Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Futur developement

More tilesets. (Cla, JollyBastion, Vherid)
More optional modifications. (a slippery slope)
More utilities. (I wouldnt even know which ones)
More standardization (even less rocks/gems/stuff)
More bugfixes (whatever is left)
More balancing (for example include Modest Bodies with better joints)
Something else, I let you know in the comments.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: <<<Accelerated DF and Modest Mod>>> - V1.1 now with GUI, 2 versions, 3 tilesets.  (Read 109464 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Seeing how several clones of this mod have been released since 40.x, I will update it properly and add some more utilities and tilesets to the bundle if I find the time. While flattering that many people use it as base, I am not sure how many accelerated dfs we need. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

I was careful to release my spin as not just a remake but w whistles and bells too!

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be glad to see an update to this once DF has stabilized a bit (0.40.10-12?)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

Is it just me or as gauntlets not used by militia as Mich? J have no gloves and only 6 pairs of gauntlets and for some reason no one is equipping them.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing how several clones of this mod have been released since 40.x, I will update it properly and add some more utilities and tilesets to the bundle if I find the time. While flattering that many people use it as base, I am not sure how many accelerated dfs we need. ;)

The 40.x versions I've tried so far still kill my FPS considerably more than this one based on 34.11. TBH, I would like to see even more reduction in unneeded detail... either way, the 34.11 is still appreciated!
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the file entity_default.txt I noticed that the entry "SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_LOW:COMMON" is missing the brackets. Just sayin'.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

In the file entity_default.txt I noticed that the entry "SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_LOW:COMMON" is missing the brackets. Just sayin'.
Intended, only high boots exist.

From the first post: " - Less clothing types"
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

grody311

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking forward to seeing a version of this for 40.xx.  Is something in the pipeline?  And if not, does anyone know of a similar mod that might be available?

No rush though.  Still enjoying good old stable 34.11 Linux.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

grody311

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, how did you solve the "immolating caravan issue"?  I saw that you addressed it in Masterwork, but I'm running into it with this mod as well.  I'm using the RAW only version for 34.11: (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7070).  I assume it has something to do with the boiling surface layer stones, but I would hate to remove that feature of the mod if there was perhaps a better way to fix it.

kaiserf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I know you have a lot on your plate, but I would love to see your take on it. This is still the only way I'll play DF - your version has kinda become the definitive one for me.

Also, it looks like Doren has disappeared for a while?

JDRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got no clue why this happens but maybe you do when I try to run dwarf therapist and quickfort I get the following message:
How am I suppose  to get the program to work if this is all that happens?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ctor(Object Instance)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames)
   at LazyNewbPack.MainForm.RunSelectedUtility()
   at LazyNewbPack.MainForm.RunProgramButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Lazy Newb Pack
    Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jove/Desktop/games/masterwork/Accelerated%20Modest%20DF%20V1.1/Accelerated%20Modest%20DF%20V1.1/Settings.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I know you have a lot on your plate, but I would love to see your take on it. This is still the only way I'll play DF - your version has kinda become the definitive one for me.

Also, it looks like Doren has disappeared for a while?
This.
(Several clones? I've only seen Doren's, and that stopped updating with 40.08.)
Personally, I just replace the raws into LNP, so additional utilities aren't needed - if you finish updating the raws I'll be happy. :D
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My apologies for the necro (I don't come to the forums that often), but I just wanted to say that Authority and kaiserf are not the only ones that would like to see Meph's Accelerated mod kept updated for the latest version. Right now, I see.... one Accelerated clone based on 40.x? And it was updated 7 months ago, and includes mods with "More" X in the title? Really? Am I overlooking any?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:41:23 am by Dwarf_Fever »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I think there were three clones (as you say) based on this. Thistleknots, a Modest Accelerated Mash by Doren and buttons mod (?), who took over the modest mod from Igfig.

But I dont know how updated they are...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24