Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What Should I focus On?

More Races to play as in fortress Mode (and expanding the current ones)
- 16 (9.3%)
More races in general
- 15 (8.7%)
Expanding The magic system to allow for spells that have effects on the caster (an eye for an eye, if you get my drift)
- 36 (20.9%)
More Cults and Lovecraftian elements!
- 56 (32.6%)
More Overlordy Elements!
- 23 (13.4%)
More Creatures From Both!
- 26 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strange New World:A Lovecraftian Dark Fantasy Mod (ver .0.0.7) (40.xx.xx)  (Read 16354 times)

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I was looking for pumpkins and not halfling pumpkins  :D There is, however, no reaction in the craftling's workshop for stones.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

I'm fairly sure it worked before....well, I guess I'm going to have to fix that, sorry for the inconvenience. :/ hopefully it doesn't take away from enjoyment too much.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:20:30 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I see the poll leans towards lovecraftian elements.

Might I suggest Herbert Wests Reanimation Lab to make your own undeads, and the worms from The Festival that use corpses? They could turn them into swarms of purring maggots, maybe with some syndrome-inducing bites, like bee stings; just less harmless.

Both should be relatively easy to make by altering the raise dead interaction from vanilla Df. :)

Instruments could be used to play the music of Eric Zann, which gives AoE buffs or nerfs to allies/invaders. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

I see the poll leans towards lovecraftian elements.

Might I suggest Herbert Wests Reanimation Lab to make your own undeads, and the worms from The Festival that use corpses? They could turn them into swarms of purring maggots, maybe with some syndrome-inducing bites, like bee stings; just less harmless.

Both should be relatively easy to make by altering the raise dead interaction from vanilla Df. :)

Instruments could be used to play the music of Eric Zann, which gives AoE buffs or nerfs to allies/invaders. :)
[/quote

Interesting idea, i stopped working on it for a few days (college is about to start back up again), but i should finish up the ghoul interactions today. Ill keep those in mind, should be quite fun.
I am an indie game dev!

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile

I am sincerely impressed with some of the stuff you are getting dwarf fortress to do. Looking through your raws is fascinating. By the way, can you explain more about the creatures that aren't actually creatures (such as the Necronomicon)? Is this just a way to get people to talk about these things/engrave them occasionally?

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You hear hideous pattering of the paws.
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/bc.aspx

Spoiler: The Beast in the Cave (click to show/hide)

Also, an idea: taxidermy workshop turning remains of exotic and strange creatures into works of art.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Strange New World:A Lovecraftian Dark Fantasy Mod (ver .0.0.7) (40.xx.xx)
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 11:58:24 pm »

You hear hideous pattering of the paws.
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/bc.aspx

Spoiler: The Beast in the Cave (click to show/hide)

Also, an idea: taxidermy workshop turning remains of exotic and strange creatures into works of art.

sorry for the lack of updates school started back up :( i plan to get back to this.
I am an indie game dev!

Rukja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 11:43:06 am »

Well hello there
i tested your mods already several times
well, i m not realy good in finding bugs or anything, so sorry not much help with that from me
but what i want to say
i love the idea of your mod
please go one with your good work

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »

Well, I've been looking for a lovecraftian mod, so this sounds awesome.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'll need to keep an eye on this.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it considered poor form for modders to gut abandoned projects?  If not, there is at least one abandoned lovecraft mod that may have some resources you might be interested in.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is it considered poor form for modders to gut abandoned projects?  If not, there is at least one abandoned lovecraft mod that may have some resources you might be interested in.
It is not considered poor form. It's best to ask first, but if the modder is inactive, there is no reason not to continue his work. So far I've only seen positive responses to projects like this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 [2]