Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Futur developement

More tilesets. (Cla, JollyBastion, Vherid)
More optional modifications. (a slippery slope)
More utilities. (I wouldnt even know which ones)
More standardization (even less rocks/gems/stuff)
More bugfixes (whatever is left)
More balancing (for example include Modest Bodies with better joints)
Something else, I let you know in the comments.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: <<<Accelerated DF and Modest Mod>>> - V1.1 now with GUI, 2 versions, 3 tilesets.  (Read 108812 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE FOR 40.5 BY DOREN!
Doren made a DF2014 version of this, including new bugfixes and balancing for the added content: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141715.0

Accelerated DF - only FPS improvements. Nothing more, nothing less.

>>> DOWNLOAD ::: Windows (V.1.1 for DF 34.11) <<<

>>> DOWNLOAD ::: Raw-Only (V.1.1 for DF 34.11) <<<

Mac/Linux users please download the raw-only version and copy+replace all files in your dwarf fortress folder

Accelerated Modest Mod - FPS improvements, bugfixes and balancing.

>>> DOWNLOAD ::: Windows (V.1.1 for DF 34.11) <<<

>>> DOWNLOAD ::: Raw-Only (V.1.1 for DF 34.11) <<<

Mac/Linux users please download the raw-only version and copy+replace all files in your dwarf fortress folder

Includes a GUI based on the LNP

Accelerated Dwarf Fortress is a small mod that allows people with slower PCs to get the maximum out of their game, or for people who dislike low FPS in high-end fortresses. An educated guess by me is a FPS improvement of at least ~25%, based on reports about MasterworkDF.

What you get:
 - A faster DF
 - Shorter lists of build materials to scroll through
 - Shorter lists of tradegoods for nice trading
 - Less clutter left over from invasions and ambushes
 - More similar colored rocks to build your fortress in
 - Wide open caverns
 - All vanilla features still work. No worries, it is still the good old Dwarf Fortress
 - A GUI change graphics and init settings, even on running fortresses. Based on the LNP source code (written by LucasUP)
 - All the bugfixes and balancing done by the Modest Mod (written by Igfig)

How to play:
 - This mod is pre-installed. You just need to unpack the .rar and run the game as always
 - No changes in gameplay, tactics or balancing have been done

Changes:
 - Standardized grass
 - Pandas eat grass instead of bamboo
 - Standardized wood
 - Less stones types
 - Several stone types leave only dust, no solid stone
 - Only one type of sand, soil and two clays (one earthenware, a second one for stoneware)
 - Aquifers removed
 - Reduntant domestic animals removed
 - Reduntant gems removes, about 70% less
 - Less clothing types
 - Less clothing worn by traders and invaders
 - Standardized toys and instruments
 - Standardized animal materials, including bones, leather and meat
 - All adv worldgens produce wide, open caverns to help pathfinding (no more mazelike caverns)
 - Removed billon, electrum, and the 3 pewters versions
 - Init tweaks for more FPS
 - Initial FPS cap set to 150
 - Weather and Temperature OFF by default
 - Embark rectangle reduced to 3x3

Notes:
 - If people are interested in this, I might be willing to do versions for different tilesets, change some features and do a Mac/Linux version.
 - I think it would be a good idea to merge the modest mod into this, with bugfixes and balancing.
 - The biggest FPS boost comes from standardized animal materials and less clothing on invaders.
 - Standardized instruments, toys and less clothing helps trading.
 - The reduction of the inorganic materials (gems, stones, minerals, metals) is mostly for shorter lists of buildmats and menus (forge, gemcutter, etc.)
 - The GUI needs .NET-framework to work and is only available for Windows. You can use Mono+Wine to emulate it on Mac/Linux if you really, really want to.
 - Default tileset active is Phoebus.

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GUI
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:20:49 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Accelerated Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:16:20 am »

Reserved for whatever.

I want to note that I wrote this in a strange mood in 45mins. Errorlog and embark screen logs clean and I am confident that nothing conflicts. Hope you guys have fun, I remember many people asking about something like this. Quite often actually.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerated Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:22:39 am »

I'd download this, but this interferes slightly with personal modifications and FFmod.

This is a great idea though, I like having the choice of a faster DF without Masterwork.

Doren

• Bay Watcher
  • On closer inspection, that dog is a dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerated Dwarf Fortress - Vanilla DF with more FPS
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 11:18:32 am »

Finally it's here, yay!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 03:38:43 pm »

Well, I will let it stand and come back in a few days to see the feedback ;) It was quite difficult for me not to bundle all kinds of stuff into it, but then again it should be small and easy to start. I used the version without sound btw, because the filesize is smaller. I wrote this because I thought it would be possible to reduce masterwork to this with a better GUI, but after having a long hard look at it I decided that it is way easier this way.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »

I like this a lot! I agree that it's good to not bundle too much stuff into small mods like this or MM, but I'd be all for something standalone that merges the two.

I might just borrow that "wide open caverns by default" worldgen setting, though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:30:36 pm »

*insert Ironhand, Vherid, and Jolly Bastion in this mod*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 10:33:15 pm »

...you or Meph?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 10:57:47 am »

You can do that yourself, easily brah.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Accelerated DF - Vanilla DF with more FPS. PHOEBUS UPDATE
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:11:34 am »

Phoebus and Ironhand are done, but somehow DFFD is down, I'll upload ironhand later. Vherid, taffer, jolly bastion.. all those dont require new raws, only changes in the data/ folder, so very easily done. Dont even think that a seperate download would make sense for those, anyone can install them if he/she likes.

Edit: Ironhand is online.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:45:40 pm by Meph »

Garden Gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerated DF - Vanilla DF with more FPS. Phoebus/Ironhand Update
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 02:55:21 pm »

Love the mod. I would be interested in a Linux version, and having the modest mod merged.

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 07:31:18 am »

Love the mod. I would be interested in a Linux version, and having the modest mod merged.

A linux version would be super. I like to run df on my home server, and log in from time to time from work to get a little play in... shh... don't tell my boss :)
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 05:55:07 pm »

Well, I did download the linux tar.bz2, unpacked it in windows, updated the raws (2mins work, just copy and replace) but I cant repack it into a tar.bz2 again. I have winrar and can do .rar or .zip. Can you linux guys do anything with those, or could you point me in the direction of a program I can use to pack it into a bz2 again (on a windows machine)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 06:43:20 pm »

Ah, I do have 7z, but cant do/find bz2-format in it. Or did you mnean: Just use .7z, because linux users can unpack it ?

I also spoke to igfig about a mergeing with the modest mod, he likes the idea and it seems that we will end up with 3 sets of mods. 1: Only modest mod, with balancing/fixes, 2: Only FPS increasement and 3: Both.

Now, with 3 tileset versions and 3 operating systems and 3 mod versions it would mean 27 seperate downloads.... no comment on that ^^
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24