Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

[LETS PLAY] Civilization IV - Cavemen to Cosmos: When Cultures Collide

(1/5) > >>

The13thRonin:
38 civilizations... 1 path to victory... Total mastery... Who will REIGN SUPREME?
Children gather round and let me tell you the story of how the world came to be. The legends tell of a time eons ago called The First Times. The First Times is when the Gods escaped from The Void and entered our world. Nothing exists in The Void not even time itself. When the Gods first came through to our world there were hundreds of them. They rejoiced to have found a place where life could be brought into being and they joined together and used their magics to create The First World. The First World was a lush paradise that stretched on forever. It was so much bigger and more magical than the world we know today that our minds cannot comprehend how insignificantly small and mundane the world is now by comparison. Millions upon millions of strange and wonderful plants and animals existed in harmony and the Gods were pleased.

It was then that the Gods decided to create The First People. The First People were ten feet tall and beautiful beyond imagining. Each one of The First People had two pairs of glorious wings affixed to their backs which they used to soar through the air. The Gods were pleased with The First People and they named them angels. For a time all was well and life flourished in The First Times. Eventually however the Gods grew jealous of each other as each God felt that it was his or her right to preside over the angels. Although the angels were a gentle people the Gods enraged their hearts and minds so they took up the sword against one another. Each God and his or her angel disciples waged war upon the next and The First World was consumed in the rage of the Gods.

All of creation was consumed in the fiery wrath of the Gods. The animals and plants burned and withered under the fire of their rage. All of the angels perished and their blood soaked into the world itself and plunged it into darkness and decay. Almost all of the Gods were destroyed. The last 38 Gods finally ended the bloodshed but it was too late and they felt great sorrow for what they had done. The First Age had come to an end. The Gods tried to rebuild The First World as it had been but having only a fraction of the magics required to create The First World they were unable to recreate it in its former glory. The Gods were only able to make a much smaller more mundane world. The Gods tried to recreate The First People but the new people were wingless and much smaller. The Gods called these people humans.

The Gods feared that they would once again turn to war with one another and they knew that the next time they would not be able to rebuild the world at all so they made a pact. Each God would be reborn as a human. A human who would not age or get sick or die. These 38 immortal humans would guide 38 tribes of the new people and after many tens of thousands of years the God who demonstrated he was most capable of guiding the humans in all affairs would ascend to be the one true God of creation while the rest of the Gods were banished back into the void. The Gods set to work with their magic and re-birthed themselves in human form.

What happened next is history...

Civilizations:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rule-set:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Monarch difficulty
ONLY MASTERY VICTORY
Aggressive AI
No technology trading
No technology brokering
No Barbarian civilizations
No Tech diffusion
Multiple production
Multiple Research
Surround and destroy
Advanced diplomacy
Usable mountains
Unlimited wonders
Barbarian generals
Great commanders
Advanced economy
Realistic culture spread
Realistic corporations
Barbarians always raze
United Nations
Advanced espionage
Modern corporations
Advanced nukes
Unlimited national units
World options
Spoiler (click to show/hide)C2C_Planet_Generator
Size: Giant
Era: Prehistoric
Speed: Snail
Part 1: Walking Around and Meeting People

Part 2: Gathering Storms and Impending Eruptions

JacenHanLovesLegos:
Go Russian, then have world conquer you!

Un67:
I second the Russians, don't think anyone's done a European culture. Also, maybe go Mastery and show us as much of the game as you can?

The13thRonin:

--- Quote from: Un67 on October 09, 2012, 05:26:29 pm ---I second the Russians, don't think anyone's done a European culture. Also, maybe go Mastery and show us as much of the game as you can?

--- End quote ---

Hmm... Originally I was thinking conquest because I didn't want the game to prematurely end but now I'm thinking mastery might be a better option. Haven't played with it before but after checking it out it might offer incentives to do some different stuff... Alright... I'll change the victory conditions!

USEC_OFFICER:

--- Quote from: greatorder on October 09, 2012, 04:47:41 pm ---be gandhi, and back up your words with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

--- End quote ---

I'm voting for this (also PTW).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version