Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 24 Hour Comics Day  (Read 933 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
24 Hour Comics Day
« on: October 15, 2012, 03:10:12 pm »

Next Saturday, the 20th of October is 24-Hour Comics Day A day in which comic artists
of every stripe buckle down and try to produce 24 pages of comics in 24 hours. I've never tried it before because
 for the last two years I've missed the date because nobody reminded me. I'll be trying to pull it off this year.

Is anybody else planning on undergoing the challenge?
Is anyone done the challenge before?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: 24 Hour Comics Day
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:41:32 pm »

I could try it. It sounds neato.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 03:46:43 pm »

I ought to try this, but holy crap it usually takes me a week to make a single comic page when I work on my hobby comics.  Maybe if I did just black and white it might be doable, but I imagine I'd be completely out of steam by the 5th page.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »

What's that you say, an excuse to draw and post scores of cutebolds? Exciting times approach!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 06:41:15 pm »

I am actually considering this, even though it says "comic" and not "terrible 4-panel stickman jokes". Probably not going to do it officially by signing up, but hell, might still try a more unofficial approach. :P (given how it rarely takes more than 15 minutes to actually draw a page, i think i'd stand a decent chance of completion if i actually draw non-stop)
Best of luck to you guys, i'd love to see how your efforts turn out, if at all possible!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 05:19:56 am »

I am actually considering this, even though it says "comic" and not "terrible 4-panel stickman jokes". Probably not going to do it officially by signing up, but hell, might still try a more unofficial approach. :P (given how it rarely takes more than 15 minutes to actually draw a page, i think i'd stand a decent chance of completion if i actually draw non-stop)
Best of luck to you guys, i'd love to see how your efforts turn out, if at all possible!
I'm not really sure if I'm going to register, it seems like a lot of people just wind up with a comic afterwards. It just seemed like the kind of endurance test I had to try.
 I'm sure excited to see your 112-panel stickman joke

I ought to try this, but holy crap it usually takes me a week to make a single comic page when I work on my hobby comics.  Maybe if I did just black and white it might be doable, but I imagine I'd be completely out of steam by the 5th page.
I kind of know the feeling, I usually spend around six hours on Saturdays drawing anyway, I'm just going to have to eschew sleep for that day.

What's that you say, an excuse to draw and post scores of cutebolds? Exciting times approach!
You needed an excuse ;)