Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 51345 times)

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 9: An Arrow's Point
« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2014, 05:56:54 pm »

"We should leave. And do so now. Call anyone who could end up being left behind." Eisen says as he quickly leaps to his horse's saddle, satisfied with once again being in his home field - riding.

The foxfolk pulls his bow out and notches an arrow. "How many of them coming our way and how many of them are close to us? Are they coming in mass or could we pick them off in case it's needed?" he also asks Syra, trying to figure out whether he'd be able to pin their foes for a few more seconds in case their escape is delayed for some reason.

Round out the rest of the group, finish any necessary unfinished business and generally prepare to escape the camp already.
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 9: An Arrow's Point
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2014, 11:20:20 pm »

"How many of them coming our way and how many of them are close to us? Are they coming in mass or could we pick them off in case it's needed?"

[Ask]
Syra takes a few moments before responding, gathering her breath, "I...I am unsure how many would decide to return, possibly Ursa and the rest as its their shift. Mounted, most likely-ah...possibly, twice your group? Unsure if they're close but they're all moving together. . But if you really wanted to, you could just tell them yourselves. I have no idea if they're coming for mass but I guess you could bless them? Deon looks a lot better.

"Though if you're going to fight, you'd better do it from high ground, or with long spears. Struthors are unkind in a straight up charge."


She looks around uneasily, with hints of worry apparent on her face, "Is Rhea alright? Did you heal her too?"


Edit: I do like how quoting you copies the title you...probably quoted that post from. :P
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:22:38 pm by Tiruin »
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams: Quoting A Post Also Quotes The Subject
« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2014, 11:26:58 pm »

"What, bless who, how and why?" Eisen's face quickly changes into a confused frown as Syra spouts a string of words he's unable to understand the meaning of. "And I'm not a healer of any kind. I can't heal Rhea, and I'm not sure any of my companions can. Is she wounded?"
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2014, 11:33:21 pm »

"Give me a moment so I can get what you said...Didn't you say something about them coming for mass?" Syra said, straightening out the creases in her sleeves, "And, I guess she's probably wounded. She's been coughing as of late and, well, has been feeling weak as far as I can tell. She wouldn't say much about it."
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Digital Hellhound

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #274 on: April 12, 2014, 06:00:49 am »

'I will see to Rhea when we are safe,' Ecidona said, heading for her horse. 'I'm no healer, but I may be able to tell what is wrong with her. There were books in the Repository, with, uh, very detailed illustrations.'

Not that she really remembered any of them, but it wouldn't hurt to calm her. She looked to Eisen, who seemed to know what he was doing. She kept her voice low, not wanting for all to hear. 'What do you intend with these people? We have the Orb - what else are we expected to do?'
Logged
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. íNo parmesan!

adwarf

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2014, 04:06:51 pm »

Subquest
"This is just bloody great, all we needed to make this that much better was a cliff face collapsing on us!"

Trent yelled as he turned and began sprinting down the tunnel.

Run away from the collapsing cliff face thing, really really quickly.
Logged

Skyrunner

  • Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:56 am »

I think I'm subquest
The last few moments were very confusing. She was going down the cliff, cautious but not very concerned, when suddenly rocks everywhere and tumbling and the feel of changing gravity and a sudden shock--

It's no wonder that she blacks out.


It's not too long before she returns, though. She lets herself be carried, silently swearing at the insidious rubble cliff. "Thank you," she manages, to Trent and Terys
Logged

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #277 on: April 23, 2014, 11:01:14 pm »

*boop!*
Update for subquesters later.
Caellath: DigitalHellhound wants to talk to you.
IronyOwl: We miss you! Please message soon. :)
Dwarmin: Hope your net stabilizes soon and sorry that you're too busy due to library net D:

...
Ochita: Glad to have you back, buddy. :)) Will be sending the relevant information soon. Apologies for delays. RL hasn't worked out well lately.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:28:38 pm by Tiruin »
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2014, 12:22:48 am »

Do note: I can't go on with the main quest if I'm missing some players ;D
Nobody's holding up the turn, people are busy :)





Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile...

[Environmental Response: 3,5,3]

"Rocks fall, everyone dies."

The adage which spelunkers and explorers hold dear to their hearts as they traverse the world and its hidden bounties echoes now in the cavern as if spoken by the rocks themselves; wherever there is earth, there is gravity. Wherever there is gravity, there may be accidents.

Seeing the oncoming danger, everyone below and their dog scramble for safety--though the environment impedes them. Footfalls splash around in the leg-high water, and the forces in the area prove too strong to allow any escape deeper within the passage.

Rocks fall, and yet there is life.

The land calms its uproar, and then there is silence, broken only by movement by your own. Aes is the first to stir, caught on the ground and nearly pinned by a boulder, she glances around.

Trent, Kheir and Royce are nearby, slumped or prone on the floor, having nearly escaped the rubble though not without any wounds, and over her was Terys, shielding her body and right against the boulder that would've crushed them, if not for the collateral damage that was done to itself, that is. What remained of the cliff face is unknown, but its remnants block any easy passage upwards. The faint light of the bio-luminescence from above streams through tiny crevices in the crevasse, and your torches only shine a way forward, into the darkness which now welcomes you with open hand.

Though you notice something-the flow of water still drips from above, flowing towards the site of impact. Its force has left a sizeable break in the earth that instead of the water pooling and flowing into where you planned to go, it flows back and downwards to where the rocks have landed.

And it continues flowing, as if whatever crater the rocks created couldn't be filled by how much water streams in.

Spoiler: Positioning (click to show/hide)

Aes examines her wounds, and finds herself unscathed. Trent, Royce and Kheir would find only light scratches and perhaps bruises on their body--Terys, however, would have a bad ache in his shoulder and a sharp pain in his side.

It seems the rocks have done much damage, though not enough to kill anyone.

The greyhound nudges Royce on his face before whimpering a bit-having escaped any damage due to chasing fish around.

Characters:
Spoiler: Aes Nain ; Skyrunner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trent Alzar ; adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kheir ; Reudh (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:33:20 am by Tiruin »
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2014, 06:03:52 am »

Royce groaned and grabbed the argent crab circling around his head. "I probably saved your life just now, least you can do is stick around you ungrateful crustacean," he muttered as he picked it up and got to his knees. "What are you doing glowing anyway, little buddy? Excited? I can agree. I've been in collapsing mineshafts before. Why, one time I was a dwarf and I worked for several years to hollow out part of a cave just so I could drop it and see what happened." Royce stowed the crab away for later reference and pet the dog.

"And you're a good boy, too. Smart one. That's why you're still alive." He scratched the mutt behind the ears and finally got to his feet, looking around. "You guys still alive, or am I the only one that made it out of that mess?"

Retrieve crab, talk to peeps, look around to see if there are any routes of egress.
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2014, 08:17:00 am »

"I'm alive as far as I can tell, don't see no endless hell for failing my duty so chances are everyone else here is alive as well, not to mention no proper dwarf is going to get killed by a cliff face like that collapsing."

Trent replied as he stalked forward a little ways examining the area they were in, it was a far cry from Shadewall that was for sure, but it felt nice to be back underground once again. Trent took a while to take in the atmosphere as he looked for anything of note.

Search the area for anything of note.
Logged

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2014, 11:19:30 pm »

And on this note I'd like to really thank those who send those PMs of keeping on. Thanks for standing with me in these...two years.
Also, remember that I am open to criticisms, pointers, or other suggestions. I really wish to make this RTD the best as possible for you guys and girls that I can, so don't hesitate to suggest anything!

...Two years, and we're still in Chapter one. Mm. One teensy part of a whole. If anyone needs any in-game information about the world, please do talk [preferably PM] about it and I will say what your characters know about the matter at hand.

-Tiruin
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:36:55 am by Tiruin »
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2014, 03:56:07 am »

((Whoops.))

"Yes, leaving now."

Flee with the group!
Logged
"Next, you're gonna wanna fuse the soul of a god with the devourer of time and space and cook it into a nice curry, which you'll find the instructions to in our previous video."
2,500+ chapters about slapping faces

Spinal_Taper

  • Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #283 on: April 28, 2014, 02:04:41 am »

"Yeah, no problem. As long as I don't have to do it again." Terys says to Aes. Then, when things calm down, he takes a seat on the cave floor. He leans backwards, hoping to stretch the pain in his side and shoulder out of his body. When Trent calls out, he yells back to him."We're fine over here, too, spirit guy. Just a little sore, that's it. Some light would be nice though. I got a torch, if someone else has something to light it."

After that, he flops onto the ground and closes his eyes.
"Huh! And I thought this was meant to be easy for us. I mean, barely a day into this, and I'm already stuck down in some damn cave."His eyes shoot open.
"Aggghhh. A caaaaaave.", he says, a whiny tone in his voice.

Pace.
Logged

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • Discovering the truth of this world
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #284 on: April 28, 2014, 02:19:47 am »

"Can't say I do, elf buddy," Royce responded. "So... what d'you suppose we should do now? We probably can't go back the way we came. Nothing wrong with some spelunking, anyway. Just have to get back in that dwarf mindset." Royce slapped his cheeks, then shook the hand that hit the metal plate covering part of his face. "...Forgot about that thing. Anyway. I got a glowing crab for light, so I'm good." The trickster looked at the glowing argent crab again.
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22