'm lazy :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 09:33:07 am »

I like Freenode because it's easily accessible, from the webirc. Other IRC servers need a client to get on.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:31 am »

I like Freenode because it's easily accessible, from the webirc. Other IRC servers need a client to get on.

You can always use mibbit to get on to pretty much any server and channel through http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/

I made one on darkmyst called #nano. Don't wanna step on anyone's toes so I'll still be around on freenode, just seems easier to keep to as few servers as possible (server notifications are already hell, lol)

I'll add them to the firstpost also.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 10:13:11 am »

I didn't realize it was on mibbit, so I'm OK with moving to it, then.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15