Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I continue to have all guns with one skill, or seperate them into different skills?

Seperate. It makes it more like traditional dwarf fortress, and helps to keep squads orginized better.
Keep together. Combat isn't the only focuse of the mod, and having it only one skill has several advantages of its own.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: Modern. Histories of Industry and Warfare  (Read 37599 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Modern. Histories of Industry and Warfare
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2013, 10:02:39 pm »

I already have flamethrowers in the current mod version of mine. :) AI is a bit stupid about using them though.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2013, 04:02:30 am »

> In other news, for the fine people who use this mod, I will break it into two pieces. The standard mod, which we know and love, and the "hacked mod", which has all the DF hack features that I have managed to capture.

Once you go dfhack, you won't go back.

> I already have flamethrowers in the current mod version of mine.  AI is a bit stupid about using them though.
In FoE mod you need a riot shield not to burn yourself to crisp when using one. They also seem to not do much to enemies, but set the grass on fire, causing whole map wildfires. Most things can escape fire, but it is still pretty dangerous when inside the walls of the fortress. Flamethrowers are pretty good against re-animating undead, though. They can't rise from ashes.

Magma grenades look promising, but the risk here is that syndromes / interactions will still be used when in close combat and someone can step into it. Oh and I think you'll need to not disable temperature for this to work at all.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2013, 10:54:11 pm »

> In other news, for the fine people who use this mod, I will break it into two pieces. The standard mod, which we know and love, and the "hacked mod", which has all the DF hack features that I have managed to capture.

Once you go dfhack, you won't go back.

> I already have flamethrowers in the current mod version of mine.  AI is a bit stupid about using them though.
In FoE mod you need a riot shield not to burn yourself to crisp when using one. They also seem to not do much to enemies, but set the grass on fire, causing whole map wildfires. Most things can escape fire, but it is still pretty dangerous when inside the walls of the fortress. Flamethrowers are pretty good against re-animating undead, though. They can't rise from ashes.

Magma grenades look promising, but the risk here is that syndromes / interactions will still be used when in close combat and someone can step into it. Oh and I think you'll need to not disable temperature for this to work at all.

Well they shouldn't have to be in close combat if they are fighting, right? I still can't get it to work right. I will release the hacked version if I ever get it to work.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2013, 03:43:53 pm »

On top of trying DF hack things, I have come up with some more ideas that will probably not get done for a while, but here they are.

-New secret: Zombies. Based on the modern idea of zombies, basically it makes the reader an "Infector" creature comes, releasing gas that turns anything nearby into a zombie, making non-dwarfs berserk and transforming dwarfs into a "Zombie" that can transform other beings into zombies if they bite them.

-New plants
  -Cigarets, coffee, and other plants that can give off a positive syndrome when processed.

-New vehicle
   -UVA, which is basically a beneficial undead. This will be to give the "interrogate" reaction a reason to exist.

This will probably take a while, I have not been coding lately. As always, I am taking suggestions!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2013, 01:49:51 pm »

And finally, the newest version is up! I got the UVA ready (and dangerously untested, of course), but I will need some more work on the plants. I haven't done much with plants before besides the corn in this mod already, so this might take a bit longer.

I also did a little bug fixing, like fixing the pistols so they will stop being blocked by a t-shirt, with other things. A new pole is also up, suggestions are welcomed as always. I will try to get the promised plants as soon as possible, might take a few more months till I get some extra time. As always, opened to suggestions. Still haven't gotten DF hack figured out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2013, 10:52:36 pm »

Finally, the long awaited day has arrived! Did I finally grant all the things I promised in the last post? No way! But what I did do was much better. I finally found a time to FIX MY AWFUL SPELLING AND GRAMMAR! No more randomly capitalized weapons! Less awkward bullet names! The creature descriptions almost make since! I hope this improves the playing experience for all.

As always, PLEASE give me feedback, ideas, and list any glitches or problems in my game. If you noticed any grammar or spelling mistakes, please point them out here for me to fix in the far-away next update.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]