Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Futur developement

More tilesets. (Cla, JollyBastion, Vherid)
More optional modifications. (a slippery slope)
More utilities. (I wouldnt even know which ones)
More standardization (even less rocks/gems/stuff)
More bugfixes (whatever is left)
More balancing (for example include Modest Bodies with better joints)
Something else, I let you know in the comments.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: <<<Accelerated DF and Modest Mod>>> - V1.1 now with GUI, 2 versions, 3 tilesets.  (Read 109482 times)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile

Did I understand correctly that Accelerated has from no to little flavour and is more stripped up than Deon's Essential DF?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes. It has no flavor of its own (wow, that reads like a big negative), it only slims down the existing content. The modest mod version includes all bugfixes.

Essential DF is a great basis for your own mod, it has very clean raws, but as a player this is not so important.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soooo...what's going on with this one?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless Meph said otherwise, I doubt you'll see a major release for this mod until the 2014 version is far more stable.

One thing I've been tempted to do is use this type of mod but with far fewer creature types as well. For example, cutting all the animal types back to the 2D version list of animals. Of course that would completely cut the subterranean beasties too. Maybe still leave them in the game. Anyway, probably won't do that until the current version is stable.

irenicus19

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've got a little question, i try to activate the falcon utilitys but it doesnt work because of df hack r3. so i installed r5 but i get some bugs (especially with the gracers).

Now my question: How can i use the Falcon utilitys (i only found them for dfhack r5 and 4)? (i need the Mouse Query Tool)

ps: sorry for my english ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Doren made a DF2014 version of this, including new bugfixes and balancing for the added content: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141715.0
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

I know there's a [few] new build(s) of this project out there.

I'm wondering if the reduced types of soil layers is causing my grazing animals to eat grass faster than they normally would?  Does clay or sand have an affect on the grass above it?  I always seem to see my grazing animals eat up the grass way faster than they should be (at least compared to vanilla or mw).  The mod I'm currently working with (that includes these changes) is using igfig's grazing changes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No effects. Its the GRAZER value that makes them eat grass at a certain rate.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps your FPS is just better?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the issue I'm seeing is I see a bunch of clay or [yellow] sand tiles appear on my embark tiles where I place animals to graze [when playing this mod].

Doesn't happen with other mods.

That's why I have brought this up in the past, not sure what it is.  Maybe it's me, but I have a feeling this mod is doing something with animals and eating grass.  The only changes that is made [that affects grazing] is from igfig, and I can confirm that all the [grazing] #'s I modded in are lower #'s than vanilla, but... I just don't get it.

what happens is my top soil layer is exposed to clay, loam, or sand.

Maybe the issue is with inorganic_stone_layer and what stone layers are available for what's underneath the grass?

picture of issue:

http://i.imgur.com/5k9iV6O.png
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:24:53 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

all the [grazing] #'s I modded in are lower #'s than vanilla
Did you read what the grazer value does? And that a lower number means they eat more?

Seeing the inorganic under the grass if perfectly normal vanilla DF behaviour.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check this mod's plant_grasses file against the one's you're used to. Otherwise check if your creature GRASSTRAMPLE values are different.

Also, if you've modded GRAZER values, note the wiki's comments on values:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Creature_token#GRAZER

The creature is a grazer. If tamed in Fortress mode, it needs a pasture to survive. The higher the number, the less frequently it needs to eat in order to live. See Pasture for details on its issues.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

grass files and inorganic files have nothing to do with this. only things affecting it is grasstrample and grazer, in this case its almost exclusively grazer.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're right. Looking at plant_grasses it's got no values that affect growth rate. Only creature tokens should affect this behaviour.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know. I mispoke when I said the numbers were lower. They are modded higher

So... Second question.

Is having a lot of rock salt as a base stone type intended?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:11:05 am by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24