Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Futur developement

More tilesets. (Cla, JollyBastion, Vherid)
More optional modifications. (a slippery slope)
More utilities. (I wouldnt even know which ones)
More standardization (even less rocks/gems/stuff)
More bugfixes (whatever is left)
More balancing (for example include Modest Bodies with better joints)
Something else, I let you know in the comments.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: <<<Accelerated DF and Modest Mod>>> - V1.1 now with GUI, 2 versions, 3 tilesets.  (Read 109463 times)

Dipo233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerated DF - Vanilla DF with more FPS. Phoebus/Ironhand Update
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 06:46:06 am »

Man i loved masterwork, made dwarf fortress a little more playable, but i always thought it was kind of complicated for me. Now there's this mod, everything's perfect :) I was wondering if you could make the mac version? Thanks :D

BeenCarl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • American Society for Velociraptor Attack Protection
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 07:07:51 am »

Love the idea but is there anyway to leave out the changes and leave the mod in a zip with detailed instruction for download..
It's like fighting goblins with lye, and winning.
Velociraptor season is here.
Are you prepared?
http://www.velociraptors.info/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 07:42:41 am »

Mac version can be done, no problem. I just have to know the format. Remember, I do work on a Windows machine and have no access to linux or mac os. Is .7z ok on a mac as well ?

@beencarl: Excuse my lack of eloquence, but: WTF ? What instructions for download could there be, the mod is already packed in a .rar, which has a better compression then a .zip, and if I "leave out the changes" there is no more mod in it anymore... so, what I am trying to say is: I have no idea what you are trying to say.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

s2r2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 08:39:40 pm »

Mac version can be done, no problem. I just have to know the format. Remember, I do work on a Windows machine and have no access to linux or mac os. Is .7z ok on a mac as well ?

@beencarl: Excuse my lack of eloquence, but: WTF ? What instructions for download could there be, the mod is already packed in a .rar, which has a better compression then a .zip, and if I "leave out the changes" there is no more mod in it anymore... so, what I am trying to say is: I have no idea what you are trying to say.

As best I could translate it, he asking for a zip file that has a text document on how to download the mod. Not sure what good it would do anyone...

Any reason why this did not have DFhack and Therapist installed already? Well they are not that hard to install, I find it a little odd that they were not included in the download.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 04:37:52 am »

Filesize mostly. And I havent quite decided where this should go in the end. It is a minor mod anyway, doesnt add new things. I might add dfhack because of the new functions that add search to the unit screen, but therapist ? You just need one folder with the therapist, you dont need to install it into the df folder. dfhack I can understand.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 06:21:07 am »

Well, I did download the linux tar.bz2, unpacked it in windows, updated the raws (2mins work, just copy and replace) but I cant repack it into a tar.bz2 again. I have winrar and can do .rar or .zip. Can you linux guys do anything with those, or could you point me in the direction of a program I can use to pack it into a bz2 again (on a windows machine)

Linux can unpack .zip files, if I'm not mistaken. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

Dipo233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 06:31:44 am »

Yeah i think Mac can manage .7z files if i'm not mistaken :)

s2r2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 06:52:23 am »

Well, I did download the linux tar.bz2, unpacked it in windows, updated the raws (2mins work, just copy and replace) but I cant repack it into a tar.bz2 again. I have winrar and can do .rar or .zip. Can you linux guys do anything with those, or could you point me in the direction of a program I can use to pack it into a bz2 again (on a windows machine)

Linux can unpack .zip files, if I'm not mistaken. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

By default on some of systems, the programs to handle zip files are not installed, but they are simple enough to install( Basically some form of # apt-get install zip
# apt-get install unzip ). On others it already installed.

The reason why tar and bz2 are often used is just about every system already has those two installed, kind of like zip in the windows world.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 07:24:12 am »

Yeah, but I cant pack tar and bz2 on my windows... so I'll upload the linux in .zip and the mac version in .7z, that ok for everyone ?

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 08:18:15 am »

Yeah, but I cant pack tar and bz2 on my windows... so I'll upload the linux in .zip and the mac version in .7z, that ok for everyone ?

Sounds like a great plan!

Dipo233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 09:47:36 am »

YES <3

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Accelerated DF - Vanilla DF with more FPS. Now for Linux
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 08:18:53 pm »

Linux versions are online. Obviously I couldnt test them, so please have a look, tell me if everything is fine or not, and have fun.

Mac version seems a bit more complex, I did download the archive, but cant even unpack it without getting an error message. but then again, this is a simple mod, so I will offer a RAW only download in future, so that people on the mac can still install it themselves. should only be one copy+paste into the right folder.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Accelerated DF - Vanilla DF with more FPS. Mac/Linux Update
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »

Raw only versions for all three tilesets are online as well, mac users, please use these for now. Simple as download, unpack into dwarf fortress folder, replace all. Will also work on windows or linux, for people who dont like the preinstalled stuff.

Next thing for me will be the merging with the modest mod.

EDIT: Poll is up, once I have a good number of results I make another one about tilesets... mayday, taffer, vherid, jolly bastion...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:39:08 pm by Meph »

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 07:26:48 am »

Ah, I do have 7z, but cant do/find bz2-format in it. Or did you mnean: Just use .7z, because linux users can unpack it ?

I also spoke to igfig about a mergeing with the modest mod, he likes the idea and it seems that we will end up with 3 sets of mods. 1: Only modest mod, with balancing/fixes, 2: Only FPS increasement and 3: Both.

Now, with 3 tileset versions and 3 operating systems and 3 mod versions it would mean 27 seperate downloads.... no comment on that ^^

What if you made one download for each OS, then the user can decide what to actually install. I mean, YOU'RE making something for the people, so less work for you means more time doing awesome things like this (or sitting back and relaxing :D ).

I just installed the Linux version, had to update a few of the files to have execute permission, but works beautifully! Now to test the limits and see how well this performs!

Thanks so much.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Accelerated DF - Vanilla DF with more FPS. Mac/Linux Update
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 07:52:32 am »

The day I sit back and relax is the day you have my permission to kill me :P btw, it is one download for each OS, but for the different tilesets you need different sets of raws. I could write a utility that changes tilesets and bundle all 3 into one download, but that would be more work :P

I just installed the Linux version, had to update a few of the files to have execute permission
Was that your specific linux, or could I update something on the download so people dont have to update something themselves ?

You shouldnt fell much improvement at the start, but after a few ingame years, with 200 dwarves and invasions it should become really clear.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24