Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86804 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 10: Knowledge is Power
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2012, 08:50:18 pm »

((I take it you are all for regrouping and nothing else?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:20 pm »

((Yes, regroup.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2012, 08:48:54 am »

((Yah, nothing special.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 11: The Enemy of my Enemy...
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2012, 05:33:15 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

-Turn 11: The Enemy of my Enemy...-

You hear the footsteps of the bowmen slowly fade into silence as you make your way to Shella's position, confident in your purpose. You have gotten this far without any major mistakes, and you won't be giving it up now. Looking at your cargo, they seem compliant in staying in their inert state, uncomplaining and seemingly, defeated.

Your horses flank Shella as you gaze at the sight you had witnessed earlier, the very details she pointed out, yet now in clear view emphasized by the lighting around you.

{1 > 1}

As you decide on the plan of attack, the center-most pavilion of the camp lights up in a garish blue for a few seconds, lighting the whole camp and its surrounding perimeter until the skyline, stretching farther and farther until your position, stopped only by the thick veil of trees. Its brightness illuminates the area before fading to the faint azure of the skies above. You can make out seven faint silhouettes by the shadows cast against the canvas walls, seemingly arrayed in a concentric pattern judging by the distance. Faint images of what seem to be pagan runes or at least some kind of writing system flash in the corners of your vision as an afterimage as the light recedes.

If there was any commotion or natural reaction by the inhabitants of the camp or the surrounding areas, none were sighted or seen except for the indistinct scent of candlewax and herbal fragrances now pervading the atmosphere.

The sound of a falling body in the hard mud alerts those with keen hearing, and you discover that one of your captives has fallen, his bound face relaxed and staring into the skies above.

You can hear the muffled cries of the others in their restraints, intoning a feeling of fear or shock. However, you also sense a certain tension...within the camp, and feel your strength wane for a moment before returning.

Spoiler: Captives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loot Gathered (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Erstwhile...

The night was calm, silent and serene - foggy, but peaceful in Luna's wake. The occasional bang of a window shutter or the creaking of lantern hinges echoed through the empty streets, marking out the only sounds of life. Closed merchant stalls and woodwork containers dotted the sides of the road, casting lurid shadows in the figures of twisted apparitions under the fiery shades of the night lights, creating a moderately 'pleasing' aesthetic view as you convene for the rat hunt.

Hours pass as you wait upon the Seneschal in a shady location directly above and adjacent to a tavern cellar and a catacomb passage in the town surrounding the Bastion. Soon enough, you hear a dog barking in the distance. Along the cobbled road and past the well and tri-junction, a large, dark greyhound approached, closely followed by a tall man in field plate, bearing the symbol of the Bastion on his chestpiece. At his side hanging by a leather baldric, was a sheathed long sword along with a leather-bound tome hanging by a chain to his belt. The duo stop mere feet from the group.

"I believe you're the group I've been sent to organize. Are you all ready to purge these blighters from our land?" he says, getting a lantern from the roadside. "I figure you're all waiting for some action-but also a few lessons to learn.

"You are those he talked about, aye?"

((For those who post here, will be in this sub-quest. For those who don't, don't worry :P Current mission players cannot post in relation to this.

Your sheets are located on the Waitlist - First Page.))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:46:45 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 11: The Enemy of my Enemy...
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2012, 06:51:35 am »

((ALSO, any criticism? What seems missing and all would be a nice help...))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2012, 07:08:10 am »

Magic. Ecidona could taste it, a cold, metallic tinge in the air. Her gaze was drawn to the center pavilion - she could practically see the residue magical energy in the air. It was time to make herself usel.

'Stay close to me,' Ecidona said, and embraced the Silence.

Use my powers, create a magic-resitant/blanking field around me
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2012, 08:47:05 am »

"I suppose you all also felt that. The question is whether they discovered us or if that happened by chance only."

His gaze shifts to the bound men, but he shakes his head.

"We could ask our captives about it, but the risk they may start shouting or otherwise attract the enemies' attention is too high. Do you know anything about this, Syra?"

Get off the horse and start to move into the camp through the path of the rocks Shella previously pointed out.

Eisen sighs as he starts to advance to check on matters.
"Although I doubt we should linger much longer here."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2012, 08:54:38 am »

Syra's ward held onto her guardian, afraid. Syra herself stood close to the group.

"I...really know nothing about any of this. If I did, I'd have led you all into a trap, right? But...this doesn't feel good."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:53 am »

At the man's approach, Krikt felt a familiar need resurface - the need to exterminate. A great discomfort washes over her insect mind as she fights to repress the urge.

He is near. He does not belong. Why is neither he nor his creature companion dead yet? It would be so simple. Extend jaws, snap. The stranger would perish quickly and his remains would be repurposed for the good of all. So why...

Krikt stops herself from these thoughts. She is not in the hive. She is outside. He is not a threat. The keepers did not teach her to behave like this.

She repeats the mantra of the keepers to keep herself docile.

The self is nothing. The group is all. The group shall deliver.

Follow the group and she shall be delivered. Best remain silent and allow the leaders to act.

Wait for someone of the group to speak up.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2012, 01:57:57 pm »

As a rule, Shella tended to dislike things she knew nothing about. Too many risks meant eventually your luck run out...There was no time for many questions, though. She had seen the tent during the flash. She was sure that was the right one.

After the questioning, Shella motioned for the others to move forward quietly as she picked a path for them through the traps, alarms and patrols-keeping Ecidona in the center of them. She would need help moving and concentrating on a spell at the same time, one that could hopefully offer them some protection-from whatever they were going to face...

Action: Dismount and lead the group in infiltrating the camp-stay close to Ecidona and make sure she can keep her shield up over the team, while keeping her undetected.
Edit: Wait till Sal'salvira is done with questions to move
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:11:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2012, 04:59:53 am »

((Bump? O_o))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2012, 05:47:59 am »

((No real criticism.))

Sal'savira tilted her head. That was not good.

"Captives should know of this; if not, it means something strange has happened.

You," she said, removing one's gag. "What is the meaning of this?"

Degag and interrogate a captive.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2012, 06:21:53 am »

Degag and interrogate a captive. {5 > 2}
((All those 5s...))

Turn 11b: Interrogation.

"Did it have to be that tight?" Dweonir said as the Malkaven loosened the cloth. "Well, don't bother asking anyone else here, I was joking!"

"What I know, is that our contractor - don't ask again, yes we were hired by him - some kind of knife-ears merchant with a penchant for exotic deals and a hand at transporting goods over large distances very easily. I'd not want to reiterate what was said: our people are dying and we need mages for aid due to the strange ...strangely the other scouting groups found them, I think. Not sure how...or we'd know, I...guess." he gestured with his eyes at the tents surrounding the center. "I think they're working on a healing spell. As for anything else...I truly have no idea. Those tents surrounding it, hold our wounded, dying and- dead..."

He sighs before gripping the gag with his teeth, looking at you with a sneer. "R'yoo gnna silensh ee' aghen?"

Spoiler: Fun Fact (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:47:43 pm by Tiruin »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2012, 07:06:57 am »

Gurrath readies his spear, face settling into a frown. Nodding to the others, he dismounts his horse, and prepares to sneak, saying a small prayer to whatever gods are out there.

Infiltrate the camp with the group, protecting Ecidona
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2012, 07:35:20 am »

Offer my hand to shake.
"I am one of the group yes, how many of these blighters do I need to kill?"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:37:30 am by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22