Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86772 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 2: By the Wayside
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2012, 03:16:37 pm »

((Do the waitlisters get a live feed from the amulets? As in, do they see everything the away team sees involuntarily?))

The rat hunt was a useful activity, even if it lacked the colony-level importance of the travelers' task. However, even this task had its interesting distractions, such as the amulet. Krikt appreciated the information from the amulet. It gave a pleasant feeling of oneness that she savored quite a bit. In fact, she couldn't help but send a message to the team when she witnessed the odd communication of the human females:

"This is Krikt. The humans are strange. Advise extreme caution or immediate extermination and recycling."

The recycling part was especially important, she felt. Human warfare was so wasteful - so many bones left on fields and so much flesh left uneaten. An absolute shame, that, and a tactical error as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:18:57 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »

((Do the waitlisters get a live feed from the amulets? As in, do they see everything the away team sees involuntarily?))
((Ayup! Think of it as looking in your minute scrying glass. Concave//Convex, how you see it.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2012, 03:40:11 pm »

"I have some minor skill with divination," Sal'savira answered, curious about the woman's strange feelings. "Or perhaps you mean this?"

She leaned forward on her horse to show her mark.

Talk, show Mark.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2012, 12:37:05 am »

Eisen put a finger to his chin, half of his hand disappearing into the darkness proportioned by the hood. "The Marks capitalizes on our affinities and grants us power."

He stared at Sal-savira.
"They are a bit far and may not see it. They apparently only know people like us by the name of 'mages', I believe. Also, even the idea of revealing the mark may be wronged."

Eisen felt as if he shouldn't have made much effort before the departure. Now he was mentally tired and his mind wasn't working properly as he tried to think about the situation and cope with once again seeing the outside world.
"And that area seems to match the Seneschal's description on the area the bandits have taken hold of."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:41 am »

((Double post and bump! Actions please. :P

Also, why u no talk? It makes kitty sad.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 03:27:26 am »

"I'm going to check around." Shella announced, hieing her horse into a trot.

Action: Look for what was disturbing the wheat
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2012, 10:08:33 am »

((Oh, sorry, I didn't think you required an action from me now. It's a pretty stupid thought now that I think about it.))

'My, you're cagey, aren't you?' Ecidona saId, more to herself than anyone else. She noticed the others' showing their marks and turned her hand around to show her palm.

Show the Mark alongside the others
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 03:18:31 pm »

Gurrath sighs, and decides that if the orc's going to be poking around in the wheat, he might as well join her, make sure that no-one gets the jump on her.
"Yes, we all have a mark, thats pretty much it though."
Look around with Shella.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 3: Sharing
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 08:27:02 am »

-Turn 3: Sharing-

"Not mages? Well, that's disappointing." The woman replied, before tapping the shoulder of her companion. "She doesn't speak much, incredibly shy, but she's a good listener."

"I have some minor skill with divination," Sal'savira answered, curious about the woman's strange feelings. "So I could relate. Or by your definition of mages, perhaps you mean this?" She leaned forward on her horse to show her mark.

The pair approached the party with hesitation, curious as why they were holding out their hands, or talons, as was the case.

The older woman moves close with a smile on her face, but after taking a quick look at the signs, looks at you in the eye with apparent fear on her face. "This is not good. They can see. You're outnumbered. Run. Now."

Meanwhile, at the rear end of the group, Shella and Gurrath urge their horses off to the nearer side, poking through the wheat. While most of what they see is hindered by the wooden fence blocking the path, a glint somewhere to their left catches Shella's eye. Nudging Gurrath, the pair dismount and cross the fence, sifting through the wheat while keeping their weapons close at bay.

A few steps into field and the source of the light becomes more distinct, hardening into the shape of an arrowhead poking out from the thick screen of plant life. The wielder isn't visible, but his voice -- their voices can be heard all too clearly, similar to young men, low in pitch and deep in tone. Gruff, yet cultured.

[6]

"This is stupid! Just shoot her now where she stands and let's end it!"

"Don't be daft. Just let these people pass, they aren't the mages we're looking for. Let's not spend our valuables this early."

"You have got to be joking me."

"Joking what?"

"What you said right th- look, nevermind. Let's just let these people pass."

"Hold it, she's signalling to us. They...aren't not mages?"

"Err, then that's a 'yes - we attack', or a 'yes - we need more men'?"

Gurrath steps on a dry twig. Its cries of pain and agony are heard all around as its body splits in twain.

"I don't think it's a signal to us. I think it's a signal that says 'yes, we've got people eavesdropping on us.'"

You can see the arrowhead being drawn back, and hear the subtle sound of a weapon unsheathed.

[6 > 5]

Which is only stopped by the sound of someone being hit on the back of the head.

"What do you think you're doin'? It's just that strange cloaked person's horse, all nervous and strutty. Erm, keep that blade drawn anyway. D' you think it saw us?"

"We're seven people. They're surrounded. Those things can't smell us or see us thanks to the wind. Just- wait, she's speaking silently. That's it, signal the rest, we're killing the lot."

Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes - Updated (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:27:50 pm by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 09:30:53 am »

Shella crept forward, ready to end another pair of lives in service of her oath. She nodded to Gurrath to move alongside each other-he would skewer anyone who got close, she'd shoot anyone who didn't.

Action: Ambush the skulkers through the wheat with Gurrath, firing at Voice #2 from within his spear range.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:03:52 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 09:48:54 am »

Gurrath nods, understanding Shella's intent. Preparing to kill the skulkers, while moving in line with Shella he prepares to strike.

Dual ambush, precision striking Voice #2.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2012, 07:09:02 am »

Sal'savira cawed loudly. It was unlike her- unusually bold, and unusually warlike- but it was what she felt like doing at the moment.

Hopping off her horse and drawing her spear, she began gazing around for her attackers. This was what they were here for, after all. The things she was seeking were near.

Dismount, ready weapon, search for bandits.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2012, 07:34:41 am »

Alarmed, Ecidona's grip tightened around the reins of her horse. She looked at the others, but to her surprise they didn't seem at all concerned about their chances, calmly moving and grasping weapons. Figures - she was probably the only one in the group with no real fighting experience. The bandits' words heard through the amulets intrigued her but she put the matter away for now, and dropped down from the saddle. Breathing deep, she let the Silence come to her, and like fire dying from lack of air, her fears receded into the back of her mind.

Ecidona drops down, grasps her knife (somewhat unsure of what do do with it) and stays near the others
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2012, 10:15:45 am »

Listening to the woman's warning, Eisen deftly stood up on the saddle of his horse, taking out his longbow and notching an arrow towards the area the attackers were located. "As it was said, showing the Mark to outsiders is dangerous. They either covet our power or want us dead...Let's see if they have the means to do so."

Prepare an arrow and shoot the first attacker to be seen.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 4: Telegraphed Ambush
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2012, 01:19:37 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

-Turn 4: Telegraphed Ambush-

From Shella and Gurrath's view

"I knew that chit was in league with the ring all along. First we start with our traitor. Remember yer training, aim for the lower body so they can't run."
"Alright- Did you hear that?"
"Stop listening to your equinophobia!"
"No, it's coming from behind us!"

Through the walls of wheat, Shella and Gurrath made their way. It was hard to not make a noise however, as there were many more of the dry twig's friends and family that they had to fight through to reach their goal. It was like some bird was gathering them for its nest! When the massacre was finished, they see two men clad in brown cloaks with leather armor, one holding a spear and the other with a shortbow.

"They were behind us all along?!"
"I did tell you there were only three horses..."

Gurrath was the first into the fray, aiming his spear for the bowman's neck while Shella backed him up with a twang from her slurbow, both strikes barely hitting their targets due to the thickness of the wheat. The second bandit is quick enough to fire his arrow in reply, but it glances harmlessly off the side of Gurrath's chainmail.

The counter attack wasn't as fortunate either, the spearman could only scratch Shella by the arm with the tip of his spear, just to avoid another close ranged bolt from striking him. The bowman was taken by surprise, jumping backwards to fully use his sword, only to be skewered in the chest by Gurrath. He drops his weapons and muttering a faint curse before falling limp.

The other bandit takes a step back before shouting to the winds a short order. "Gerrick, run!"

The remaining bandit turns to face both of you, holding his spear with a scowl on his face, gripping it tensely as his eyes shift from weapon to weapon.

"You'll never take me alive!"

Spoiler: Left Side Ambushers (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile on the road...

A cry comes forth from your right, opposite to where Shella and Gurrath went. Four bandits armed with rudimentary weapons - handaxes, daggers and spears - come from their hiding places, yelling at the top of their lungs and causing a flock of birds to alight from the fields.

The women fall back behind the rest of you, with the older one drawing a dagger from beneath her boot.

"I'm Syra and this is Rhea, I think I've forgotten to introduce us. It's nice to meet you all."
"I do not like introductions when we're being attacked, for the record."

With a nod of acknowledgement, the four combatants formed a close line and readied themselves for the attack, with Eisen being the only mounted combatant. The approach is swift, and the element of surprise carries only as far as the two forces reach each other in the melee.

Ecidona was the first to act, parrying a strike from the axeman while giving him a sharp cut by the arm along with a swipe from her fist, sending the bandit off balance before another attack - parried to only a glancing strike.

Sal'savira held her stance, waiting for the next bandit to try and attack her as the party formed a pseudo-phalanx formation, striking true upon the spearman's approach. After a couple of returning jabs and feints, he finds his mark by cutting her in the side of her stomach, his spear only missing the vitals by her armor.

Eisen used the terrain to his advantage, spurning his horse forward while firing from his bow. The arrow whizzed past one of the bandits until the foxman was upon him, bashing his head with the bottom of his bow and pulling on the reins, exposing the underbelly of his horse before its hooves came crashing down on the poor thief. The sound of shattering bones echo from underneath, until he draws another arrow and plunges it into his chest as the man staggers from the strike. The arrow embeds itself in the body, stopping all motion from its victim.

Spoiler: Right Side Ambushers (click to show/hide)

The party's defense works out perfectly, or as perfect as can be, with none of the group sustaining any lasting damage but stylish cuts in their armor, or grazing wounds. You see the bandits' expressions falter in their confidence, as if they expected easier prey than that. In the distance, farther up the road, you can see a man with a sword, dressed in the same brownish garb as the ones before you, running away towards the forested area ahead.

Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes - Updated (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:28:56 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22