Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86731 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 14a: Intentions
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2013, 02:19:39 am »

'Eisen, there is literally a greatsword on your neck,' Ecidona said, feeling panic well up within her. 'Maybe it's a symbol of some other danger or an actual physical thing but we really should move, now.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2013, 09:17:03 pm »

"I still do not understand what exactly is going on, but we could head outside and see if something has changed." the young man answers, rolling his shoulders and heading outside with a brisk pace, bow still in hand.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #242 on: September 20, 2013, 08:34:39 am »

[the quest of subs]

"So... why are we here, again?"

Aes shines the torch off the cliff, pouting at the water the light reflects on. At least she had the mind to wear boots this day.

"I was kinda spaced out."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2013, 08:41:13 am »

"I was kinda spaced out."
[Sense: 6 - roll done because..you missed a lot back nine months ago]

"We were about to start your training, youngling." the knight replies, standing behind you with his hands clasped behind his back. "Your friends are mostly down there-and to remind you, we're on a hunt. I guess I will take care of Krikt and your Skylarin companion here, soon."

He claps his hands once more. You then get the feeling that you aren't that much alone now.

"Do be careful."

((We pretty much Need IronyOwl here to continue.))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:20:47 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2013, 09:27:05 am »

Attempt to get down the cliff.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:36 pm »

((We pretty much Need IronyOwl here to continue.))
((Oh dear.))

Sal'savira snapped to attention at Ecidona's warning.

"Then let us flee quickly. There are more than enough forces at work here to substantiate a threat like that."

Try to usher everyone out of the tent, after they've grabbed things if appropriate.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »

[Subquest]

Trent ensured his helmet was on securely as he approached the rope to rappel down after the others, as he gets close he intones a prayer,

"I am the bearer of the Truth, the Shield against the darkness, the Sword that shall shatter with the Return.

Bless the darkness I shall wear like a shroud, and withhold death so that we can bear witness to the Return and events to come.

By the Raven I bear see me through this endless night to the dawn Savior, if it is my path to die today so be it but if you see mercy enough to let me live then I shall continue my service."

Down the rope, we have over-sized worms to kill

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2013, 04:49:38 am »

Try to usher everyone out of the tent, after they've grabbed things if appropriate.
Both turns are mostly finished and..I'm at a conundrum.

Are you entering the tent and getting some stuff or..something else?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2013, 04:58:13 am »

Both turns are mostly finished and..I'm at a conundrum.

Are you entering the tent and getting some stuff or..something else?
((I'm already in the tent, trying to get myself and everyone else out. The "after they've grabbed some things" is so I don't drag someone off just as they're about to grab the item we're after, or something similar.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 14b: Volition
« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2013, 05:25:14 am »

-Turn 14: Volition-
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Ecidona's Silence Spell has dissipated!

Action: Confused warnings!
[Make your actions clear please. I nearly missed the subtle note that you wanted to get the scrolls and figurines back there.]
[Loot: 4]
"Understand what's going on? There's a sword poised to strike you down! We're-you're-there are-"
Ecidona takes a breath before looking at Sal'savira and the rest by the warding barrier, before looking back at Eisen. Yet before she could act, she winces as she senses her spell waning. The faint traces visible only in her eyes would soon take effect on the rest.

Action: Try to concentrate on the source of the 'wrongness' and figure what it is. Maybe take a careful peek outside if needed.
[Detect: 6 vs 2 = Enemy Spotted!]
[Intercept due to initiative? 2 vs 2 | 6 vs 4+1: Heck yes]
At Ecidona's warnings, and on her intuitive feelings, Shella takes a peek out-before being tapped on the shoulder by Gurrath.

"I'll check outside." he says before exiting the tent. The Orc turned about and checked the area as Sal'savira began crossing through the warding barrier, and kept her sights on for any discrepancies in the air -as Ecidona was keen to mention- as it felt mostly like riddles or metaphors.

She squinted, seeing a linear shift soon turning into a humanoid outline moving subtly within the interior and felt the handle of her axe meet her hands. Before her eyes, the scene was changing.

"Eisen-"

Grab the orb and leave the tent to check outside due to Ecidona's warnings.
[PS: You should really edit in your action here other than sending the exact action on IRC :P
Glad to have caught you on that last moment PM.]
Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)
[Craftiness: 6]
[General action: 1]

"-move! Now!"
[Eisen Dodge: 6+2{Fleeing} vs 1+1+3 {Telegraphed Ambush} - Success]

The Foxfolk took two steps from his position, until he noticed the same thing as the others. Ecidona's spell, woven as it was around them and their vicinity, could be seen visually receding. From Gurrath's location, it travels quickly past Shella and Sal'savira then. . .horror.

The faint outline of the silence spell passes the Malkaven, and unveils a grisly scene as it returns back towards its owner and vanishes.

~~~

First, was the stench of death-the odor of burnt flesh and blood.

Second, was their owners. Six, seven, eight or nine; in general, several bodies were huddled and lying on the ground in a concentric pattern around the orb surrounding the Foxfolk. Deep gashes decorated their bodies and blood pooled around them, with most of the cuts showing scorch marks and clotted blood. None of them moved, and whatever semblance of life was on them could not be seen.

Third, was the threat. The sword, poised above Eisen's head. It was carried by a figure covered fully in plated armor with a visor covering its face. With the silencing shroud gone, the figure takes on a detailed yet translucent human appearance--much like the shine of clustering dust in sunlight--towering at about seven feet in height.

In the second that passed, it seemed frozen. The greatsword which Ecidona spoke of was held in both hands, shimmering in a faint yellow hue. And in the next second, it began to move--to resume its motion, as if it paused or slowed.

Yet, they were all ready. On reflex, Eisen dove to the side as the sword crashed into the brazier, leaving a huge dent in the metal. The Foxfolk felt heat pass by him as he followed up into a sideways roll and unleashed his shot back at the figure. The arrow strikes true, but glances off the poleyn and embeds itself in the far end of the tent after spinning once-breaking two bottled flasks on the rack beside Ecidona, who notes a hissing sound as it is exposed to air.

The blade, however, catches Eisen's cloak, and he finds himself pinned due to its fastening. Right before him, the cloth shrivels and curls, emitting the foul odor of burning fabric.

[Craftiness/Improvisation: 6]
[Flee: 5+2 vs 6+1 | 2+2 vs 3+1 | 6+2 vs 1+1: Success!]

"Grab the orb!" Shella cried as she interceded, parrying its strike with her axe as the figure moves to advance. Sal'savira took hold of the situation, before helping Eisen up as Shella handles the figure.

She takes hold of the Orb, and noticing its fabric, decides to wrap it up in the silk underneath it.

"Go!"

[???: 6+1 vs 1 | 6+6 vs 1 ; Critical!]
[> Weapon Sunder: 2+2 vs 3]
[Shella {Flee}: 3+2 vs 3+1: Success]

At the order of the Seeker, Ecidona is the first to dart through the entryway, followed by Eisen, and soon after accompanied by Sal'savira herself, but not before she glances at her ally.

"Shella!"

The Orc was caught in battle-squaring off against an opponent with full advantage in the area in all but distance--her axe outmatched the space needed to easily swing the greatsword, and blow after blow was countered by a feint and a lunge, only to end as the shady figure uses its fist. It connects with Shella's armor, hitting her in the side and leaving her open to attack-it strikes quickly with its sword, and is met by reflexes only a trained warrior can match. It makes contact with the axe, changing the angle of the strike to glance off the weapon, but in turn cleaving right through the upper half, leaving only a broken splinter remaining and putting the orc off balance.

This was when Sal'savira made her move. She quickly took hold of her friend, and shoved her through the warding area, quickly following in turn after weaving past a strike, using a body as a distraction, and dodging a quick call to the leg.

As the two women scramble for the entryway, they hear no pursuit of the figure-and on curiosity, look back. It is standing rather stoically at the entryway, with sword clasped in both hands, staring right back at them. The wards marking the perimeter of the tent interior glow bright azure as the inside is shrouded in their glow.

Quote from: Gurrath
Check outside for any sign of hostility/Is Rhea ok?
[Search: 2]

It was a beautiful morning. The silence in the air kept Gurrath reminiscing of the times gone by, when he was back in the mercenary business. Living on the road, and getting paid for various activities; all of which encouraged the use of his spear. Those times were good times.

Until he sees Rhea waving at him by the hilltop, and hears the faint sound of a hunting horn being blown in the far distance. He sees her hand clasp around his amulet, and her mouth voice silent sayings before shaking it again and repeating the motions. Soon enough, she gives up and clasps her hands around her mouth and tries to shout something while pointing energetically at the tent.

Sadly, due to the distance and the early morning air, it is vague and indistinguishable, yet punctuated by another sound-the noise of Eisen and Ecidona running out of the tent from behind, followed by Sal'savira and Shella.

"Nothing wrong out here-though Rhea seems distraught. What happened?"

Spoiler: Positioning (click to show/hide)
Characters:
Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:14:17 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2013, 05:27:52 am »

[This space for waitlister turn. I am busy. >_<]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2013, 06:44:38 am »

Shella grunted. Some sort of warded defender, or a summoned demon-too many advantages in one place to overcome. She momentarily gave though to firing her bow at it, but what if could step out of the boundary? No point. They had the Orb...and, their mission was nearly complete. Well, their mission was.

She abruptly turned away from the group, and spoke back to them. She nodded to Eisen.

"And, It's time we part ways. I've honored my oath and lead you here, but I've got some business to attend to otherwise. I suggest you all escape while you can-if I can catch up I might, but don't count on it. Eisen can explain, but for now it's best left to the winds. Farewell...my friends."

With that, she began stalking toward the merchants tent, bow held grimly in her hands. She would find the merchant-make him talk. He would talk.

It was Shella's shot that put him down. 600 meters right through the eye. The merchant who had intended to enslave her clan (it seemed merchants were the bane of her life) dropped like a sack of meal-and the momentum shifted. His band of cutthroats faltered. Clan Gavuatu rallied, charging with vicious warcries. Victory...but, at the cost of almost three quarters of their clans number. They would never recover. Most of them would either find work in the cities, or splinter off to their parent tribes, begging bread from prouder tables...

Even now, she doesn't know why Ephia betrayed them that night. Cut the throats of the nightwatch herself. Let them into the walls-even took part in the fight herself, slaughtering her stunned brothers and sisters-Shella had traded blades and bowshot with her, aiming to kill the traitor, but she was fast...and knew when to run away from a losing battle. Ephia had been a fellow hunter- a cunning warrior-and something of Shella's rival. They weren't friends, but they weren't enemies. She mostly kept to herself. Was it a need for money? Revenge? Something so base, to ruin so much that had been good and wholesome? Why did she kill her clanmates?

In the end, Shella decides she doesn't care about why...only about how she's going to find her...and make her pay.

But, there's another problem.

A few of the bandits, more quick thinking than the others, make off with a number of prisoners before the battle ends. Among those taken is Tagga. Her sister. She loses track of them in the chaos, and though they certainly talk when she finds them, but the trail goes cold.

Dead cold.

Shella remembers the pain of the oath-marks branded upon her tusks. It was done with the Gods fire, they said-seared onto your soul. It was unbelievably agonizing-many Orcs died during the ceremony, their will proven too weak to uphold the task they would take upon themselves.

Shella did it twice.

An oath to save her sister, no matter the cost. And an Oath to kill the traitor. Her life has been subsumed in vengeance ever since.

Action: Shella goes to track down the High Elf Merchant in camp with knowledge of her sisters whereabouts. Try not to alert anyone not already alerted.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:48:13 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 25, 2013, 11:13:33 pm »

"And, It's time we part ways. I've honored my oath and lead you here, but I've got some business to attend to otherwise. I suggest you all escape while you can-if I can catch up I might, but don't count on it. Eisen can explain, but for now it's best left to the winds. Farewell...my friends."
((Will be updating later on @subquest))

"Woah, woah, hold on." Gurrath said, "You're turning away this opportunity to. . .leave? In the heart of a bandit camp? Who I've to mention were hostile to us if it were not for our disguises and your cunning? What's so important that someone else has to explain it for you, eh? Don't leave us just yet."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2013, 11:32:40 pm »

Shella knows she shouldn't, but she slows a half step and talks back to him quietly.

"...I'm looking for someone important to me-my sister. She was taken from me many years ago. A man in this camp has information I need to find her. This was the real reason I came here-I've been looking for a long time, and I can't stop for anything-or anyone.

You must now, I've known he was here, working with these people for awhile now. I knew when they were planning the heist. I did what I had to do to make sure I was assigned to this job and our group. I needed help getting close to the camp-and, we've accomplished our mutual goals. So, I hope you'll understand why I have to do this."

She continues forward.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2013, 08:24:34 am »

Eisen is left momentarily surprised with the surge of activity, turning back to stare at the tent they just left and at the figure. "Well, I didn't expect that. We were attacked by something animated or created by magical means, apparently." he answers Gurrath, noticing both that Shella wants to break off and go on her own way and that Rhea seems to be shouting something. "...I'll go see what exactly is the matter."

Move to Rhea to check what exactly is the message she wants to give.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22