Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Single-species societies  (Read 592 times)

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
Single-species societies
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:56:57 pm »

This might be a stopgap solution until more nuanced methods of determining this are implemented, but I'd like to see the following raw tags for entities:

[NO_FOREIGN_POSITIONS] which stops conquered or abducted members of other species from being appointed to positions such as monarch, law-giver, druid, etc. This would certainly make sense for human civilizations.

[NO_FOREIGN_CITIZENS] which stops conquered or abducted members of other species from living in the civilization at all, forcing them to become refugees (or slaves, if the civilization has the correct ethics).

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Single-species societies
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 05:45:33 am »

There are already position tags that exclude or limit positions to specific creatures, castes and even creature classes.
However, it seems like they don't work properly, or at least don't guarantee results; A playable human civ I've been using since 0.34.11 where the leader and general have to be humans occasionally puts non-humans in those positions. I don't know if the tags are defunct or exceptions are being made during world-gen, and I don't know enough to say whether fixing them or replacing them with a blanket tag would be easier., but they're there.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.