Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86228 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams: An RTD Adventure
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 09:28:34 am »

Spoiler: Ecidona sel-Mhrabann (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:09:37 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 09:33:36 am »

I have an idea for a character, so sure, I'll submit a sheet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 02:30:05 pm »

Oh, why not. I'll throw in my character idea as well:
Spoiler: Krikt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:27:10 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 03:04:35 pm »

Done.

Spoiler: Systar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:32:14 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 04:51:25 pm »

Spoiler: Alexander Kyrby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:11:17 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 09:15:52 am »

Oh wow. I never expected this much. O_o

Anyway, I've edited part of the OP for clarity. The third skill will be rolled for, and the second is...in the works. PM, perhaps to fix or adjust. The skill on your inventory will work as:
1-2 = weapon
3-4 = armor
5-6 = Trinket
With the bonus being according to how the item is related to your character/class.

@Toaster, you need three items.  :P
@Dwarmin: If you want to edit your second, please PM me.  :)
@ExKirby: You only get to pick the first skill.
@mesor: You have a bow...and claws? Also, mistakes in your bio. 'Fox'.

I've sent PMs for those who currently have a sheet [Look at the edit time and the time of this post to confirm]. Don't worry - the time limit is a long time away Because GM is panicking. :D

Also, changed the skill list. No percentile chances anymore [Silver Tongue/Mental Acuity].
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:40:29 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:22 am »

I'm fine with mine, Tiru. ^^
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 09:43:20 am »

Was in the process of PM'ing a general idea, then realized that my viewpoint is different from any of yours.

Instead, could those who have their sheets finished PM me a general idea of how they want their second, innate skill to be like? That would help a lot.

Thank you.  :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:18:40 am by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 11:51:28 am »

Oh, it has to be three exactly?  I was fine with two, but I'll add in a third.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 05:10:56 am »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 11:45:34 pm »

I'm tempted to sign up to support your game, and it looks intesting and like you've put a lot of effort in. But I'm not sure I have the time right now though. I'll be watching for sure though. :)
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 12:18:50 pm »

"In time we learn that there is always hope. Hope to prevail; to succeed. Every action has a reason. History is filled with these facts."

You ponder on the idea of freedom as your footsteps echo through the marble halls, a freedom to show your potential to the world at large. The sunlight mimics your thoughts, shifting and waving on the granite floor, giving a semblance of peace and tranquility - almost making you forget what would lie ahead, until the shade shows you the path.

Soon enough, you enter the confines of an enormous hall which is flanked by large, detailed suits of armor and supported by curved spires. Lit by the natural lighting and burning torches, florid tapestries covered the walls, adjacent to stained glass windows bearing the elemental signs. A simple chest lies at your end of the hall, opposite the open entrance. The floor bears a concentric circle, filled with curving lines and arching bends. At the middle of the hall are the rest of your allies - people of varying races and ages, each with differing characteristics but no doubt gathered for the same purpose.

Moments pass in silence until you hear a different voice come from the entrance of the hall - in between the open doors, a tall man stands. Clad in a grey tunic and cloaked in white cloth, in his hands lay a single scroll.

"All gathered and ready, I see."

He smiles as he strides towards you. "I am the Seneschal of the Bastion - our leader is occupied at the moment and has entrusted me with directing our first batch of 'graduates', as he likes to call it. While you may have heard of our history and how our forces are spread wide across the land, you are specially picked for your purpose. A group force, instead of a pair or single man entity. A banner of hope for our world, I can only guess. Men and women gathered from most of the sentient races in the world, and brought under one cause.

"Now, most of what you know is only a minute fragment of what goes on in the world and danger lurks even in the safest of places, to repeat common warning. But I may be going ahead of myself, a moment must be taken. Only five will exit these halls at the time being, and their names have been chosen."

The scroll is unraveled and the names are read out.

Quote from: The List
Shella Gavuatu[1]
Gurrath Halsen [2]
Eisen Narthale[4]
Ecidona sel-Mhrabann[5]
Sal'savira[6]

"Those mentioned are to comprise our first group. While you may converse amongst yourselves, I'd be happy to handle any questions before I brief you of what you would be facing."

His smile doesn't waver as he looks at each of you, as if studying your very existence by his warm gaze.

((Everyone is present at this point, but after this the chapter officially starts with the five selected. The third skills for the rest will be PM'ed or edited into the Characters post after this because of personal time constraints.))

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:25:07 am by Tiruin »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams: Introductions
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 12:59:35 pm »

((So, who's on next in case anyone perishes?))

Krikt pokes the people in the room with her jaws and antennae to better acquaint herself with their bodily proportions, starting with Sal'savira, the oddest one from the away team.

They seem quite alright, if a bit strange. Standoffish, maybe. Not one with the group. Then again, there is no group - not yet. No bond has formed, no hands are joined, no minds are united. Least of all with her. However, they may become proper yet. Be like the hive. Lose their selves, but gain more in return. Sacrifice freedom for meaning. A worthy sacrifice, and one that Krikt herself hopes to be able to make one day.

After musing for a moment, she moves where all can hear her and focuses her will to speak these words:

"Be as one, you who are chosen. Be proper. Be worthy."

Having said everything she wanted, Krikt proceeds to begin searching the room for bits and pieces of loose matter to potentially use later. It was a compulsion of sorts for her.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:15:22 pm by Harry Baldman »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 01:15:16 pm »

Shella was beginning to regret this. Pomp and circumstance. She leaned against the wall, arms crossed defiantly, hat shrouding her features.

She really wasn't interested in a Grand Crusade to save the world-only the small part of it that mattered to her. Tagga was still out there-somewhere. The traitor was still out there. So many times, how close had she been? Only for...fate...to spirit opportunity away again. She had not lost Hope of rescuing Tagga...or repaying the traitor...but she had lost Hope for herself.

Would her sister even recognize the person she had become?

...The mark, she had honestly never wondered about. It was a Gods mark, but that was not uncommon among her people. When she met these strange people, they had said it was special...that she had been marked for something. She had slowly come to the decision, that her quest was somehow tied to it.

In Shellas mind, the Gods were keeping her from completing her Oaths. If they required some quest-some vague prophecy fulfilled-it was just another thing she had to do. Another...delay. Delays. Every minute a delay. One minute more torment her sister endured, one minute closer to death. One more minute the Traitor lived, gloated.

Every minute was agony-and she wondered why she was wasting her time here.

Survival, of course. The Mark was considered special. She had no doubt they would have hunted her down if she had refused-them, or others. Apparently there was some sort of Cult that went around forcibly removing them from their owners, for some reason.

So, Shella would learn to use this power, if power it was-or get rid of it, spitting in the face of the Gods. Or die trying, the most common disclaimer.

There was nothing else to be done about it.

Nothing at all.

Shella had learned one thing already about the mark. It gave one a certain...sixth sense about people. She felt each person was unique, but the balance was off. It was a balance she felt oddly comfortable with.

Almost imperceptibly, she nodded to the Crow-Woman. The Malkavian. It was only partially friendly, more a grudging respect. Shella sensed the soul of one who was like her. A Dark soul-but by fates design, not by choice.

Being poked by an oversized insect was not her idea of friendly camaraderie. She edged away as it approached her.

"...I suppose someone should start the proper introductions...I am Shella of Clan Gavuatu." She said, taking off her hat and looking them all in the eye-the Orcish way.

To her surprise, there was little fear in them. Perhaps this group was made of sterner stuff than she had thought.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 01:52:06 pm »

Systar shrugged.  No real surprise they didn't want him- as far as he knew he had been here the shortest amount of time.  This was all strange and new to him, anyway- one minute he's wandering the streets and next he's some sort of "chosen one."  He really didn't understand most of what they were going on about, but he was interested in going out into the wilderness.

He'd just hang around here, learning what he could, until he was needed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22