Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 49301 times)

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 12: Under Twilit Skies
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »

((Sorry!))

Keep sneaking forward into the tent.
Logged
"Next, you're gonna wanna fuse the soul of a god with the devourer of time and space and cook it into a nice curry, which you'll find the instructions to in our previous video."
2,500+ chapters about slapping faces

Spinal_Taper

  • Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 12: Under Twilit Skies
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2012, 10:19:04 pm »

"Makes sense. Many more regular joes than Ryoros. Do you keep anything from your previous lives, other than memories? Like, skills for example?"
Logged

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 12: Under Twilit Skies
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2012, 10:29:03 pm »

Royce made a non-committal gesture with his left hand. "Depends on what they are. If I get shoved into a dragon next time, I'd have to learn how to fly all over again because it's been so long. I would learn how faster than a normal dragon because I'd have those subconscious tendencies to do things correctly, but I wouldn't actually 'know' what I was doing. Same with fighting. I don't have any formal training or skills, but I've trained this body to be good at it and I still have good instincts and reactions in battle. Sometimes, though, the skills I can remember aren't applicable with the current body I'm in. This skin can't color itself to match its surroundings, and it's not good for running quadrupedal herbivores down for lunch. It is good for having my way with lionesses, though." Although Royce's expression was deadly serious, there was the slightest hint of a smile in his voice that made it easy to believe he was joking... while still leaving open the possibility that he wasn't.
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

  • Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 12: Under Twilit Skies
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2012, 10:51:27 pm »

Herys hesitated a second.
Uh... I'm going to just say he was kiddin'
Then, he speeds into a light jog, catching up with Royce. However, now he is silent. Whether it's due to the lioness comment or because he ran out of things to say is a mystery.
Logged

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2012, 04:48:16 am »

(Twelve day 'does this only need a bump to get it off the fourth page or is it dead?' post. :P)
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Revived!
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2012, 04:51:33 am »


~Nine months later...
On the last day of the fourth week of August,
Saturn’s Day.


"Iacta alea est"

~~The Story Thus Far~~
Spoiler: Chapter I (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subquest (click to show/hide)


Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)



« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:12:19 pm by Tiruin »
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Revived!
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2013, 11:42:55 pm »


Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

-Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning-

[Average Infiltration Roll: 6+1]

Anti-magic Field continuing for Two more turns.

[Progress: 5. . .]

It was morning. The shades of night developed into light, joyous tones as the skies reflected the fiery colors of the day. However, in a secluded area of land far off from the main road, trouble was brewing. For a party of five, tension was in the air. Their chain of events led to this, and at this point nothing would stop them.

Keep moving towards the center.
If engaged in combat, prioritize getting some distance between the attacker and pincushioning him with arrows.
   Eisen nodded to the group, before moving forward in a crouch until he was close enough to view the entrance.

   The foxfolk was well aware of the dangers this presented. Being the first into the field usually meant being a priority target for any watchful foes, but he was fleet of foot, and his steps carried him soundlessly until he was about a few yards from the entrance. He signaled with his hands as he kept an arrow nocked to the bow, never leaving his gaze from the opening after surveying the area. 'Keep going. When we get close enough, take them down and fulfill our objective. The way is clear. '
Action: Continue moving toward the center with the others. If anyone gets close to discovering us, concentrate on a silent hand-to-hand takedown.
Move on, Silence on
Keep sneaking forward into the tent.
Continue moving.
   Shella replied in turn, moving up towards the entry, keeping a hand on her newly-found axe. The two could hear no movement coming from inside other than their own moving into position. Given the opportunity, she looked around.

   There was nothing else in the camp other than the usual structures: tents, torches, sacks--presumably carrying whatever rationed food or other utility supplies the owners had--as well as the conspicuous lack of people in the area. The whole field was like a depression in the land, with the central tent being the lowest point as everything around seemed to curve inward at a faint angle. Seeing that there was no immediate threat, she gestured at Ecidona to check the area for safe measure.

   Now, Ecidona was to be said to be a vital part of this mission as--not compared to the others, of course--all played a role. She was a Silent Sister, trained in the art of inhibiting negative energy and other un-theurgic notions, and though she held a candor reverie at the moment, she knew that she was afraid, and hid it as best as she could. She took a deep breath and focused on her studies, feeling her body and mind reach a degree of placidity as the Silence washed over her like intangible waves. She slowly approached the tent, and stopped at the entrance as she felt the subtle prickle of an unworldly presence: the feeling of uncertainty, fear and unbelonging. The intuitive feeling that something wrong was in the air. Her focus wavered, and she saw the others feel the same awareness she had moments ago.

   Granted, her temperament was all that was needed to stop the force from overwhelming her senses, as she was able to maintain her mental incantation. The atmosphere calmed for everyone else.
   "What is wrong?" Sal'savira asked in her quietest of tones. Ecidona replied with a shake of her head, and the Malkaven decided to answer her own curiosity. Her hands clenched, as far as 'hands' they were, and the knucklebones strapped to her talon-like fingers emitted a low, faint glow, reminiscent of the element of its owner years before. She felt a tap to her right, and saw Gurrath along with his spear pointed and angled at the entrance, which was covered only by that thin fabric we call as the 'flap'. He looked around and nodded at the Seeker, and together, they pulled it open.

   "Nobody."

   The inside of the tent looked larger than the outside, judging by Sal'savira's word as she stepped inside. Right in front of her-and supporting the entryway along with its covering-were two of the strange glowing staves seen earlier around the camp perimeter, marking the entryway. Up close, they resemble a torch with one of the luminescent vines wrapped around the tip, holding together its source of light and its base along with several notches on the right-hand stave. Farther onwards were various details and objects:

At the far end of the tent was a rack holding an ensemble of figurines ranging from the mundane human effigy to some of the stranger and rare creatures of the world--some of which bore multiple appendages and far too many 'heads' for a normal creature to have--as well as a small set of flasks, each with their own colored liquid, none of which were labeled or exhibiting a white or translucent appearance. Like a rainbow.

At the right hand side lay a stack of long, thin logs. Shaped much like the wider versions of the staves, most of them measure about ten feet in length. A pile of vines much like those you saw before lies on top of the stack, along with a few trinkets and coins of silver, gold, copper and emerald hue.

At the left was a collection of assorted books and torn pages, seemingly cut and wrenched from their holdings along with bundles and piles of 'assorted' scrolls forming a messy heap along with several knives and short swords. Fabric similar to the that which comprised the tent is seen covering most of the heap and folded just like clothes--neatly.

In the middle lay the most intriguing facet. A tiny, opalescent orb about one foot in diameter rests upon an improvised pedestal--a brazier--covered in violet silk judging by how the lighting indicates its smoothness. Around the brazier lay nothing else but ground, cleared of any items. Strangely, it is also clear of any people, too.

As you ponder upon this, a familiar voice makes itself noticed. "What's going on down there?" it says, sounding much like Rhea talking right next to you.

But she isn't nearby.



Spoiler: Captives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Group Loot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes. (click to show/hide)



Meanwhile...

"What are stone worms, stranger?"

"I'll take that as a nay, then? That is the colloquial term people use to describe them. Living worms living on stone." the man flips open the tome by his belt, "'sensitive to vibrations, very dense and in particular, lethal when felled upon any creature from a height.' as said here."

Krikt ponders the reply, and turns to the rest of you. In her mind, she senses no discernible qualities of a queen in the area, or any characteristics of such--pheromones, scents and other chemicals.

"You call yourself a knight, and you are backing out? I can feel them through my feet. They are not angry. That being said I shall follow Trent."
The man gives you an amused look, " A man who pledges service to his sovereign or lord. Generally, as a soldier. Whatever other characteristics you could give him is but a label, but to answer you, no. I am not backing out. I am just breaking the ice between you all--pretty silent, for a group of your size."

But he raises an eyebrow at your observation. "But I'll give you that, you're astute. Keep that mind open."

Spoiler: Scouting Party (click to show/hide)

"And it seems everyone shall say nay. Good job, fellows. Good job indeed. We head North, then. Better to stick together than fall apart, as they say."

[Random tunnel roll: 3 - North//Middle]

The group, lead by Trent and arbitrarily seconded by Royce headed down the northern passage after following the knight's orders on tapping the stone, passing numerous structures indicating the age of the place. Venerable roots snake their way along the passage, etching across the walls, ceiling and floor in such a way that without the crystalline growths strewn about, you could say that they were natural engravings. The passage winds and turns, going first to the right and off towards a steep left, following back towards the right again, and you see a subtle difference in the scenery.

The passage was no ordinary, natural earthway, but a transverse column of stone, naturally-hewn judging by how the environment meshed smoothly into the area, slowly becoming wider and wider since you first entered into the tunnel until it formed half the size of the chamber, still moving forward with only one way back. The ever-present root system gives mention to how easily anyone can get lost in the area, as though the passage was akin to a tube in particular, the roots made it seem more like a labyrinth at times.

[4,2,1 > 3]

Only the knight takes the time to glance back to check on everyone-sometimes grinning, sometimes whistling a somber tune. "Times like these where you appreciate the scenery, eh?"

He is answered by the general aye, until Royce trips on a root. He dives into a roll and saves his face from meeting the undignified greetings of the floor. Other than that commotion, no other feeling from the area in front of them was observed unless the miniature tremors felt every minute or so were considered, though the group generally senses a feeling of unease, echoed by the greyhound who happily trods near Royce.

"Strange. Nothing as of yet. No sight of them, nor sound of them. I'm pretty sure we'd have met a small group of them by now. Or even any of the subterranean dwellers, given this...lapse. Say, shall we set camp for the moment? Perhaps a refreshing nap would do for most of you. I'm pretty sure all the walking would do bad to those with a condition, hmm?"

At the end of the knight's words, the party stops. You find yourself in a chamber eerily similar to the first one--yet lacking the raised stone or level floor--but being divided into two portions: the area you stand on is elevated, smoothly carved out and descending forwards to a steep depression much like a cliff. Jagged rocks outline the opposite wall, while the cliff face beneath you exhibits a smoothened outline. At the bottom, as Royce sees, is a faint glimmer of blue, as if diluted in the air.

"Because if we're all ready, we could just go on ahead, down this crevice here. I've brought rope."


View your status here!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:41:03 pm by Tiruin »
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #217 on: August 25, 2013, 12:41:54 am »

(Wow, uh, didn't expect to see this in the New Replies page. ^^^; Um, let's see if I remember how to play Royce. Mind if I only put in the Subquest line when I officially post an action?)

Royce squatted by the edge and looked down. "Got something alive down there. Looks beholden to the water element," he laughed, petting the grayhound at his side. "So, what do the lot of you want to do, eh? Go down and see if it's friendly, take a nap, or go fishing?" He raised his eyebrows. "Because I could do with a little snack, that's all I'm saying. What about you, boy? In the mood for a little seafood?" he asked, scratching the dog behind its ears.
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2013, 02:02:27 am »

So it did pay off to keep bothering you about this. Lemme reread dese last pages.
Logged
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2013, 02:50:16 am »

Shella shook her head, staving off weariness. It had been a long, dark night...and though she was very tired, her quest was not yet done.

...

She didn't pause to ponder the voice-assuming it came from her elemental amulet or close enough.

"Rhea? We've found a cache of magical...ritual equipment. Flasks, trinkets, figurines, a strange orb. I'd just as soon set fire to all of it and cover our escape, but do you have any idea what any of it could be?"

If asked, Shella would describe the items in more detail.
Logged
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2013, 09:19:11 am »

Spoiler: @DH (click to show/hide)



"Rhea? We've found a cache of magical...ritual equipment. Flasks, trinkets, figurines, a strange orb. I'd just as soon set fire to all of it and cover our escape, but do you have any idea what any of it could be?"
[5]
"Erm, I'll ask."

You look into the amulet and see Deon's ungagged face. His reply is unheard, but all the same it comes through.

"Ok, Dweonir said that his friend said that he heard that all of those were related. Precautionary measures, and study-work they acquired on these sorts of things. He also said something like 'aknowmalee', and to be careful, and that he sends his regards. Um, that's all. Is that ok?

"Oh..and if you can, could you find something that belongs to me? It's small and green, and pretty. Thanks."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:41:22 pm by Tiruin »
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

freeformschooler

  • Bay Watcher
  • no longer relevant
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Revived!
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2013, 11:13:01 am »

Spoiler: GM Notes. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
i don't do anything around here anymore

Digital Hellhound

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2013, 11:36:41 am »

Try PMing him? It sends an email and found me back players who had left the forums.
Logged
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2013, 03:32:42 pm »

Eisen's legs bend slightly as he assumes a half-crouching stance, prepared to dodge and weave if needed. He glances intently at the pile of objects still, one hand tugging on the arrow positioned on his longbow's string and allowing its fingers to touch and dance around the projectile's end to keep him prepared and focused.

"All that remains is searching, I suppose." the young man says quietly, taking another look at the objects in search of both the artifact and "small, green thing" while keeping an ear out for any disturbances.

Search visually for the artifact, keep arrow notched and ready to be fired upon need.
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 13: A Scarlet Morning
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2013, 04:00:03 pm »

Shella nodded quietly, keeping an eye on the flap of the door. She positioned herself at the corner shadow, just out of easy eyeline.

Should some fool come in unawares, he probably wouldn't be in for a nice surprise.

Action: Hide if I can, and keep on eye on the door while the others search. If someone drops in for an unfriendly visit, knock em over the head from behind!
Logged
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22