Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86198 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 14b: Volition
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2013, 08:32:53 am »

'Is no-one interested on why this thing is here? No worries about all these bodies? Nothing?' Ecidona says, mostly to herself. She stares at the others for a moment and calls up the silence within her, forcing herself to calm down. What an adventure this was.

Follow Eisen to Rhea, fire up the ol' Silence field if there's any danger of magical attack.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2013, 10:18:49 am »

"I have no idea what happened myself." Eisen answers, glancing at Ecidona. "At the same time, I think this is a time for action rather than contemplation."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2013, 12:51:36 am »

"...I'm looking for someone important to me-my sister. She was taken from me many years ago. A man in this camp has information I need to find her. This was the real reason I came here-I've been looking for a long time, and I can't stop for anything-or anyone.

You must now, I've known he was here, working with these people for awhile now. I knew when they were planning the heist. I did what I had to do to make sure I was assigned to this job and our group. I needed help getting close to the camp-and, we've accomplished our mutual goals. So, I hope you'll understand why I have to do this."

Gurrath bit his lip.

"Alright, nothing intended, Shella, but aren't you overreacting a bit there? We were chosen at random for this, out of the many others as you saw, and there may be tens- hundreds even, of traders out there who use free trade regardless of moral inclinations. As a mercenary, I've seen them working everywhere. You need leads on this!"

He fumbles with his spear as he glances towards the tent they just exited.

"I'm all in for helping you and your sister, and I've no qualms of looting anything given the...atmosphere in this area, but you can't jump to conclusions like that. Ok, sure, we're all connected by groups and all, but if that man was here-erm.

"Shouldn't this place be more populated given the presence of a slave merchant?"

Check where Shella is going and watch for anyone else that isn't us, and the women.
[Paraphrasing this from the actions given and picked the one that isn't a free action]

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2013, 07:42:13 am »

Sal'savira tilted her head inquisitively at the leaving orc.

"Curious. I wonder if she'll find what she seeks."

She then turned back to Ecidona.

"Yes, very much so. The guardian I understand, at least a little; the bodies I wonder at. A visage of what's to come, perhaps? Or possibly of whence the guardian came?

Still, I suspect we should return with the orb. Or perhaps," she glanced back at Shella, "follow that one and assist with... unsavory things."

Just sort of follow the group.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:14 am »

"It's my life to know, Gurrath. Either he's here, or he was-I can only work on the information I was given."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn X: Comeback
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2013, 08:54:38 pm »

Happy 13th Month Anniversary!
In which a year and a month of time is reworded.

It’s been a year and a month from the start of this RTD, and through all out I could hardly believe how far we’ve gone. This doesn’t extend only in in-game matters, but on how…dedicated the players are. I’ve been willing to give up writing or hosting this story many, many times in the past yet this was assuaged by the constant support by most of you—via PM or IRC no less—that kept me going (9 months break! That’s longer than enough to create an 80 page buffer for a webcomic!)
   Sure, RL kicks in, yet in the past until now I’ve learned a lot to continue this, and realized where my interests were. Mistakes have been made, mostly off-thread, but currently things have been looking up and better.
   Writing these things are like a whole new world for me, having had little experience in this field of literature, and though quite fun I’d be proud to say that in the least-the concept that I’ve brought here still captures the interest of most of you all.

Turn update scheduled soon along with player PM and appropriate material. Thanks for continuing this with me despite the giant gaping error that..admittedly, most things I've had, and probably even others fall into. Time, and continuity. I will not let this occur again.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:56:35 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Dawn of a New Year | This ain't dead!
« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2014, 12:17:12 am »

[Yeah let's make this extra post-info space :)]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:32:35 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #262 on: April 01, 2014, 03:15:03 am »

I heard from a little birdy that this might be starting again? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2014, 03:16:42 am »

Spoiler: @^ (click to show/hide)

-Turn 15: Recovery-
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

Follow Eisen to Rhea, fire up the ol' Silence field if there's any danger of magical attack. {3}
Move to Rhea to check what exactly is the message she wants to give. [-]
Just sort of follow the group. [1]
[I've set up a decision maker with the 1d6. It goes: 1-3 first choice; 4-6 second choice. You got a 1]
With Eisen's last word, the foxfolk takes the lead and hops over the perimeter rocks, careful to avoid the entrances which Shella described earlier. Ecidona and Sal'savira follow with, with the latter feeling her energies drained-though still able to sustain the same field for about a couple of minutes or so later on, if need be. The Malkaven glances back at the tent and feels nothing in the air-hears no breach of passage, or any other attempt to escape. It seems that whatever attacked them in there is content to stay, in there.

The three of you reach Rhea, and find that she has ungagged the other bandits: all four of them, including the one who had collapsed earlier, are now huddled under a tree trunk-staring blankly back at you with grim expressions on their faces. She points in the direction where you have all come from, and goes over to fetch the horses, pressing a hand to her chest and covering her mouth as she stifles a cough.

You hear the hunting horn being blown again and again and turn to a noise nearby: Syra appears from the nearby thicket, nearly out of breath, "Morning has come. I've tried to stall them as best as I can. They'll be coming."

Judging the distance between the boundary and your current location, as well as local knowledge on terrain and trust on Syra's word, you have at most 2 turns to evacuate the area, if you so choose. You have a wary feeling about, and notice everyone else gathered, watching you.

Action: Shella goes to track down the High Elf Merchant in camp with knowledge of her sisters whereabouts. Try not to alert anyone not already alerted. [6]
Check where Shella is going and watch for anyone else that isn't us, and the women. [2] [Banter: 4]
[Paraphrasing this from the actions given and picked the one that isn't a free action]
Shella moves over to the cream-hued tent seen from her earlier scouting, which was mostly indistinct to a casual eye other then the different shades of cream used to decorate it and, readying her slurbow, rips open the flap just as Gurrath pokes his spear inside.
[Shifting to second-person perspective as Gurrath sees just as much as you]
You aim down the sight and see nobody in the general entrance who was ready to flee or attack any intruder, but a banner hanging to the far end of the tent of a simple, gilded crown circumscribed by a palatinate colored circle, frayed at the edges and ripped in the middle but altogether patched and well-worn. "Ubi bene ibi patria" are the words inscribed under the symbol. Moving forward and inside, you notice the complete absence of life or any sort of hostility towards your presence.

Stepping aside the entrance cover, you see the entirety of the room:

A few spears - pinions of different color and shafts of differing earthen shades - and ornaments stand on the left side, coupled with what seems to be an ornate tube pointing upwards and leaning against a rack, with designs of a prone dragon wrapping and entwining from the lower end that the upper end takes on its mouth. You notice a handle jutting out from the middle, and infer that as a shield, it would work quite well as a quarterstaff, though a fair bit long. A tiny stylized symbol of a bear is seen on the upper side of the tube.

A rectangular box lies in front - functioning as an improvised table - displays a set of wine bottles and empty flasks, as well as a silver set of cutlery and folded paper, as well as a map which looks much like Syra's map you've seen earlier, only with lacking blood and dirt covers the rest of the area away from the utensils.

To your right is a rolled up mat alongside a chest , with what appears to be a strong, grey lock holding the opening in place. Two handles rest on the lateral areas of the container, built for heavy carrying. There appears to be a lettering system inscribed on the handle, trailing around and behind the lid and over the outline in writing very familiar--but not exact to orcish texts. You recall a brief note in regard to the language systems of the different races in the world having common parallels, and remember the Dwarves and their script, though this could easily be mistaken for any shift in form or structuring.

"Eh? Look here," Gurrath says, handing over a note as you turn about, "'Return in the morning, rations and repairs are south' it says. Also that banner--strange to see the Aurelian Crown operate in such a remote place. Well, wherever we are anyway.

"I wonder if there are any other clues here: inventory, destination list...valuables, perhaps? Fancy place for a merchant, I do say. Your information seems really spot-on if this is the place."

Characters:
Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:16:40 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 01, 2014, 03:17:22 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile...

"Aes! Watch yourself," Trent said after finishing his prayer, watching over the others, "Follow Terys and carry the rope around your body, through the legs and move down sideways."
"Like this?"
"It'll hurt, yes, but you don't worry. Don't pay mind to the gravity, use your hands and be aware, I'll lead and spot."
. . .
"The kids are having fun, Kheir. What did you find?" Royce said from down below, staring at the crab as he held his sword to poke it. "Good work! Slow steps at first, just watch me and not the ground! You're just nervous! Relax!"
"A short passage on the methodology of the Arts. 'Ars Essentia' as a footnote, nothing much that we don't know." Kheir replied, flipping a page. "Though the next page doesn't connect. It's a fragment describing a culture of a people. Honor, values and such-I think this book is protected by some kind of ward or spell. Faint lettering on the corners, and pretty much indistinguishable lines for a whole other page. Followed by the same amalgam of virtues on another page. I figure an aenigma spell. And now a repeat of what I read earlier, for some reason. You?" "I'm not nervous. This is quite fun-it's just...n-nevermind."
"I found treasure. An argent diamond crab. I'm sure of this." Royce said, careful to lift his boots as the fish swam around and under the two people, feeling every touch of the cold water soak his feet as he angled the tip of his sword at the crab, "And here I thought these things were extinct by the age of the arts. Now c'mon and watch this. It seems to be useless in the water, just standing there as the fish go about, but watch its claw. "Alright, nice and easy-" It spreads it out first, then BAM. Shuts it as fast as you can blink, getting all the fish nearby to scatter and drop a few where they are. Now let's test it..." "-...This is not good."

The Trickster slowly bends down on his knees, holding his torch to the side as he angles the sword, seeing the crab cock its claw and strikes--at the same time the crab snaps it shut--getting the edge right under its belly and flipping it out of the water as a loud cracking noise comes from its location, sending a nearby fish flying along with it, and into Kheir's book.

"Hah! Got i-""Rockfall!"

The noise is softened by a much greater force, which booms from behind you all, followed by a strong tremor all around them--and for Kheir and Royce, can only turn to see Terys and Trent catch Aes as she falls onto them, with only seconds to spare until the collateral environment follows.

Miniturn: You only have seconds to act as your action.

This is purely for posterity, and not to be viewed by the people. ;P

Spoiler: Positioning (click to show/hide)

Characters:
Spoiler: Aes Nain ; Skyrunner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trent Alzar ; adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kheir ; Reudh (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:31:45 pm by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2014, 02:50:36 am »

Subquest
"Oh nononononono..."
Terys broke out running as soon as Aes hit his arms. When those rocks landed, he did not want to be anywhere near, and running, as usual, seemed to be the most direct route out of their way.
Run for safety, carry Aes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:53:29 am by Spinal_Taper »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2014, 07:06:16 am »

"Got it. And now it's time to skedaddle." Holding his prize crab triumphantly, Royce follows Terys in his run for safety. "And another thing I miss about being a bear right about now - four legs are a lot faster than two!" Death wasn't much of a deterrent for Royce, but he wanted to be part of this quest and see what happened. He didn't want to spend the next few years as a toddler again, at the very least. Not when this incarnation had at least four more good decades in it and interesting prospects ahead of it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2014, 07:30:15 am »

Well, what on Earth, Tir? I just asked yesterday if you planned to restart this game and now I see that you've done so ages ago! It's a happy surprise, but jeez.

I'll have to reread stuff before I can figure out my action, unless someone has a recap at hand.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2014, 08:27:14 am »

I think I said yes to that...I think.
Though I remember it wasn't direct.
Oops! :x

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.