Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86823 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 9: An Arrow's Point
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2012, 09:43:36 pm »

Shella grunted in Eisens direction. "I was actually joking about bluffing our way past. Expected we'd just get in weapons range before hitting them. You honestly surprised me, there. Brain over brawn, yeah?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »

Shella grunted in Eisens direction. "I was actually joking about bluffing our way past. Expected we'd just get in weapons range before hitting them. You honestly surprised me, there. Brain over brawn, yeah?"

"Just wanted to avoid starting another fight so soon. The sounds would end up drawing more of their people our way, and we'd have to fight our way to the camp." Eisen answered with a smile.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2012, 11:11:59 pm »

"This is very true." Gurrath nods, and looks back at his very eager companion, straining in the ropes to be able to be useful. Chuckling to himself, he decided that the best thing to do is to just act normally, but to also keep an ear out for anything.

Ride as normal, but keep an ear out for anything.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2012, 03:14:06 am »

"This is strange, though. These bandits seem more like a militant village than a band of forceful thieves."

Continue on. Examine main encampment if we reach it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2012, 07:05:18 am »

'I'm glad we were spared more pointless bloodshed,' Ecidona said, smiling.

Keep calm and carry on.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2012, 03:49:40 am »

Spoiler: Aes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:20:05 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:19 pm »

Waitlist I guess >_<
Be gentle, it's my first RTD. :P

Spoiler: Kheir (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:50:53 pm by Reudh »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2012, 11:16:01 pm »

Sorry for holding the turn up for quite some time. Having RL issues and wording problems, but its going on smoothly.

In the meantime, I've fixed up the waitlist - any criticism regarding it would be great for me!  :)

Also, welcome to the RTD board Reudh!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 10: Knowledge is Power
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2012, 01:03:47 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

-Turn 10: Knowledge is Power-

Crickets, horses, swallows of the night...The many sounds of the forest blended into a soothing tone as the group moved onwards in near-silence, commenting on their recent luck in hushed voices, uninterrupted by their guides as the atmosphere took on a solemn mood.

Deeper and deeper did the party travel, with the songs of the night fading slowly away into a sepulchral air - nothing could be heard but the soft plodding of hooves and boots on leaf-covered soil. What used to be an open sky was now a thick cobweb of branches and leaves, tiny gaps in the forest heights were the only passages of the lunar light. Occasionally, glimpses of humanoid silhouettes would appear in the distance, only to disappear when being directly looked upon - a trick of the light.

Shella's voice broke the silence, stating her wishes to scout on ahead just to ensure that they were in the right direction. Her gestures were met by somber nods from the guides; as if they, too, were unsure of their own skill at navigation. Not one of them offered to march along with the older woman when they realized the situation.

With no objections raised, the Orc raised the signal, and rode off into the darkness, highlighted only by a faint bluish glow from above.

~~~

"Come one, don't tell me you didn't hear that?"
"Nothing else but the whistling wind...no."
"Doesn't frighten me, if that's your idea of a joke, sire."
"Ok, alright...look up and see what I meant."
"We know what you meant, all we hear is our breathing, the soft mud underneath our boots, the occasional swish of your waterskins and our breathing. Oh, and not to mention those glitterflies and firewings. Crazy buggers lighting up this place, mightily bad if annoyed their branches..."
"They're kind of beautiful close-up, actually."

The column drew to a halt for a second before continuing in lieu of the uninformed guides flanking them.

"Why the cut-chat?"
"We're...appreciating the scenery."
"You had the last hour to appreciate it."
"N-not until now. Look up."
"That was my point- Looking up...*sigh*"

Up above in the cimmerian tops, spires of luminescent tubes lined the trees. Deep-azure in hue and emitting a ghostly light, it was as if these vines were giving off their own bio-luminescence, if it were not for the creatures that flitted around the area. Tiny specks of orange and gold, floating and hovering like dandelion seeds, crossed the gaps between the vines like a network of disorganized ants. Looking downwards, insects resembling fireflies moved amongst thin branches in pairs of twos and threes, nearly invisible in the sky blue glow.

Shella's voice comes back to you as a faint whisper, your surroundings providing the perfect cover as the night breeze picks up despite the thickness of the forest. For those who gaze into their amulets, they see a different sight.

On the crest of a wooded hill and overlooking a clearing in the forest, you recognize the mane of Shella's horse, and beyond that a camp. The camp in question was constructed from the common holdings, cloth, wood and ironbark supports, seemingly fortified by the large rock outcroppings barring a charge into open terrain. Campfires and strange glowing staves dotted the area, with the latter forming a loose perimeter around the scene - one of them near Shella - and quite familiar to the lights at the perch earlier. You could see only a few people, about a hand-count standing watch over the entrances. One was heading in the northern direction while the other came about southwest from the area, only a few yards from where the Orc Huntress was. Your view is partly obscured by the cloak Shella wears.

"No dangers from the tree-dwellers; insects or glowing plants. No other patrols roaming about but the occasional nightwatchmen. The bandits use the terrain as their primary defense - while it seems like open terrain, they've got rudimentary traps hidden in the crevices and bottlenecks. Not too dangerous, but they'd alert anyone nearby judging by their worksmanship. Fortunately, the stone is more to our advantage. I've rounded the area and they're not too vigilant in watching what goes on behind the larger rocks. We could easily climb over the things and leap into the camp with them unawares, making use of the dynamic pathways that snake through the area. Our horses would have to stay behind, given the situation - I see no sign of other horses around. I'm betting they keep their treasure in the middle, as usually assumed. Heavy guard and constant watch proves me right. Can't make out any distinguishable features, unfortunately. Didn't count the guards-assumed their presence. It was dark."

One of the bowmen speaks, casually interrupting your ciphered dialogue.

"We're near the entrance now, sirs and miss'. Tell the elders we're heading back to the westwatch and get the mages to Strom. I'm not sure we can hold out here any longer..."

((You may take this time to dismiss your guides, or attempt to regroup with Shella.))

Spoiler: Captives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot Gathered (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes - Prodded (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:17:39 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2012, 03:05:23 pm »

"We should regroup with Shella. I am not fond of the idea of leaving our horses behind, but the encampment is not the best area to walk around mounted."

Eisen nods towards the direction of the camp. "We'll try to avoid combat at first. We should try to recover our mission's objective and slip out of here without much more fuss."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2012, 07:17:08 pm »

Objectives...Shella was sure what the bandits had stolen was important. But what was any trinket compared to finding clues to her sisters whereabouts?

Shella was sure her own target would be sheltered somewhere within. How to find him?

She only knew a bit-he was a High Elven Trader, knowing for dealing with anyone and dealing in anything that would bring him profit. Dressed well, worn a silken patch on his left eye (though he wasn't blind or visually impaired at all, a fact which explained plenty about him), walked with a slight limp on his right leg (which wasn't faked-he had run into some trouble years back with debt collectors). He was fairly a poor swordsman, but was known to employ a pair of Northern Barbarian Blade-sisters who had some skills, at some point in the past. They might have moved on by now.

She had gathered enough information to know he had more or less joined the revolution against his will, after he had been accused of running goods for them. He had been, but he had also been running trade routes for the Kingdom-forced between a quick execution and a uneasy alliance, he had chosen the latter, sheltering within the camp yonder, under the bandits protection in exchange for moving goods back and forth on the black market. He would be sleeping in a fancy tent (Elvish style), maybe not as big as the bandit leader, but well ornamented as befitting his position.

He was the one who had bought Tagga last she could figure from the rumors-ostensibly to polish his saddles. Now she needed to find him, and found out who he had sold her to in turn. And kill him, maybe. She had done that to many who had a hand in it.

A harder question was how to do it without bothering his newfound (and shortlived) allies own quest...she regretted not having more time to know any of them, but at least it made all of this easier...

She could live with many things, but letting others die for her was not one of them. Shella spoke to Eisen through the amulet, and Eisen only she hoped-though it was likely they had someone listening in.

"Eisen? Eisen, are you there?"

Action: Stay put and wait for the party to regroup. Try to spot the tent the Trader might be residing in.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2012, 12:05:42 am »

"Eisen? Eisen, are you there?"

"Yes, I am, miss. Anything in particular?" he aks with a smirk as he silently orders his mount to move.

The orcish woman was an interesting character, but she always seemed in a hurry...As if her companions were nothing but obstacles in her way or tools for her trade and she needed to do or find something with urgency - something higher than their objective, he supposed.

Maybe she was in a search for enlightenment...Although he doubted that a bit.

Regroup with Shella.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2012, 03:27:03 am »

Shella grunted.

"I suppose you should know, we'll be parting ways soon enough.

I've been playing all of you the whole time-I knew what I really wanted was here the whole time, and what was going to happen. I needed help to get close to the camp, and you've given me that. See-there's a High Elven trader in the camp, someone who can lead me one step closer to my sister. I'll help you all get the artifact...but after that I'm on my own. Maybe the rest of you have the luxury of saving the World, and I wish you luck in that endeavor, but I only really care about the one small part of the World that I love. She's waiting for me. You understand.

What I mean to say is, I hope you don't take it personally. I'll try not to endanger your mission, but I thought you should be prepared in case something goes wrong. Can you keep this to yourself? What the others know won't hurt them, and some discussions can be saved for easier times."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2012, 06:49:25 am »

Gurrath took a last look at the vines, before deciding that a regroup was in order. If anything, he felt somewhat.. pressured in this forest, as if the life around him was trying to drown out his thoughts. Still, the azure glow from the branches was indeed a sight. Maybe he would have to take up painting or poetry to have a more permanent copy of this in his head.

Hurrying towards Shella and Einsen, he caught the last of a word, and shrugged. Whatever they were talking about was most likely private, so it didn't concern him.

Regroup with Shella.

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2012, 08:32:39 am »

"What I mean to say is, I hope you don't take it personally. I'll try not to endanger your mission, but I thought you should be prepared in case something goes wrong. Can you keep this to yourself? What the others know won't hurt them, and some discussions can be saved for easier times."

"We all have objectives in our life, or are seeking one. If you already found yours and have the means to fulfill it, then you are a happy person."

Eisen smiled and tapped his flute, as if considering playing it...But such act would most likely attract unwanted attention. Better leave music and mirth for after the mission was completed.

"I can't judge you. You will assist us as we have assisted you, and good luck in your endeavors."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22