Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86207 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 11: The Enemy of my Enemy...
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2012, 07:36:43 am »

Shella heard as the results of the interrogation were passed on. So he was there...this was going to get tricky...but if most of the camp was down for the count, it would explain the lax patrols. They had to hurry now, yes.

She turned her head, then, hearing Gurrath praying.

"I hope your Gods are listening to you, friend, because mine stopped years ago." Shella said thought the amulet after he was done, smiling to herself.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:38:49 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2012, 11:48:18 am »

"Aye, now lets hurry and get this damned thing over with, there are some taverns somewhere with good ale calling for me, and women to chase after."

Trent said as he scratched at the rugged beard on his face, and a rather grim expression on his face at the though of missing a chance to drink.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2012, 03:52:01 pm »

Terys nods then takes his unstrung bow from the ground. He looks over it for a moment before stringing it and smiling.
"Yeah. Where do we start?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 12: The Enemy of my Enemy...
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2012, 04:25:47 pm »

((Will be updating later on...Sorry for the delays.))

Edit: Addendum: GM has fallen ill as of the post and before that. Symptoms have only recently manifested.

We apologize for this inconvenience.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:02:55 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2012, 05:12:39 am »

(A few items.

1. Whatever bug it is you caught, get well soon, Tiruin.
2. Bump off of the... fourth page, I think it was.
3. Behold the only fire-type character... :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4. Is it just me or have only four people (Harry, mesor, adwarf, Spinal) jumped on the subquest?  If that means there's still a fifth spot open and I'm allowed to, I'm taking it because all you guys are too lazy and didn't do so in the past six days. :P)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:38:07 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 12: Under Twilit Skies
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2012, 04:27:27 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

-Turn 12: Under Twilit Skies-

[1]
[Average Infiltration Roll: 3+1]

Anti-magic Field continuing for three more turns.

With a quiet murmur of agreement, the group dismounted and readied their weapons, moving right next to the rock wall at the base of the hill, pressing close to it while keeping watch over each other.

A quick glance, and a silent nod: this was it, the time of reckoning, their first official mission drawing to a close with victory right in their sights.

'Stay close to me.'

The blanking field has been activated! Magical powers and environmental effects have weakened use outside of party control!

Ecidona clasped one of the many amulets hung around her neck and began incanting the words taught by the Sisters.

As if the silhouettes of the forest couldn't grow any more evident, the same would be said of the group's outline. A thin veil of shimmering, translucent weave hovered above each one of the party's skin and the ground under and around them, forming a certain figure between each member, and quickly taking the shape of the character before fading back into nothingness seconds after. As you look back up to scale the wall, you could see Syra bidding you good luck before attending to the bandits.

Up and over the hard wall, the party moved from tent to tent, utilizing the effect of Ecidona's spell as they moved. Not one object on their persons could be heard clanking around, or even their footsteps on the rocky soil. A simple spell of warding, now a great advantage.

Nearer and nearer you get to the central tent. Sideward glances only earning you the ire of the burning torches, and the sign of emptiness in the camp where most other tents lie, speechless of any sound, hollow and bare. Your weapons feel out of place, as the feeling of loneliness creeps in. The pavilion emits the same light at frequent intervals counting about minutes in between, yet you feel no effect. The number of figures seem to have dropped, though, until only a handful remain, nearly indiscernible with the other objects in the tent: weapon racks, chairs, tables and what seemed to be a bookshelf. Tiny sticks resembling candles could also be seen past the other tents situated around it.

[Progress: 2]

Moving behind another low barricade of crates and a wheelbarrow, you can see the light shifting to an emerald green now, including faint cursing and angered words, similar to one speaking in a way which states disapproval. The tents surrounding the center do not indicate any movement, nor any of the surrounding sides.

It was like a grave, with the magic in the air emitting the odors one would expect in a grave.

((You are only a sprint away from the center, with the entrance turned opposite from your direction. You can only see vague figures in the tent, numbering at about ~6 or so.))

Spoiler: Captives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Group Loot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes. (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile...

The Knight looks you over one by one, nodding at the sight of the ant and the wolf, "He wasn't kidding when he said a motley crew. But what do you expect of rat hunters..." He shakes his head before gesturing, leading the way away from the center of the village and farther up the road out. You follow, some of you with curious expressions while the rest of boredom or blatant annoyance.

"Now let me be clear. When they mentioned rats, you expect the wee biters at about hand size that gnaw through the stores and granaries during harvest and winter, aye? Let me disappoint you." He shines his lantern up the path, now leading towards a hill where you see another light - and even more of your people. Others from the Bastion, where most are recognizable from earlier along with the new faces which turned up, most probably at the Seneschal's call.

"You are many!" the Knight says, standing at the crest of the hill and looking down at the gathered people. "Yet will you be enough? What we face is the dreaded ratling - a cross between vermin and thief, a plague on our land and our people. Diminutive in size with teeth that can penetrate armor and bone alike. And better yet, they know how to settle-"

He unsheathes his sword and points it at the other side of the hill. Those of curious mind follow the sword, moving up the hill to get a better glimpse to see a large chasm in the ground resembling a sewer entrance, skewed diagonally and bearing a broken, rusty grate along with a red symbol painted just above it.

"-beneath our very feet. I can swear, they know the place as if it was natural to them...Granted, all that's keeping us from an invasion is that symbol over there. But that's all just hearsay, I say."

~~~

[1]

The grate swings open with a tortured ringing of metal to reveal a gigantic chamber, and all at once the band of men, woman and animalfolk plunge into the depths below, their only lights being that of the moon, and those they brought with them, until they come across a large, hallow chamber.

Most of the chamber is shaped like a half-sphere, colored in greyish tones and covered with growing moss and scum, remnants of stagnant water dot the passages and crevices in the floor. Tree roots could be seen crawling along the cracked ceiling, which was mostly covered with flimsy webbing from spiders of an ancient time. Small crystalline patches cover the area, lighting up the place with their own bio-luminescence in a scintillating greenish blue.

"It looks like we're camping here. Designate a watch, we're to expect company soon. When you're ready...just tap that stone over there," the Knight says, gesturing towards a loose, raised block in the floor right in the junction of three other passages leading in the dark, obeying the cardinal directions from the South, being your entrance. "You can scout around, check the tunnels. Don't mind the infernal squeaking and tapping of metal around you, though. It's just the rats. And probably spiders. Or the crawlers...I forget."

As he speaks, you can hear the faint rumble of the ground and feel your bodies shift to the tremors. "Or probably stone worms...err, perhaps this was not the best idea of training for you lot. Though I need a majority vote on backing out. Do I hear any ayes?"

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:12:29 am by Tiruin »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2012, 04:38:16 pm »

Divide up the mob into those armed and those not, have those not stay at the back and only move forward to replace a dead man, they can use his weapon, follow Trent, draw my bow.

"So do you have any idea how many ratlings are down here
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:11:13 am by mesor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2012, 04:44:59 pm »

Backing out? What kind of minion would Krikt be if she would just back out? She is nothing if she cannot follow even the simplest of orders. Honestly, the very idea was absolutely asinine. The stone worms, though, they were new.

Krikt requires more information. She focuses her antennae and speaks:

"What are stone worms, stranger?"

They are probably an obstacle. Well, no matter. Obstacles are made to be overcome. Then recycled.

Get a feel for my teammates by poking them with my antennae and mandibles. Gauge their queen-like qualities.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2012, 05:00:13 pm »

"You fellows can bloody well back out if you want to, those of you with some guts can stay here and come with me. A few of us should head into the tunnels and see what we can find while the rest prepare for those that will attack us here as I'm sure these damn rats will."

Trent put on his helmet as he spoke, the black raven covering the front glistening slightly from the pool of light the group's various lights emitted, with that done he swung the upper haft of his axe onto his soldier and waited.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2012, 08:29:20 pm »

Eisen moved with his legs bent and his body low, in a half-crouch, ready to raise and sprint to take a better position at a moment's notice. His longbow was with him, an arrow notched and his eyes sharply scanning the nearby area for threats. They were almost there, and they had suffered little in the way of injuries so far.

He hoped nothing would go wrong. Success was near, and with it, victory. Even with Ecidona's magical field working, he preferred not to talk. Eisen was focused, and he transmitted his message through gestures: Keep going. When we get close enough, take them down and fulfill our objective.

Keep moving towards the center. If engaged in combat, prioritize getting some distance between the attacker and pincushioning him with arrows.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »

Royce adjusted his eyepatch and looked at the motley crew around him. One Water, three Airs, one Light, two Darks, one Earth, and I make one Fire. Still works like a charm, he thought, taking a moment to buff the nails of his right hand against his cape. "What, me worry? Pff, please. I've been swallowed whole and digested by dragons." Ah, the days of virgin sacrifices. Those are long past. "A few rats and stone worms aren't going to scare me." Even if I die, I'll just be right back again anyway. Although it'll be another fourteen or so years before I'm up to anything. Might be nice to be a woman again if that happens. Haven't been one in, oh, two hundred years, social customs have changed enough it might be interesting to give that a run. And I do miss wearing skirts quite a bit. On the other hand, nothing stopping me from wearing one right now. I should look into it, see if there's a good dressmaker around. Wish I still had the figure I had back at the end of the Age of Storms, that incarnation could really pull off any clothing I wanted... He sighed and looked around.

"Well, I volunteer for the scouting party. Sewers can be awfully fun if you're of the right inclination but I'm just not in the mood to be down here right now. Sooner we get this over with, the sooner I can go shopping," Royce said, putting a hand on the hilt of his sword. "Anyone else coming with, or shall I be entertaining only the rats and worms with my dazzling swordplay and witty one liners?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »

Shella grunted through the amulet.

Which was apparently an affirmative in Orcish.

Action: Continue moving toward the center with the others. If anyone gets close to discovering us, concentrate on a silent hand-to-hand takedown.[/b
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2012, 12:05:25 am »

Herys hissed slowly. To a normal person, it would sound like a snake. To anyone familiar with him, they would know that was how he sighed. He had expected an easy mission, at least at first. But no to that, soon as he starts looking for work, it's stone worms. Then he saw the man with the eyepatch.
What the hell's the wannabe pirate thinking?
He shrugged, habitually checked his bow, then walked up beside him, slinging the bow onto his back.
"I'm headin there too. Don't want this guy to take all the doubloons, or whatever it is he's after."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:17 am »

"You two, and anyone else can follow if they want, I'm off to finish this. I'd like to have some ale before tomorrow rolls around."

With that Trent turned, and began walking through one of the tunnels with his axe in hand.

Head off down one of the main tunnels

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2012, 03:13:03 am »

"You call yourself a knight, and you are backing out? I can feel them through my feet. They are not angry. That being said I shall follow Trent."

Kheir follows after Trent, in a fairly guarded stance.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22