Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werejackal Kobold Egg  (Read 3038 times)

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Werejackal Kobold Egg
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:20:58 pm »

So I embarked on a cave and apparently inside of it is a Werejackal that turned back into a Kobold less than a day after unpausing. Inside the cave tucked away in the corner are two forbidden Kobold eggs.

..... Will they hatch? D:

(Bonus Dorf Mode: The embark site also has a volcano and the Kobold is just kinda chilling in her cave, unaware my Dorfs embarked about 50 feet from the entrance)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Werejackal Kobold Egg
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:22:03 pm »

Nope! Eggs require a nest box and they need to be incubated. As soon as the mother moves off the eggs, bam, dead eggs. Good for cooking with though
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 12:25:09 pm »

... I think eggs only hatch in a nest egg, as long as an animal sits on it and a male of that specie was present when they were concepted(?).

Since they were laid on bare ground and mommy werejackal isn't around, I guess they won't. Sorry.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:17:29 pm »

Don't eat them! They may be uterly useless (almost like their hatched adult counterparts) but they are a rare find on an unmodded game.

Build an giant altar around them and fill the room with copper large daggers and shiny pebbles and baubles.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 01:27:42 pm »

Don't eat them! They may be uterly useless (almost like their hatched adult counterparts) but they are a rare find on an unmodded game.

Build an giant altar around them and fill the room with copper large daggers and shiny pebbles and baubles.

Isn't it more satisfying to have the rarest of omlettes?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 01:32:56 pm »

And giant rat leather loincloths.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:22:56 pm »

Well I floored up the only entrance to the caves. It's a disappointing cave since it only spans 1 z-level and only has one way in and out. So, this means crazy mama-werejackal kobold will just chill out in the small cave forever until I decide what to do with it all. The eggs won't like, rot and disappear will they?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 02:24:14 pm »

Well I floored up the only entrance to the caves. It's a disappointing cave since it only spans 1 z-level and only has one way in and out. So, this means crazy mama-werejackal kobold will just chill out in the small cave forever until I decide what to do with it all. The eggs won't like, rot and disappear will they?

nope! It might even lay more eggs if theres a male on map...

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 02:34:11 pm »

Perhaps you can build a nest box chamber, connect it to her lair - while using some method to seal the room from your fortress.

Wild creatures used to take over nest boxes. I don't think they do anymore.:( may need some hackery.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 02:50:32 pm »

Perhaps you can build a nest box chamber, connect it to her lair - while using some method to seal the room from your fortress.

Wild creatures used to take over nest boxes. I don't think they do anymore.:( may need some hackery.

How long kobold making takes? Because one time in month she gonna change into werecreature, then eggs will die...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 03:17:14 pm »

nope! It might even lay more eggs if theres a male on map...
Is the werejackal still a civ member? If so, it needs to be married to have babies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.