Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Wayward Roguelike - A HTML5 / Javascript game - Beta 1.1.1 released  (Read 16941 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Roguelike - A HTML5 / Javascript game - Beta 1.1.1 released
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2013, 01:36:16 am »

Hrm, I've been thinking about an island-based survival roguelike for the last couple weeks. How in deep is the food/exposure/survival?
well, food is easy to come by in the game and pretty much you could survive on seaweed (theres no fresh water need, yet)
survival, after day 1 if you don't have a decent weapon you are going to get jumped by zombies at night and get chased around by wolves.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »

How do you make a torch? and is there armor of some sort? I got destroyed by a bear. I thought I had a decent weapon but I couldn't even deal him any damage. And there is no day/night cycle I guess?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2013, 10:28:50 pm »

How do you make a torch? and is there armor of some sort? I got destroyed by a bear. I thought I had a decent weapon but I couldn't even deal him any damage. And there is no day/night cycle I guess?
>Haven't even survived to night.

Collect more shit.  When you get all components the recipe becomes available.  There's no trial-and-error-minecraft-crafting it just figures out if you've got all the materials and then makes it ready.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »

Bark torches require 5 stripped bark and 1 branch.
Animal fat torches require animal fat, a branch, and a piece of cloth (Made from 5 string and a needle).

Animal fat torches last a lot longer than bark torches. If you want to light up your living area, use bark torches and 5x smooth/large stones to make a torch stand which is reusable.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 10:47:39 pm »

>Haven't even survived to night.

Haha. Yeah I see how it all just appears if you have the right stuff I just haven't found any fuel type items. But I guess if you strip enough bark it makes fuel? How can I make or get coal?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 10:53:56 pm »

Logs are easier to get. Hit a fallen tree (or hit a tree using an axe) to get those.

Coal comes from rocks, but you need a tool to get it. I usually use a hammer, since the other tools you can get at the beginning are better for other stuff.
Nothing important here, move along.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2013, 02:40:29 am »

I heard something about the gathering system getting better but it seems to be the same. Is it the whole, strip branches and leaves first, then you can get trunks?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]