Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: RCAW: Tectonic plates stage - Heatwave  (Read 2185 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: RCAW: Tectonic plates (4/12)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 06:18:10 am »

I also have the highest evolution
Not really, you're tied with me.

and breeding stats. I can evolve fast, which will be accelerated further by my high breeding rate!
And I can migrate to better areas.
True, but that assumes you aren't completely wiped out by a random heat wave. :P
Good points. I shifted some numbers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RCAW: Tectonic plates (8/12)
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 06:38:46 am »

Goddammit guys (Tiruin+GWG) stop one-upping me on Evolution! I even had the first part of my species' name a corruption of "evolution"! :P

Welp, I guess I should change that. Oh well, I'm sure the RNG will punish you two for your horrible horrible acts of min/maxing.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 06:42:36 am »

It's not min-maxing, it's sound evolutionary theory!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 06:56:41 am »

Depens on wherether or not evolution means evolution speed, (which would be strange, as there's no such thing) or mutation rate. The latter seems more logical, as the speed of evolution is pretty much reliant on mutation rate + Reproduction speed.

A high mutation speed would mean rapid evolution, but also a large number of useless mutation that are quickly killed of.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 07:01:53 am »

Depens on wherether or not evolution means evolution speed, (which would be strange, as there's no such thing) or mutation rate. The latter seems more logical, as the speed of evolution is pretty much reliant on mutation rate + Reproduction speed.

A high mutation speed would mean rapid evolution, but also a large number of useless mutation that are quickly killed of.
Certain clades are also better at evolving than other clades.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 09:05:15 am »

Oh come on, shifting your stats when seeing others'?

:I

I put mine in a state of a slow growth microbe, akin to a living amoeba. But it doesn't seem to matter anyway, because min-maxing.

Though, wondering on ebbor's theory. Bacterium evolve by shifts in their genetic code, which mean external variables...One does not just evolve without a stimulus.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:08:17 am by Tiruin »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 10:02:32 am »

Again, you're all going to get wiped out by the freak heat wave that's going to sweep the entire area during the second turn. Meanwhile, Mc and I will slowly grow to conquer the entire playing field. Like in that game of Risk that never finished.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 10:15:12 am »

Again, you're all going to get wiped out by the freak heat wave [...] that never finished.
Q.E.D.  :P
Now let's get on to the microbial warfare, lads!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 10:36:19 am »

Bacteria are also quite special in that they can evolve without reproductions. Their cells contain plasmids(small rings of DNA seperate from the main code) which they can exchange with other bacteria. A plasmid containing for example, the gene for a certain immunity, or a special protein can be exchanged between bacteria. This is what makes antibiotica resistant bacteria so dangerous.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 11:44:53 am »

Alright, starting this in four hours. Last chance to join before the shift.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 01:49:12 pm »

Again, you're all going to get wiped out by the freak heat wave that's going to sweep the entire area during the second turn. Meanwhile, Mc and I will slowly grow to conquer the entire playing field. Like in that game of Risk that never finished.
I have no idea what you're talking about dude, your dryness and heat resistance are both 2. A large number of people have higher or equal resistance and few have less.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RCAW: Tectonic plates stage - Heatwave
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 02:21:16 pm »

Bacteria dispersed!
World map updated!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Each dot is 10,000,000,000 bacteria.

Pink = Greenstarfanatic
Purple = Mcclay
Red = Tarran
Orange = GreatWyrmGold
Blue = kilakan
Grey = NRDL
Gold = Tiruin
Dark Grey = micelus

Spoiler: The bacterias (click to show/hide)

Part 1: An event
[5] = Space-related
[1] = Solar flares
Solar flares kill many microbes. Your microbes suddenly have much less competition, however a few of them are also hit by the increased heat.

Spoiler: The Rolls (click to show/hide)

Part 2: Breeding
Previous breeding speed is: x2.0
Solar Flares: +0.5
Spoiler:  Breeding Rolls (click to show/hide)

Part 3: The Shift
[6] = No special event
Shift factor: [3] pixels
Direction: left
New map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Part 4: Weather Change
[71] = Everywhere gains mild humidity and cold
[3] = No tiles changed

Part 5: Evolution points
Spoiler: Evolution Rolls (click to show/hide)

There will be no deaths from weather first round, because you haven't even got a chance to evolve your microbes. Also, you can move your microbes according to your migration. You have a total of migration points equal to your migration attribute. You can use each point to move one microbe dot one square, meaning, if you had 3 migration, you could move 1 microbe 3 squares, 3 microbes 1 square, or one 2 squares and another 1 square. So, please distribute your evolution points and tell me if you want to migrate.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 02:34:48 pm »

Question: Do lower rolls mean better results?

Also, what a great way to start. Oh well, at least I've got an island all to myself.

Move to the grassland tile north of me.

Add 1 point to Breeding speed. Add one to Evolution Rate.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:54:46 pm by Tarran »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 02:45:33 pm »

Add one point each to Toughness, Size, and Humid. Resistance. Then, move one of them two squares East, and one 1 square East.

Spoiler: (Copius Morganus) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:58:23 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »

Question: Do lower rolls mean better results?
Alright, explanation time.

During an event that requires you to roll against a resistance attribute (such as the heatwave) a d10 is rolled. If it is under your attribute, nothing happens, if it is over, some of your little creatures may die. I see by how much it is over, then I roll on toughness. If you get under toughness, the amount you where under by is subtracted from the amount you where over by on the resistance roll. In the heatwave, the final number equaled the billions of creatures lost.
In breeding, the base breeding is just a number, modified by any events that turn. Your current population is multiplied by that number, and that equals your new population. The bonus is when a d10 is rolled and it is under your breeding speed, when that happens your current population is multiplied by the amount it was under by and then added to your new population.
Evolution works the same way, but if you get belowe your evolution score on your third roll, you can continue to roll until you get above it.
During events, the different events are spread out randomly, so lower does not necessarily mean better.

tldr:
Yes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3