Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Futur developement

More tilesets. (Cla, JollyBastion, Vherid)
More optional modifications. (a slippery slope)
More utilities. (I wouldnt even know which ones)
More standardization (even less rocks/gems/stuff)
More bugfixes (whatever is left)
More balancing (for example include Modest Bodies with better joints)
Something else, I let you know in the comments.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: <<<Accelerated DF and Modest Mod>>> - V1.1 now with GUI, 2 versions, 3 tilesets.  (Read 109498 times)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I've enjoyed playing the MW Reborn mod here and there, but FPS death always gets me. If you ever saw fit to do an updated Accelerated mod again, I for one think that would be lovely.

All I can find for Thistleknot is a Github repository 8 months old. Doren's is about as old and includes items outside of the philosophy of a streamline mod. Button's Modest mod seems to just be tweaks and fixes, although in the poll on which module to build next, "Accelerated Modest" won handily, so we'll see, I guess I will keep an eye on that one - thanks for the tip, and for all the work building up Accelerated in the past. :)
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I feel a bit guilty for abandoning it, but I'm spending all the DF time I have on Masterwork, which gets a lot more attention than Accelerated DF. Especially now that I'm travelling, it's hard to write things.

But I might get a strange mood, who knows. ^^

Edit: Mh... ok, it has about 5000 downloads of the latest release, so maybe I underestimated the amount of people actually using this. :/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:49:42 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like Masterwork too! It's a shame time is limited. :)

Although to be honest, the point of Accelerated is streamlining and less features anyway, so I went back to 34.11 for that, and I'll come back to MW when that I get the itch for 40.x stuff again. :)

It looks like eventually there will be an accelerated modest mod, so it's all good.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]