Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2012  (Read 17040 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2012
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2012, 12:20:50 am »

I'll post a excerpt tomorrow and see what you think.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2012, 03:30:09 pm »

Damn. Missed a day because of exhaustion, exceedingly behind.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2012, 04:13:25 pm »

I'm at... 2396 words right now. Yeah, I'm horribly behind and probably won't catch up any time soon. Mind you I had to chuck out 1000 some odd words when I started making a new book on the second day. The tone and pacing for the first novel just seemed weird to me though I really liked the story idea. Still, I am very inspired for my new book idea and that's what really matters (even if half of the thing is appendixes). Hopefully I'll be able to double the word count tonight, because otherwise I don't see me reaching 50,000 words by the end of November.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2012, 04:30:27 pm »

My computer died literally 5 minutes before Nanowrimo started.

Suffice to say, productivity has suffered.  I can still work, kind of, by going on school computers and gmailing my work to myself.  But its distracting, most of the computers aren't available at night when I work best, and I keep getting distracted by things like hunger and noise that would be much easier to solve if wasn't stuck in one place.  Oh, and many of the school computers are macs that don't even have word(?), and I can't figure out how consistently to do the mac version of right clicking, so that's an issue.  My parents are sending over a crappy spare laptop, so hopefully that will help me improve my pitiful ~1,100 words.  Learning to turn off "agonize over every word" would definitely help.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »

Been sick this weekend, haven't written a word since Thursday :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2012, 05:58:32 pm »

The fact that I'm not the only one way behind is quite a relief  :P

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2012, 06:10:12 pm »

Here's a little snip of the intro. What do you think of the writing style?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's has a light novel feel to it though. That's unintentional.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:23 pm »

Oh, nice. I like it, would keep me interested for long enough to find out what it was about.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2012, 08:52:48 pm »

I'm stuck.

I'm not sure how our hero will react accepting the summon from the fantasy world only to be told that only women can be the savior.

Will he react with sarcasm about the symbolism of that claim or will he just call bullshit and make snide comments about the world being doomed?

Both are equally in character for him so I can't decide. This is only the start of chapter 2 as well.

This is important because this will set the tone of how he acts for the rest of the chapter.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2012, 08:56:07 pm »

7830 words at the end of last night. Exhausted myself mentally from playing Magic the Gathering today (my LGS does tournaments on Sunday as well as Friday). Not sure if I'll get much, if any, writing done tonight before midnight. At least I'm ahead of the curve, but I'd like to get over 8333 by the end of the night so I'd have a day's worth of buffer still.

I'm stuck.

I'm not sure how our hero will react accepting the summon from the fantasy world only to be told that only women can be the savior.

Will he react with sarcasm about the symbolism of that claim or will he just call bullshit and make snide comments about the world being doomed?

Both are equally in character for him so I can't decide. This is only the start of chapter 2 as well.

This is important because this will set the tone of how he acts for the rest of the chapter.

Why not a little bit of both?  :P Maybe even have him monologue about it in a rant? Good way to pad word count, at the very least.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:58:26 pm by inEQUALITY »
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »

But the question now is, which one will be vocalized and which one be a monologue?

Both is always an option. Gonna waste more time thinking about this to get it right.

Also, what he's gonna say will be foreshadowing! Or is it genre savvy?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »

6905 as of now. I decided to take advantage of the elevator ride to do some characterization- plus, it's fun having these guys talk, and it really bumps up the wordcount. I really need to come up with a name for the MacGuffin, since I can't keep referring to it as "the book." Well, I could, and I could probably draw some comedic value from that, but I'm already doing that joke with the heroine's name.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2012, 06:19:31 pm »

10733. Just kind of maintaining a pattern of at least 2k a day.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2012, 06:31:10 pm »

Well, I decided to start this...ooh, an hour ago? Nearing my first thousand words now.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2012, 08:45:28 pm »

Don't worry, behind-people! I started a few days late and I was able to pull through!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15