Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 46268 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

I may have accidently removed a spear from the.. weapon rack?
And now it lies underneath it and I were unable to pick it up.  :-[

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Yeah I was working the copper when I crashed, well the whole computer shut down at like 11:30 so I just fell asleep.

Today, the search for Flux!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

I really approve of this mod. It only lacks more dwarfy things such as mechanisms and axles and pumps of flaming magma death. Also socks.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really approve of this mod. It only lacks more dwarfy things such as mechanisms and axles and pumps of flaming magma death. Also socks.

And better water physics.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

There is a finite water mod out there. Seems pretty spiffy, except it (was?) is incompatible with everything. Coupling it with TFC would be tricky because how sluices work I think, they'd have issues knowing water is flowing on them, or it'd downright crash...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

There is a finite water mod out there. Seems pretty spiffy, except it (was?) is incompatible with everything. Coupling it with TFC would be tricky because how sluices work I think, they'd have issues knowing water is flowing on them, or it'd downright crash...
It also lagged quite a bit when much water was flowing around.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Dwarven village has developed a floating garden.  The "Shelf Farm" is a set of wooden support beams which hold up a layer of stone, which is then layered with dirt, tilled, and planted with crops.  A farmhouse is attached to a nearby hill at native ground level, complete with several chests, workbench, and tool racks of hoes and knives.  The entire farm is protected by an overhang of rock to prevent spider incursion, and is further reinforced with a layer of fencing.  The interior dimensions of the farm are 17x10, with the farmhouse being interior 6x8.

Will soon be adding torches and lamposts to the farmland.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile

Can you supply pictures? Does it have adequate orchard land?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have a decent tower buildt so we can keep an eye out for friends and foes alike.
It's also a good way to find our place if we ever get lost.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

PTW until I can figure out how to get the mod working.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Highly suggest you instal a minimap as well, hard to navigate without one.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Server seems to have gone down?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like you have it installed wrong Greatorder...

Also to note. Farming folk, did you know that crops are effected by soil quality. Last checked soil has neutriant levels to them and this effects their growth speed and also require crop rotation...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fully suggest that we the Bay12 Dwarves of this Server move our location and Embark on to a new fort elsewhere, some have been out searching for the best location already by their own motions. I have been gathering a few things needed for the trip. A large amount of seeds (could always use more) and making one of us (Terrius/Interus) a Tin Set of Armour, its costy but at least he can defend us if needed. But I mined up that Tin myself damn it, I will make this Armour if I want to... :P

We also need Arrows, lots and lots of arrows. Those exploring the exterior lands, if you find Chickens, kill some for their feathers...

If you find a nice spot to settle in the future. Please take note of these things...
1: Tree types, we will carry Saplings with us but still...
2: Surface Stone Layer, Always handy to know what kind of Ore is there and if we can make Flux out of it, finding a nearby Layer which can do this is also handy...
3: Clay Zones, find out if there is any Clay nearby, we need clay for smelting...
4: Water Sources, while not all that important, try and make sure there is somewhere which has water for Farmland...
5: It looks epic naturally... Screenshot the damn things...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would rather encourage the opposite.  We have a setup near enough spawn that you can walk there casually, and we have all the tools needed to entrench ourselves.

Also wtf tin armor?  What is this, Elf Cap?  We've got bronze man.  You want to hide out in a soda can?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17