Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Futur developement

More tilesets. (Cla, JollyBastion, Vherid)
More optional modifications. (a slippery slope)
More utilities. (I wouldnt even know which ones)
More standardization (even less rocks/gems/stuff)
More bugfixes (whatever is left)
More balancing (for example include Modest Bodies with better joints)
Something else, I let you know in the comments.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: <<<Accelerated DF and Modest Mod>>> - V1.1 now with GUI, 2 versions, 3 tilesets.  (Read 109383 times)

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
Re: Accelerated DF - Vanilla DF with more FPS. Mac/Linux Update
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 08:46:24 am »

btw, it is one download for each OS, but for the different tilesets you need different sets of raws. I could write a utility that changes tilesets and bundle all 3 into one download, but that would be more work :P

Oh true, I didn't realize that. :)

I just installed the Linux version, had to update a few of the files to have execute permission
Was that your specific linux, or could I update something on the download so people dont have to update something themselves ?

I run Ubuntu 12.04. I tried to run it, and I got a permission denied error, looked, and there were no permissions. *Clever* me went in to my original DF folder and checked the permissions there.
Code: [Select]
// Check permissions for file
stat -c %a [filename]
The 'df' file in the top directory has read permissions (744), and Dwarf_Fortress, libgraphics.so, and libstdc++.so.6 in the libs directory has read and execute permissions (755). So I went and changed them, and everything worked!
Code: [Select]
// Change permissions for file
chmod <permission> [filename]

I'm no Linux wizard, so I don't know if that was the best way to go about it, I just stumbled my way through it haha. So I really don't know how you go about fixing that from your end.

BTW: This is awesome. Samsung Galaxy S3.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:00:19 am by rcmgames »
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

Morticeq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »

Something happened.
When dorfs engraved walls, they show subject that is engraved on them instead of this (more) beautiful unified "engraved walls style". I tried to play with phoebus tileset assembler, but with no luck. Any help?

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 05:31:27 pm »

Does Raw - only version work if I just copy / replace it in Windows? I don't want another DF application file, it's too big.
And it seems awesome!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 07:44:17 pm »

@morticeq: that is an init option if I am not wrong.

If you'd like your engravings to start off looking the same (you can toggle them on individual later), set this to YES.
[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES]
Find that line in data/init/d_init.txt and change it to your liking.

@RoaryStar: Yes. It will work, just copy, replace all, thats it.

Here the modest mod merge: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7092 It is the newest modest mod, combined with the FPS improvement of this mod. The modules in the extra folders I did not touch, so they might mess it up a little bit. I am just waiting on a bit of feedback from Igfig, before I do more. The original Modest Mod can be found here and is handled by igfig.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:48:03 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 06:53:58 am »

- All vanilla features still work. No worries, it is still the good old Dwarf Fortress

- No changes in gameplay, tactics or balancing have been done

- Aquifers removed

Aren't these statements contradictory?

Otherwise, fantastic mod, along with modest mod this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 09:37:22 am »

@daveralph1234: No and Yes. The problem with leaving aquifers in is that you only have one type of clay/sand. And that means that you have one complete layer of aquifers that covers the entire map, every map, on every embark. I figured that people rather have no aquifers then.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 10:11:48 am »

@daveralph1234: No and Yes. The problem with leaving aquifers in is that you only have one type of clay/sand. And that means that you have one complete layer of aquifers that covers the entire map, every map, on every embark. I figured that people rather have no aquifers then.
Is there anyway to work around this?
How dose DF decide what type of soil to put down? If there are 2 possible soil types, is it a 50/50 chance of it being either? If so, wouldn't it be possible to just have the same entry for soil 4 times, and give one of them the [AQUIFER] tag, so any given biome has a 1/4 chance of bearing an aquifer.

Also, I've been playing about an hour, fortress and adventure mode using the Accelerated - Modest mod and no bugs to report so far.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 10:38:22 am »

Possibly. Havent tested it, but that might work. :)

And thanks for the report, no errorlogs or strange entries at the embark/trade selection either ? I will still wait fpr feedback from igfig, but sounds good so far :)

Oh, and Accelerated Modest Mod sounds a bit clunky... any good ideas for names ?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:03:19 pm by Meph »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 12:21:06 pm »

Oh, and Accelerated Modest Mod sounds a bit clunky... any good ideas for names ?

Something along the lines of "unofficial community patch"? Because it seems to overlap with other games' community patches in function and intent. It would make clear what the mod aims to provide, I think.

EDIT: I forgot, I have a question, Does Modest Mod/Accelerated DF include these binary patches?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:25:02 pm by CLA »
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 01:17:25 pm »

Something along the lines of "unofficial community patch"?
Seconded.
EDIT: I forgot, I have a question, Does Modest Mod/Accelerated DF include these binary patches?
Modest mod dose and seeing as Modest/Accelerated includes a DF executable, I presume it dose to.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerated DF merged with Modest Mod - Bugfixes, Balancing and FPS
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2012, 02:49:59 pm »

Error with the accelerated - modest mod.

Crash during world-gen. Dosen't happen every time.

Errorlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2012, 02:59:03 pm »

It does include the binary patches.

It also includes pandas that need bamboo, but no bamboo... ^^ this is an easy fix, and has nothing to do with the worldgen crash you reported.

EDIT: Fixed it, but I wont upload anything else yet, since it is a very minor bug.

Oh, and thanks for the nice report daveralph. Really, you said which version it is, what happened and posted the errorlog. Thats how it should be :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:01:22 pm by Meph »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:50 pm »

@RoaryStar: Yes. It will work, just copy, replace all, thats it.

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I'm good at Basic, Java, C#, and C++, but I'm no good in the DF Raws. lol

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »

Hoorays! I'm super looking forward to the Phoebus version of the ModestMod+Accelerated merge. :D

--nomad_delta

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 08:31:02 pm »

Giving it a play right now, using the one with Modest Mod combined. I experienced a crash on my first fort when trying to set up custom stockpile settings for the first time, but it doesn't seem to be reproducible. Don't really know what happened.

How much of a difference would taking out the colored stones really make for FPS? Seems like a monocolor fortress would be a bad thing, not a good one, although I don't know how many FPS I'd be willing to trade for it.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24