Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition PBEM #3

(1/19) > >>

Erkki:
Oh yes folks, its that time again.

I will be playing a game against Roger Nelson. We will do dueling AARs on the WitPAE forums. You may read all three AARs, my 2 that will be pretty much the same thing from my behalf, and his. If you do read his AAR, do not spoil the game by revealing anything to either player on the AAR threads or via PM. This includes questions and "guiding" to think about something... But general in-game questions and questions on everything revealed in the AAR are of course OK.

As before we'll do a "Bay 12 squadron". It is up to you to whether we use an Army or Navy(land based or carrier) fighter squadron, but the "Big Six" or Akagi, Kaga, Shokaku and Zuikaku are off the limits as is Zuiho, as these CVs will see action from the first day.

This time the war will start somewhat differently. I've grown frustrated with the results I've had with attacking Pearl Harbor, as well as having KB just sail around the following couple of weeks, so we're doing something different now. Target will be Manila with IJNAF's land based units supporting the attack from Formosa. CVL Zuiho will also join the KB's main body but has a different target. I am looking to kill or cripple all the 27 USN submarines, 2 seaplane/naval support vessels, 4 destroyers, 4 or 5 tankers and multiple merchants and other ships on turn 1. And then kill all the survivors that will try to flee Luzon - over 100 ships in total. We'll let the old battlewagons sitting at Pearl go. They'll be relatively easy prey should the Allies decide to use them.

First turn will be resolved on Monday or Tuesday - hopefully.  ;)

Zrk2:
It seems the navy sees more action, so I move we make it a navy squadron.

Hanzoku:
Agreed. Interesting to see how this pans out - wiping out the submarine fleet would be a major coup.

FritzPL:
Don't forget about Australia and Oceania. I'm no WWII expert, but they might be some trouble later, when we are in a fight with the US.
Also, yeah, go for the navy.

thobal:
Count me in with the navy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version