Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Writing thread- constructive criticism, writer's block, collaboration  (Read 520 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Writers of Bay12Games, what are your projects?

Here's a project I started over the summer with the intent of eventually publishing, but as happens to all of us I'm currently stuck. I have a plan for where I generally want the story to go, but I have no idea how to connect what I have now to my next step.

http://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNw8Q6E61tRhxAcrDKFbKsz0YsfcIJdip7ihWDzDplU/edit

The first act is going to largely center around Seig and Marcel attempting to connect as father and daugher, but having to overcome the fact that they've never seen eachother in their lives. The second act will concern Nemo, and his feelings of abandonment and anger towards Seig. He will have emerged as the prince of his own nation, usurping Seig's place among his people using the spiral birthmark.

Has anybody here written anything related to Dorf Fort? Especially something based on their own forts or adventurers. My forts are pretty boring, so I'd end up with a story about a bunch of people who farmed and mined, not really facing any trouble or torment.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Writing thread- constructive criticism, writer's block, collaboration
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:29:15 am »

I point you to here.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward