Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86715 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2013, 07:58:04 pm »

Waitlist

"Huh. Climbing. I always liked climbing as a youngster. I'll go first."
Kheir awaits the rope to be affixed to the wall - four arms are better than two for climbing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2013, 11:09:48 pm »

"Fascinating..." Sal'savira said, looking at all the arcana.

Examine the upright staves. See if I can figure out why the righthand one has notches in it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2013, 09:49:12 am »

The others seemed to know what they were doing. Ecidona had noticed the scrolls and couldn't imagine what she could find here. Surely the others wouldn't mind...

Examine the scrolls. If there's time, go over the figurines as well, see if I recognize the creatures they portray.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 14a: Intentions
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2013, 07:19:39 pm »

-Turn 14: Intentions-
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

Anti-magic Field continuing for this last turn.
Search visually for the artifact, keep arrow notched and ready to be fired upon need.
((Bold the full action next time please-if you also searched for what Rhea was asking-I rolled for it anyway - check the bottom of the turn.))
[Search: 3]
[4 vs 1+1 (???)]
Eisen feels the fading wind brush past his body as he passes the staves, keeping an arrow nocked as he checked the inside for any enemies--none were spotted, even in the shadiest of corners or in the most awkward of curves, but the feeling of doubt remained. There was something definitely wrong here.

"Nothing. No sight or sense of them. I can't even smell their scent." Eisen says, taking a glance around. "All that remains is searching, I suppose."

Action: Hide if I can, and keep on eye on the door while the others search. If someone drops in for an unfriendly visit, knock em over the head from behind!
[1]
Shella kept her back turned, keeping watch in the opposite direction as she took position near the entryway. It was conspicuous enough to be mistaken as a support, and gave her ample vision of the surroundings while denying a clear view of the inside from any onlookers. This must've been how anyone would've guarded this simple-looking area.

Her knee hits a pole, which in turn topples a spear, which tears a smooth incision in the flap, letting sunlight stream freely inside. The inner parts now seem more opague, due to a contrast of light and dark from the inside and the outside.

And from all that, no sound from the outside is heard other than a faint whistling coming and disappearing in short intervals. Any birdcalls, chirping cries, or morning song do not permeate the air--however a sneaking wariness touches the edges of her thoughts. There is something wrong in the interior of the tent.
Examine the upright staves. See if I can figure out why the righthand one has notches in it.
[5]
"Anything?"
"The staves."

Sal'savira adjusted her googles to focus the light, and peered closely at the two staves bordering the entrance from the inside. A note clicks in her mind as she exchanges looks between one and the other. The notches don't seem to be caused by any kind of sharp implement-sword, knife or axe-but seem to be seared in by an implement of fire. Seeing as the notches were made near the junction of the vine and staff, a simple conclusion appears in her mind.

"The staves are significant. Improvised wards, I think. The vine works as the source. Reminds me of the sealing wards in the Bastion, but. . .crude. Makeshift. Though these are active. They are glowing. Indicating activity.

"Active activity."
"What caused the markings?" Gurrath said.
"I cannot know. Nothing in our vicinity has the power to cause such."
"Heat a metal, and strike with the edge. Not that hard to do."
The Seeker looks down, notices that her "knuckle"knucklebones still exhibit the faint glow from before, and turns back to respond. "The scorch marks do not signify that. The edges are ill-defined. It is more of applying fire to water. There is resistance on both sides--both are changed, and mark remain of their passing."

Examine the scrolls. If there's time, go over the figurines as well, see if I recognize the creatures they portray.
[1 - lacking time]

Ecidona is the next to enter the tent. She held her cloak fast as the receding wind passes her upon entry--stooping over and grabbing most of the scrolls for inspection.

"Interesting."
"What is?"
"These scrolls. They depict research. Notes, musings, ponderings. There are several figures and diagrams drawn, along with what I guess seem to be the corresponding details, yet they're all. . .burned. The parchment isn't destroyed, but the words and figures are just blackened out though I'm pretty sure that it may still be of use, perhaps?"
A shadow pass by, and thinking it was Eisen, she moved towards the far end of the tent, still trying to decipher the scrolls in her hands.
"Though I'm unsure if these also refer to the figures here. I can make out the common races of the world, including a lot of the other fauna, and a few things. . .only seen in stories. Like this one, a six-winged angel, or-hey, a suit of armor. Hmm, doesn't seem like any of these hold any significance but depiction."

Quote from: Gurrath Halsen
Stay guard with Shella. Keep watch on the interior and exterior.
[Banter: 1]
Back at the entrance, which measured quite a distance from the far end, Gurrath stood along Shella, on the opposite corner.
"Not what I expected this to be."
His talk was met with a raised eyebrow.
"I mean, we're pretty lucky enough to evade being spotted. We've crossed miles and pretty much infiltrated a camp with people as diverse as back in the Bastion. And even here, they're lacking security. It's all a set-up, I say. Even I am questioning to myself in my thoughts on why we're doing this. Ecidona, can you see any figure there that matches the bandits?"
Ecidona kept her eyes on the figures, shifting between them and the notes.
"There's people of varying heights, and pretty much nothing out of the ordinary. Some of the figures have multiple arms and legs--and this is just a spider. *Shoo* Oh, and now a one-winged angel, and what seems to be an arboreal...living tree? The roots seem to conform to 'legs'. Anyway, I've never seen most of these in my life, or-"
"I think I've found it."

All eyes fall upon Eisen, who is standing, stooped over the tiny opalescent orb in the center. He carries his bow at the ready, and yet on his drawing-wrist, carries a small pouch which jingles to the tune of money.

"How do you know that's what we're looking for."
Eisen gives a quizzical look. "I've tried everything else but what Ecidona is looking at, and none have reacted."
Gurrath prodded the stave nearby, "It would be strange to trap a vital point. And it would pretty much be a trial and error thing if it would work that way, but that seems like concluding there."
"It's a hypothesis."

The party feels a certain tension in the air--present in emphasis near the orb with lessening effect radiating outwards.

[A miniturn will be issued after this depending on actions given.]
Spoiler: Positioning (click to show/hide)
Characters:
Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:21:34 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 14a: Intentions
« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2013, 03:37:36 pm »

Meanwhile...

[Complex Sense roll: 2>1,1,1]

As the rest of you look around the cavern, the ground beneath you shakes for a few moments before returning to its calm. "Hmm, tremors. Keep looking ahead, this whole place won't collapse on us."

Royce squatted by the edge and looked down. "Got something alive down there. Looks beholden to the water element," he laughed, petting the grayhound at his side. "So, what do the lot of you want to do, eh? Go down and see if it's friendly, take a nap, or go fishing?" He raised his eyebrows. "Because I could do with a little snack, that's all I'm saying. What about you, boy? In the mood for a little seafood?" he asked, scratching the dog behind its ears.
The greyhound tilts its head, then jumps up and licks you playfully on the face. You get the feeling that it is happy with your presence and will stick to your side, now.

It barks in approval and you can see its tail swish back and forth. It seems your proposal has made quite the reaction.

"Huh. Climbing. I always liked climbing as a youngster. I'll go first."
"Good enough," the 'knight' says, clasping his hands together and creating an echo that fills the cavern as he nods in approval.

"I will not be joining you in the proceedings henceforth. I have been sent to teach you lessons--of which you have already learned one, despite the relative quiet I observe with you all. Whether it be boredom or nay, I shall never know, however your lesson was this.

"Trust."
He detaches the book by his belt and throws it towards Kheir. He looks towards Aes, and hands her his torch, as well as passing around the rest of the habiliments carried to the rest.

Your inventories have been updated.

"These are what helped me in the years before, I hope it will aid you all well, here. And my friend," he says, looking at the greyhound, "take care of them. Your sense of smell will be crucial for their survival."

Without further ado, the first of you moves towards the edge as the man ties the rope on one of the stalagmites protruding from the earth--well, if considering a small patch of sturdy stone would suffice--and follows the rope down. Kheir is followed by Royce down below.

At the bottom, Royce's feet meet the cold, damp feeling of water beneath. His boots soak up the cold, and looking down, he sees the cavern floor clearly against the lighting-the water is clear and flowing farther ahead, downwards at a slope-and to his side stands Kheir.

An opening stands before them-something which you all see clearly if you choose to look through your amulets-measuring at the height of five full-grown men, and wide enough to accommodate seven, placed from head to toe--wider than as tall, and the water flows deeper, downwards into the darkness where the light of your torches cannot reach.

Kheir gestures and points at the source of water. Halfway from the steep incline, it seems that the rock itself is dampened by its presence. Water flows along the lower half of the cliffside, falling silently down to create the floor the two now stand on; an inch deep of water coats the depths beyond the cliff, and small fish swim amongst the feet of the Kheir and Royce, flickering in the torchlight. A steady trickle of them seem to be moving downstream. There is also a crab moving cutely with the flow of the water among the fish. You see it has an iridescent shell.

"Strange, I can't put this quite clearly, but I feel something's afoot."
"What may that be?"
"Too tranquil? I'm unsure. I just have this feeling of uncertainty as a whole. It has been plaguing me ever since we've come down the middle tunnel."
"You too?"

[A miniturn will happen after this based on all your actions]
Spoiler: Positioning (click to show/hide)
Characters:
Spoiler: Aes Nain ; Skyrunner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krikt ; Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trent Alzar ; adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kheir ; Reudh (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:07:45 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 16, 2013, 03:47:42 pm »

[SUBQUEST]

Royce takes out his sword and attempts to 'spear' a fish with it. He also attempts to capture the iridescent crab, just to have it.

"I still miss being a bear. They have such an easier time fishing," the trickster spirit lamented as he stabbed at a passing fish. "...And I wasn't kidding about being hungry..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 16, 2013, 04:27:15 pm »

Shella's axe swung in her hand impatiently.

"Get what we came for. Hurry. Somethings wrong here."

She searched her senses.

Action: Try to concentrate on the source of the 'wrongness' and figure what it is. Maybe take a careful peek outside if needed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2013, 07:18:21 pm »

[SUBQUEST]

Kheir walks along very cautiously, to where Royce is attempting to catch the crab.
"You miss being a bear? Are you mad, or simply strange? And how do you know those fish are safe to eat?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 16, 2013, 07:27:25 pm »

"I don't know! That's half the fun. And about the other thing, I was a bear in the life before this one." Royce sighed, reminiscing. "That was a relaxing life. Go out, eat, go home, sleep. Make no mistake, it's far more interesting being a humanoid, but sometimes it's nice to just take a decade or two off to rest before getting back to shenanigans and hijinks. Although I always preferred monkeyshines."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2013, 07:36:16 pm »

"Hmm. So you say you reincarnate? What a curious thing you are."

Kheir pulls out the tome and opens it, flicks to a random page and begins reading.

"Let's see of what use this scripture will be."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 16, 2013, 07:39:12 pm »

"Sure. I'll try not to get your pages wet." Royce walked a few feet away, pursuing a different fish with his sword.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2013, 11:21:02 pm »

"Now that this is mostly taken care of, I will concentrate on Rhea's request." Eisen says, starting to look for the small, pretty and green thing she had mentioned - maybe a colored glass marble? He can't help but devote some time wondering why exactly the tent's inside feels so eerie and wrong.

Search for the object Rhea asked for.

Edit: Leave the tent to check outside due to Ecidona's warnings.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:52:15 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2013, 12:58:11 am »

((Yay! Secret messages! Strange things afoot! Poor Ecidona has been thoroughly traumatized.))

'Eisen, please get back from that thing. Get back now. I'm sensing something that's... not good,' Ecidona forces out. She blinks, looking at the circles of bloody figures. 'Also, there's, umm, there are way too many bodies and way too much blood. I'm sort of... seeing a, a, shadow world. I don't really know what's happening, but uhh... I... umm, I think we should get out of here. Now.'

Action: Confused warnings!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2013, 06:29:22 pm »

Eisen stops dead in his tracks and turns to face Ecidona, mildly confused by her catastrophic-sounding warnings of danger. "What do you mean? Get away from the orb? What exactly are you seeing?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2013, 01:44:12 am »

Terys peers through the amulet at the sight below.
"I knew I picked the right job. Not a year in, and we've already seeing this sort of view..."
He rappells down next.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22