Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 86209 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2014, 10:06:50 am »

"I am fine, if a little shaken. The earth did not do this, I think. I hope."

Assist the search for anything useful.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2014, 12:19:33 pm »

((Thought I had posted a response.))

'What do you intend with these people? We have the Orb - what else are we expected to do?'

"We have what was asked of us so we return. As for Rhea and Syra," Eisen motions to the girls. "we should take them with us. Better than leaving them to the bandits."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 15: Recovery; Miniturn
« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2014, 03:28:33 am »

"I don't think glowing bugs count as light," said Aes. "Let me try... lighting this--" Aes attempts to set fire to the torch. Preferably the head of the torch. Using magic, because Aes never learned how to use mundane fire-setting tools like flint and steel or even matches. The cost to her body for such minor spells wasn't much of a deterrence to her, anyways.

After that fails or not, Aes picked up the rope. Waste not want not and all that.

Talking to Terys, she said "What's wrong with a cave? It's just a cave. There was a rockslide, but we're unscathed and I think there's still going to be a way out." She brushed her hair off with one hand as she said that, in hopes of removing the dust that lodged itself.

Random tidbits:

Aes's necklace is not one-of-its kind. There are most likely similar necklaces somewhere in the world, but one for each element. Because the necklace is not a major artifact in any way — all Aes thinks it does is very slightly make the cost of magic less, especially for Dark element — Aes has not found any records of similar necklaces. For some unknowable reason Aes has a mild wish to track down other necklaces and take them for her own. Maybe she wants to because combining the slightly larger element trinkets from each necklace would be a useful tool, or maybe it's just her Fey blood speaking to her. ooh shiny!

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2014, 07:37:46 am »

'Very well,' Ecidona said, bowing her head slightly. She gave Rhea her best attempt at a confident smile as she approached them.

'We will leave. Now. I will watch over Rhea while we ride, you have my word,' she said to Syra.

Offer to take Rhea on my horse to see if I can tell anything about what's wrong with her. Unless the others have any last-minute things to do, get the hell out with the Orb and the girls.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2014, 08:36:00 am »

Subquest
Trent laughed as the elfish fellow Terys freaked out about this shadow of a cave they were in, he'd found far worse caves in the north, and truly horrifying ones beneath Shadewall where the a few remnants of those the Savior had drove back still remained. He spoke over his shoulder as he continued his search,

"If this little cubby hole of a cave frightens you then I'd love to see how you'd react to the northern mountain-homes which were little more then a bunch of caves connected by shoddy tunnels. Of course there are places far worse than that, but I wish those places on none, but the Shadowguard ..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2014, 08:45:28 am »

"Oooh! Oooooh! Didja ever hear those horrors of the deep lurking and cackling through the stone?" Royce asked, turning to Trent. "And didja ever mine through the walls and let a few out for a laugh?" It was obvious from his tone of voice and excitement that he had, in fact, done that at some point in his long, long lifespan.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:50 am »

"Oooh! Oooooh! Didja ever hear those horrors of the deep lurking and cackling through the stone?" Royce asked, turning to Trent. "And didja ever mine through the walls and let a few out for a laugh?" It was obvious from his tone of voice and excitement that he had, in fact, done that at some point in his long, long lifespan.

The smile slipped from Trent's face at the question and he stopped moving for a moment, he hadn't expected that question really and the memories it brought back were painful ones, but he quickly regained his composure hoping no one noticed the pause.

"I've seen, and fought more of them than any mortal being has a right to endure, but they don't cackle, they don't laugh or give you the courtesy of a warning before they attack you. The first you'll hear of them is the deep thrum of bowstrings being released followed by screams as their arrows fine weak spots in the armor and their barbed and poisoned points dig into the flesh, that is probably the best way to die. After the arrows come the monsters, giant humanoid insects with claws and talons that can cut through iron, massive dog-like beasts with no-eyes and fur  that seemed harder than steel, and much much more.

As for the mining part, I'm a Shadowguard, we don't mine or craft or carve, we are priests, prophets, and warriors whose sole purpose is to teach of the Shadow Return and then to be there when it comes. To steep the caverns red in our blood in the name of Ezekiel so that the dwarven race might live in their mountain-homes a little longer."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2014, 09:27:24 am »

"Haha. Maybe they don't, then. It's been a long, long time since I've encountered one. My memory isn't good enough to be that clear." Royce laughed and continued to play with his argent crab. "I guess I've never been one of your dwarves, 'cause I've never heard of Ezekiel or any of this Shadowguard stuff. Just goes to show you can exist across several ages and still not see all the world has to offer. Good thing too or I would've gone crazy a long time ago. Then again maybe I already have! Hard to say, really."

The trickster had a good chuckle at his fate and turned back to Trent. "So what's this Shadow Return?" He figured they might as well talk while they were stuck together. No need to be antisocial; he could multitask after all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2014, 10:37:46 am »

"The Shadow Return is what Ezekiel called the event that would come to pass when those horrors he drove into the depths come to take their revenge on the dwarven race for their actions, and his. It is said that when it comes the full force of those horrors will descend upon the dwarven realms, the mountain-homes will burn and the Shadowguard will be the last to stand against them before Ezekiel's tomb, the same site where they were driven away the first time.

Of course some of the Shadowguard believe that the prophecy will come to pass, but we will fail in our duty for even though Ezekiel managed it he still sacrificed his life to accomplish it, what can we do in the shadow of such a great hero. In the end it doesn't really matter, whether most of us die or all of us die it will come to pass, and we'll still be there dying in the name of our God in the same place he fell, there will be no greater honor than that."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2014, 02:55:13 pm »

((PS:
Let me speed rap how my internet is broken right now and I dont have access to a computer unless I hit the library. :P

Literally, please skip me... :( Sorry.
Could I ask anyone to PM a suggestion-action for Dwarmin if they're able? That'd be great muchly :D

Also miniturn up later when Ochita posts.))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »

((Yeah Im back and stuff. Forgive me for my leave of absence, and if my posts seem a bit stiff for the first couple of turns after this one. Still, I do intend to be back for at least a good while so... Anyway.))

Gurrath hesitated, while the presence of the crown could mean nothing, it could equally, if not more possibly mean that something was up. And the hunting horn too.. The whole situation lingered heavily on his mind.
"We should be off soon, this recent activity has me cautious."

Quickly rifle though papers for some indication of the direction of this group, and regroup with the others outside the tent.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2014, 06:48:43 pm »

"Ah, a prophecy!" Royce could have told the dwarf he'd heard a few hundred during his enormous lifespan and that they never came true (especially the dozen or so he'd made up), but there was no arguing with a believer and why provoke a fight right now anyway? "So what do you think about it? Hope it never happens, or are you just waiting for the day when you can fight the lurking monsters yourself?" His tone was light and conversational.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2014, 11:57:05 am »

Ignore this.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:39:05 pm by adwarf »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Ch 1: Epilogue | Turn 15: Recovery; Miniturn
« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2014, 07:46:24 pm »

This is a bit overdue for the update...which is pretty much offline due to cases (see below), but I'm quite worried as is about the state of the game. But first I think it's important to get an idea of who is still around... [due to worry about hey who's still up for playing//direct proportion of days since last update and possible players leaving].

Spoiler: Reason (click to show/hide)

Edit: I'm sure SerCon would love that reply adwarf! :p

Double Edit: I've...also kept it offline due to the forum gobbling up the post when originally, this included the turn along with it. Yeah, this is the third time this post has been written and I've managed to get it offline safely. >_>

Will post the turn soon if...everyone's still ok with the story.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Ch 1: Epilogue | Turn 15: Recovery; Miniturn
« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2014, 08:12:48 pm »

The best thing you can do is just - deliver on time. One perfect update every three months is worse than an unpolished update every day. :I
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:35:56 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22