Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Facebook Scoundrel  (Read 4803 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Facebook Scoundrel
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:53:04 am »

So this is interesting and I figured I would toss it out in a comunity that I enjoy and figured I might get some interesting stories or junk.

So I recently got a face book,  (about 4 months ago) as a means of keeping up with my family while I am away. As some may know I am in the US Navy and interestingly enough it is relevant to the story. So a couple of days ago I recieved a message that was an absolute wall of text praising me for joining the service yaddi yadda, lady I am only trying to eat my lunch. Anyway I look at the profile and it is from this fairly attractive female so naturally I friend her (with my spidey senses still tingling of course). From the beginning it has been weird, she has been asking questions about what I do and how old I am and shit (as well as if I was dating anyone) and has been very flirtatious. So I know this is somebody looking to make a quick buck off of a mark but I want to see how far I can take this.

Eventually I get this message:
thanks sweetie  i joined a competition for the search for best "bikini model"and there’s are big cash prize and travel incentive for the winner and i need votes to win would u help me? and as reward can i send you some cool pic after you vote? but its okay if you dont want to no biggie no worries its legit and trusted 

Then this bad boy:

all u have to do is to request a voting ID for " FREE " first to our sponsor site coz its only limited so u can vote for me okay?

okay ill copy paste here the instruction of how to get a voting ID okay?  and if you like as a fair to you i will send my private pics sweetie its that cool to you?

What the absolute fuck. Now obviously I dropped that ham sandwich like a hot potato but my question is: Has anyone ever had something similar happen to them? Or What kind of absolute filthy human excrement would try to take advantage of people like that?

Discuss.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:56:37 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook Scoundrel
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:57:23 am »

I 'spose I shouldn't refer to women as ham sandwiches. Noted.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 03:12:22 am »

Um... welcome to the internet, i guess.

This stuff isn't new (this sort of thing has probably been happening for 2 decades now), nor uncommon.
Magma is overrated.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 03:12:33 am »

TBH I was a bit disappointed it was just a plain old money scam. Just the other day I was reading how Al Qaeda operatives are posing as women on FB to extract intel from US soldiers. You could've become a double agent and gotten a sweet suit and a ton of various gadgets :(
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:34:51 am »

TBH I was a bit disappointed it was just a plain old money scam. Just the other day I was reading how Al Qaeda operatives are posing as women on FB to extract intel from US soldiers. You could've become a double agent and gotten a sweet suit and a ton of various gadgets :(

"Just look at the handsome lining! Remember, don't touch that red seam there..."

Edit: Hang on, that joke's not even particularly funny. :-\ WTF, Yoink?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:44:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 11:07:10 am »

Yeah. But I'm a Hospitalman. Very few things about the human body are classified.