Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tales of the Lost Zinc Mine: Exciting and Serious RTD  (Read 1870 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of the Lost Zinc Mine: Exciting and Serious RTD
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 08:13:11 pm »

>Twirl Mustache
I threw this dice straight up. It hit the ceiling and straightened out - as it fell, it didn't spin a millimeter. Hitting the carpet with an unmoving thud (again, not spinning at all on impact), it revealed...
[1]
Sam twirls his mustache out of boredom. Unfortunately, his finger is covered in nervous sweat, and his mustache soaks it right up. Bonding inextricably, his finger is hopelessly ensnared to the mustache. Pull as he might (but not too hard, he doesn't want to lose the 'stache), it will not come loose.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 08:46:48 pm »

Posting to watch this badness!
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 09:20:32 pm »

>Twirl Mustache
I threw this dice straight up. It hit the ceiling and straightened out - as it fell, it didn't spin a millimeter. Hitting the carpet with an unmoving thud (again, not spinning at all on impact), it revealed...
[1]
Sam twirls his mustache out of boredom. Unfortunately, his finger is covered in nervous sweat, and his mustache soaks it right up. Bonding inextricably, his finger is hopelessly ensnared to the mustache. Pull as he might (but not too hard, he doesn't want to lose the 'stache), it will not come loose.
This is the saddest 1 I have seen in a long time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »

>Twirl Mustache
[1]

True. Time to get a 5 to comprimise.
>Remove hand for 'stache and proceed to draw on the walls until something important happens.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 06:43:14 am »

Try to get out.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 08:35:26 am »

>Twirl Mustache
[1]

True. Time to get a 5 to comprimise.
>Remove hand for 'stache and proceed to draw on the walls until something important happens.
[2]
Your hand remains ensnared in your mustache. You use your car keys to scratch a little guy in the wall, sporting an equally magnificent mustache. You are pleased by this rendition.
Try to get out.
[6]
Behind you, Sam appears to be trapped in his own facial hair, and Mike is sitting on a tipped-over bomb despite the very real hazard of testicular cancer. You decide to take action!

The fallen figures have stopped moving [because character select is CLOSED, you guys, unless that guy gets his reserve sheet up soon]. You are worried about this, and decide to try to get out. Picking up a bar of what looks like inert lead (your pocket doesn't click any louder when you pick it up), you try to bash the door down. Unfortunately, it is a solid metal door, and lead is a soft metal. The bar squishes a bit, and the door doesn't move. Looking beside the door, you see a button labeled "BLAST DOOR UNLOCK". Pushing it, you hear a click, and a handle springs out of the door.

Working together, you and Mike manage to lift the door about a foot, as Sam wriggles underneath it, hand in 'stache the entire time. When he's on the other side, Mike's hands slip off the handle and the door slams shut. You are trapped in a room behind a door that takes two people to open. As you stare at the handle, the door rises suddenly and the handle hits you in the forehead. You are expected to bruise there, but you're free! Clearly there was an Emergency Motorized Override switch on the other side! You step out and see less of a glassy underground wasteland than you thought - thick foam appears to have automatically sprayed over the fallout from the micro-nuke blast and it wasn't much of a radioactive explosion to begin with, and hardened into something resembling either expanding foam sealant or diet recipes. You could dig through it if you wanted, but you'd probably only find a thin spread of hazardous dust and burn marks - everything in this room was stored on archaic computers, and most have been tipped over (plus the nano-punch cards that defined that era of computing will have burned up in the blast). Oh well, at least a thick lead brochure rack appears to have survived, although it's tipped over and sunken into the foam.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 09:53:18 am »

Try to grab the brochure stand to use as a weapon.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 10:34:02 am »

Mike: Find and read brochure. Maybe one survived!
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 01:28:17 pm »

Try to grab the brochure stand to use as a weapon.
[6]
You try to lift up the brochure stand with your mighty arm, but it is not enough. You will need to extract your hand from the mustache. With a heavy heart, you pull and pull, until your finger comes free with a pop. Your philtrum erupts in agony as the deepest bed of your facial hair is disturbed, but it appears you have not lost the 'stache... for now.

The stand will not be lifted, but it can be rolled with effort. After rolling it once, a shelf-ful of brochures cheerily stares out in various degrees of charredness and age.

Mike: Find and read brochure. Maybe one survived!
You pick a likely-looking brochure entitled "NUCLEAR SECRETS AND YOU: BOMBING FOREIGNERS WITHOUT LETTING ON TO ANYTHING." On the first page is a full-page spread of antique advertisements for various health products and antique quackery.
"Purchase Dr. Phineas' Best Nuclear Baldness Enhancer! Containing REAL plutonium oxides, Dr. Phineas' will make your hair fall out almost immediately. Phone today post-haste and acquire 3 bottles plus a bonus uranium-enriched Bald Comb for only $2.00!"
"The Miracle of LEAD: Enhance Your Vision with "Nature's Cure", bathed in Healthful Mercury Solution."
"How to CURE AUTISM with Aluminium Pillules in Three E-Z Steps!"
Beyond the ads is a very long article on how to keep any nuclear secrets you may happen to be developing out of the hands of capitalist spies. Tips include locking your briefcase, offering anyone suspiciously eager to see the facility a tour of the hazardous waste cistern from the inside (future note to self: avoid pits into hazardous waste cisterns), printing everything on edible paper and carrying a murder pill everywhere you go (like a suicide pill, but more external). This advice will come in handy if you ever decide to develop obsolete nuclear secrets, but otherwise it's useless.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »

Locate plot-significant stuff.
Or anything, really.
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »

Locate plot-significant stuff.
Or anything, really.

Help him. Use Awesome Mustache to enhance his power.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 07:30:56 pm »

Mike: Search for other exits to this room.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: 1 [2]