Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Be Minecraft  (Read 2447 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Minecraft
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 06:30:52 pm »

((I SHALL BE MUTE.))

EAST TO THE VILLAGE.
Follow...(checks character list) her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 06:42:07 pm »

Bildug will head to the nearest plains that's not to the north, and hunt some pigs or cattle. If one is found, shoot it!

Any way we could have updated inventories? Listing items, gear, etc? A la, how many arrows do I have? If it's easier, you could have it the same as the Delving RTD, where players keep track of their gear themselves.

And my plan is to enchant my bow with Infinity and Power IV, so as to murder EVERYTHING.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 08:25:32 pm »

((So I'm completely ignored and not placed in the waitlist?

Ok. I understand.  :'())

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 08:36:45 pm »

The GM is not, as most people are inclined to believe, god of their own domain. They just write the rules.

Actually, fuck that. I can flip gravity on you any damn time I please, but I wanted to say something comforting.

I'll get that fixed, I promise.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »

Yeah, player inventories will have to be player managed. You'll never have more than, maybe, 10 items unless you're a loot monkey.

And, you know, anything unknown like "you found a potion and had the apothecary identify it" works.

Anyway, TURN ONE

Alexis says nothing as she leaves from the house, staff in hand. She heads due east.

Steve begins out the door before collapsing on the ground and wallowing in regret.
ROLL FOR SADNESS[1]
CRITICAL FAILURE.
Steve is sad.

Gerald steps over Steve[4] and walks with Alexis, who says nothing the entire time.

Bildug starts off to the west, searching for fields [6]. He instead comes across desert, filled with a few cattle hemmed in by cacti. He simply watches as the cattle become meat right in front of him. All his 8 arrows were not needed.

---

Meanwhile, Alexis reaches the village which was barely out of sight range of the house. She and Gerald meet the strange villagers, which apparently greet people by shaking their oversized noses.

Alexis begins frantically signing to one of the villagers, who frantically signs back. Gerald, in the meantime, explores. [3]
He finds many houses, a library, and a forge along with some farms and a chapel.

He [5] finds the forge unattended and looks in the forge storage. There's a couple iron bars in it, along with a silver key. It's probably to the villagers house or something, because these chests get looted by every wandering adventurer that passes through and it's rare to find something good.

Gerald returns to see Alexis holding massive handfuls of wheat and still trying to silently communicate with the villager. She eventually loads it onto one of their carts and is handed a box and wooden staff.

Gerald questions her, and she points at the staff and shakes it. It's faint shine is evident to be part of an enchantment. She then points the box and reveals 6 potions, one of them shaped to be thrown. Neither of them seemed to know what they were.

------
Everyone:
(9/10) Hunger
(10/10) Health

Gerald and Alexis are in Nearby Village, East.
Steve is still wallowing in the doorframe of the house.
Bildug is in the Desert (West), richerby a few slabs of de-prickled meat.

------
Notes:
See your Apothecary to identify your potions.
Do attempt to not wallow in the doorframe. It lets the nasties get in.
[5],[3],[1],[6] -[3]
Alexis and Bildug get a strange feeling.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »

I'll identify the potions.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 09:39:18 pm »

Nod to the villagers, and venture deeper inside the village, searching for either a Priest or an Apothecary to get my crap identified.

Spoiler: Alexis Sarona (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:20 pm »

How much meat did I get...? Uh...What's our maximum life? 10 hearts? Is my set of armor just leather, and is my bow just a normal bow? Did I get any hides? How many pieces in this "Partial" set of leather armor? How does armor work? Adds a temporary HP bonus, until broken?

So many questions!

Bildug will make sure he gathered the experience from the cows (How much did I get? Any?), and head back to the house and store the meat. Meet with the others if they're there!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 03:48:51 pm »

"Maximum" life is 15, but normally you have ten. Ways to get those five extra hearts:
1. Level like crazy.
2. Survive a near death experience and come back stronger.
3. Slay something awesome and "absorb their powers" (Through various means, eating their heart was the most common idea of this)

Anyway, you have 10.

Armor sets reduce damage and take it for you. Each stage is -1/2 damage per hit, so something that would hit someone for 3 hearts becomes 2 1/2 in leather armor.

Partial armor is one step down, and partial leather does nothing in combat (it does give the half-heart in noncombat situations)

You got three slabs, pushing food up to (10) instead of (9). Everything is unit based, and generally everyone eats 1 unit when they're hungry or 2 when very hungry, your house can hold a maximum of 15 units.

Your bow is normal.

You got no hides (should have mentioned) due to all them prickles.
Also, you've got 1/2 of a bar (genrally cactusdeath wouldn't, but I'll be nice and say you punched them)

Partial is generally either "pants and shoes" or "pants and hat."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:53:58 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 04:04:10 pm »

Roll in mud and despair all the way to the village, just in time to help with the trading. Do not stand up.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 05:22:19 pm »

The Potions have been Identified!

You got:
Potions:
Verdant Potion: A high-class potion used to make things grow. Best used away from anything you want to stay non-plant.
Firewater Potion: A highly flammable solution that looks and smells exactly like regular water.
Potion of Silence: Temporarily causes inability to speak, a mage's prank. Wears off after a while.
Potion of Fire Resistance: Not even the HELLFIRE OF CREATION can stop you now. Tank your way through lava for fun!

Splash Potions:
Screaming Potion: When broken and exposed to air, this liquid boils with a super-loud noise.

Alexis and Gerald wander around the village, double checking the potions and [4] finding a hidden chest in the Library! They found two books, a writable book, and some ink. Alexis grabs the writing book while Gerald reads the titles of the other two books.
"Wildlife of the World" and "The Silver Bedpost." Hmm.
Gerald looks in the "Silver Bedpost" then immediately puts it back into the chest.
"No, we don't need that one. I didn't even know villagers wrote that kind of thing.

About that time, Steve rolls down the last hill and crashes through the library window [2]-[6]
Glass gets in his armor and cuts him up. He avoids most damage by luck. -2 Hearts (saved 1)

Alexis gives him an annoyed look before looking at the wildlife book.

There was more in the book, but Alexis didn't feel like reading any more. ((You'll know just before you need to.))

Meanwhile, Bildug returns to the house. Before he can enter the door, he hears a bone-chilling hiss...
Turning around, he sees a single Wood Spider, which were a form of forest spider but larger and red. It seemed to be pissed off.
"Aw nether..." Bildug began as he instinctively drew back his bow...
[5] [5]
Bildug fired the arrow, but the spider rolled away from where it struck.
[2] [1]
Bildug hastily threaded another arrow and fired. It clipped the spider in the leg, stopping it's advance.
[4] [3-1]
Bildug took an arrow from his quiver in his hand and used the arrowhead to slash at the spider, gashing it's head.

The spider was slain, dropping a cluster of three eyes. Knowing of potions, Bildug retrieved them after disposing of the spider's corpse.

Bildug entered the Apothecarium under the house. He chucked the three spider eyes in next to the water bottles then went back up into the house.

Bildug gathered his arrows and relaxed in the house. He managed to retain all 8 arrows.

Bildug has leveled up to Level 2.
Bildug got a bonus! (Lv2: Bonus Ammo)
Bildug hears a faint voice. When he turns around, two more arrows lay on a table.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 05:28:30 pm »

Name: James G. Alvin
Class: Villager
Subclass: Miner
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29:24 pm »

Any way that we can choose our own bonuses? Though, I guess extra arrows will be important.

Bildug will go and practice his Archery, shooting a tree. Try and get better!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 05:47:40 pm »

Yeah, but theres not -too many- choices. They come about once per 10 levels but not always at the 10/20/30.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 05:47:57 pm »

Ask for book.
Read book as I look around the village for anything else of use.

Wait, only Arctic Spiders have webs?
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3