Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 43540 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:27:32 pm »

Rules are as follows:

Race is decided by you. I have absolutely no restrictions on this.

Powers are developed through play and can take almost* any direction you want.

This is pretty open-ended because structure tends to get in the way of the story and it falls apart by the midpoint anyway.

Die roll effects:
[1] Epic Failure. Not only do you fail to accomplish what you were trying to do. You will probably injure yourself or others from the sheer quantity of failure.
[2] Failure. You fail to do what you wanted to.
[3] Limited Success. Depending on the difficulty of your action, you will either make progress towards your goal, or only manage to do part of what you wanted.
[4] Success. You succeed in doing what you tried to do.
[5] Epic Success. You succeed in doing what you wanted to, and will either do it better than you intended, or get some addtional bonus.
[6] Overkill. You succeed in your action, but overpower or overdo what you were attempting. Possibly ending in injury or awesomeness.

*:I will accept cartoon physics and weirdness, but bending of reality and anything that is crucial to the existence of space and time is off limits until you work hard for it.

Max of ten players. When one dies, and is not resurrected for five turns, a new slot is opened.

Current players:
1: Unknown Human
2: Greakk'Woum'Golt (Grek)
3: Ynot
4: Valentine Michael Smith (Valentine)
5: Joshua Klaus (Klaus)
6: Gragrar Jynson
7: Sarron
8: Hex
9: John Zombie
10: Hu Man

If a player does not post an action within one day of me posting the previous turn, they will be set to A.I. status. What the A.I. will do is determined by dice.

A.I. Personality Die Roll:
[1] The player will commit some nonsensical action. Basically waste their turn grooming themselves or looking at scenery. If in a battle or crucial moment, this is set to a 5.
[2] The player will commit an action that will negatively impact another player. Whether or not this positively impacts the original player is unimportant.
[3] The player will commit an action that will benefit the player. Other specifics do not matter.
[4] The player will commit an action that will benefit the other players and him/herself.
[5] The player will commit an action that will benefit the other players, but not necessarily him/herself.
[6] The player will either do something suicidal, or do something that qualifies as insane. If in battle or at a crucial moment, this is set to a 5.

Deceased:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If an A.I. is about to do something particularly stupid, warning will be given. i.e. Turn themselves into a living meat bomb, run into the enemy line of spear-men, purposely reanimate the dragon you just killed, etc.

When you join the game at any point, your character spawns with the basic load-out at the platform. You will need to catch up to the other heroes. In location, equipment, and skills.

Starting location:

You wake up on a cold surface. A biting wind chills you to your bones. You hear groans and muffled chattering. There is a yellow light issuing forth from behind and to the right.

(Probably worthy of note that this is my first time doing a RTD, but not at all my first poke at fantasy story-telling.)
(Die are being rolled by http://www.heavymetalpro.com/DiceRollPage.htm)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:50:40 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:12 pm »

Name: Blenk

Race: Troll-Dwarf Hybrid

He's lean, green, kinda short and actually really nice. Let's say that the average intelligence of a Troll is 40. A dwarf's is 95 or so. An Elf's is 130. Human's are around 90-100. Blenk's intelligence is around 85; - Extremely smart for something like him.

He loves raw meat, playing chess and adventuring.

Blenk, angry at waking up so suddenly, will ask the nearest person/thing what's going on. He'll try and get his bearings, too.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:52:21 pm by Caerwyn »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 12:53:07 pm »

JOINING.

Race: Human. (male)
Name: Unknown.
Description: Average build, average height, average skills.
Action: Check inventory
EDIT: EDITED.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:28:28 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:06:53 pm »

You should probably put an action, whatever you want your character to do in the situation presented. When all the players actions are presented and enough players are in, the turn will commence.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 01:26:54 pm »

Name : Josh
Race : Yeti.
Traits : Immune to cold, superior strength, bestial agility.
Flaws : Low I.Q.
Skills : Yeti blood lust, Yeti regeneration.

Stand up and look around
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 11:41:37 am by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 01:28:11 pm »

Name: Bork
Race: Human

Jump up and begin running around in circles spouting Gibberish.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 01:54:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Be anybody and anything that you wish to be! There are no limits to your imagination!

And you're both Humans.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 01:57:48 pm »

I'm going to wait for another half hour to post the results of the first turn in case anyone else joins. Writing it now.

Edit: Pretty good rolls. Some redundant moves were made and harsh looks were given. Posting in ten.

Edit Edit: I have no idea what a Kitsune is. Searches on the internet haven't turned up anything useful either. What exactly is a Kitsune?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:26:14 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 02:00:34 pm »

Name: Greakk'Woum'Golt (Grek for short)
Race: Half-dragon, half-human.

Start a fire. Don't use friends, or whoever these nuts are, as kindling.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 02:37:57 pm »

Turn One

Blenk
Blenk, angry at waking up so suddenly, will ask the nearest person/thing what's going on. He'll try and get his bearings, too.

{5} Blenk jumps to his feet and looks about rapidly. Blenk sees he is on a flat platform approximately ten feet by ten feet, beyond the platform is a drop, and mountains in the distance. There is a box in the corner. There are some other people around you waking up. All of you are wearing torn leather trousers.

Unknown  Human
Check inventory

You don't really have an inventory so that doesn't exactly work.
{3} Unknown Human looks around from his position on the floor. He notices he is completely naked except for a worn pair of leather trousers. There are no pockets.

Josh
Stand up and look around

{4} You rise to your feet. You see you are standing on a flat platform approximately ten feet by ten feet, beyond the platform is a drop, and mountains in the distance. There is a box in the corner. There are some other people around you waking up. All of you are wearing torn leather trousers.

Bork
Jump up and begin running around in circles spouting Gibberish.

{3} You jump to your feet and begin running about in circles screaming like a lunatic. The rest of the group looks at you as if questioning your sanity. You manage not to fall off the platform.

Grek
Start a fire. Don't use friends, or whoever these nuts are, as kindling.

{4} You try to start a fire but other than your trousers, there is no flammable material.

Spot/Listen Check:

{4} Your group notices the box has a handle on it, and a seam that boxes in a portion of the front containing the handle. The light is coming from a small bulb above the handle. (Which is kind of vague for "There's a drawer on the box.")

Blenk
Standing.
Cold. Clothed with torn leather trousers.
Unharmed.
No powers.

Unknown Human
Lying down.
Unharmed.
No powers.

Josh
Standing.
Unharmed.
No powers.

Bork
Running around aimlessly.
Unharmed.
No powers.

Grek
Sitting.
Unharmed.
No powers.

-~-~-

If there are any racial abilities I should know about, post them with your next action. I'll include them in Turn Two's Status report.
Greater Collection

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 02:41:14 pm »

Blenk will grab the closest human and toss him towards the box.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 02:42:16 pm »

Let's see...
--Firey breath weapon
--Scales
--Strength and toughness
--Wings
--Various dragon-based immunities, notably extreme temperatures, fire, and some magic

--Various dragon-based weaknesses, notably ice magic, blunt weapons (dragon bones can be surproisingly frail, especially in the wings), and some other magic
--A target of dragonslayers
--Stands out
--Clumsy
--Not stealthy

Some of the downsides are as much personal things as racial, but meh.

I will grab Blenk, toss him near the edge, and open the box.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 02:44:29 pm »

(( Yeti's are heavily furred and live on icy mountains so I'd be immune to extreme cold.
Yeti's are well above human strength, agility and speed and around 2.5x the size of a human.
Yeti's are heavily instinctual so they have below average intelligence.
Think wookie from starwars. ))

Walk up to the box and open it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:48:47 pm by mesor »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 02:46:03 pm »

Racial special effects: none, he's a human!
Action: Stand and step away from the box. Avoid those pushing and shoving idiots.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 02:59:02 pm »

My good sirs, the force is definitely not with you on these rolls.

A face was smashed, an arm crushed, and some pushing shoving idiots are now in pain.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:06:13 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61