Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Futur developement

More tilesets. (Cla, JollyBastion, Vherid)
More optional modifications. (a slippery slope)
More utilities. (I wouldnt even know which ones)
More standardization (even less rocks/gems/stuff)
More bugfixes (whatever is left)
More balancing (for example include Modest Bodies with better joints)
Something else, I let you know in the comments.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: <<<Accelerated DF and Modest Mod>>> - V1.1 now with GUI, 2 versions, 3 tilesets.  (Read 109483 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

meph:
why stone evaporation only when temp is on vs off? is that how the game normally works?

Yes. Stone boiling relies on temperature.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

I've noticed that elves and humans still have low boots, is this intended?

Wouldn't it have been enough to have just deleted the entry in item_shoes vs removing the [ ] brackets around the item in the entity file (example 1 source location in item_shoes vs 3 in the entity file)

Update:
Spoke with AG, removing it from the item_shoes file would have prevented the need to remove the brackets around the entity token (of course I'm sure Meph knew this), but what it also means is Elves and Humans in this mod still have low boots.

I'm working on a new accelerated easier mod (gonna call it accelerated modest civforge) and I changed the reference from low boot to high boots since "we're" assuming no one makes low boots and there was no matching    [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_HIGH:COMMON] to replace the    [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_LOW:COMMON] (unless Meph was assuming the common boot was going to be used in it's place).

nm on that struck out part, just realized boot is high boot, however the low boot reference still exists for elves & humans

BTW
I recommend adding back in cloaks. They help w arrows.

In a mod i did thats based on this (accelerated modest civforge) i ended up removing leather gauntlets and putting back in leather gloves mainly because there never was leather gauntlets in vanilla and they habe slightly different specs than gloves.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:39:05 pm by thistleknot »

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod is something I've always wanted to do and been contemplating on doing for a long time now, I looked over the raws briefly but I want to put it together something similar for my own personal preferences. I have a few questions though.

How exactly can you get the game to produce generic wood, leather, meat, ect without the source name attached to it? Same with blood and whatever else? This is amazing and I'd love to replicate it.

I'm not sure I understand tilesets very well, but can I use Mayday's graphics with this mod without any issues, or if I delete all the silly redundant sponsorship animals and most kinds of gems, ect? I'm planning on reducing/ abstracting all the naturally occuring gems to 1 type for each value level 'ornamental' and 'semiprecious', ect. Will that effect the amounts available?

Also how can you change what demands nobles make?

Also a couple of thoughts, dorfs really need regular civilian clothing gloves. They are a barrier against symptom-causing extracts and the like and a layer of clothing can make a big difference with low-end attacks like elf wooden weapons, from bruising and tearing of fat to complete deflection. It's easy enough to copy+paste the item back in, but still.

Soil types should not bother anybody, they don't generate items and you only get maybe two or three types at the most in any kind of embark anyways. Aquifers are sort of an important aspect of vanilla DF as well.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

1. [PREFIX:NONE]
2. Yeah. Just remove the graphics for those particular creatures in the raw/graphics folder.
3. You can't.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile

I'm planning on reducing/ abstracting all the naturally occuring gems to 1 type for each value level 'ornamental' and 'semiprecious', ect. Will that effect the amounts available?
You may be interested in this.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7581

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lignite problem? unsure if dfhack related though or maybe the raws are a bit different to vanilla DF?

It has todo with the new workflow UI in dfhack r3, if i select "coal" as the output nothing happens, ie the list isn't populated, but if i select "any material" it is.

If nothing is different i'll report it in the dfhack thread as there is no mention of problems with lignite atm.

Edit: If i got into Advanced and reselect the Material it then works, but i can't just go into Advanced and just press Y, it needs to be reselected hmm, so maybe it is a dfhack issue?

Edit 2: welp seems i should of checked the dfhack console earlier ;p

Cannot find material: COAL:COKE
...est DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: invalid constraint: BAR//COAL:COKE
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'setConstraint'
        ...est DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: in function 'saveConstraint'
        ...est DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:980: in function 'on_select'
        ...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:193: in function 'on_submit'
        ...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:576: in function 'submit'
        ...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:588: in function 'onInput'
        ...celerated Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui.lua:472: in function 'inputToSubviews'
        ...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:224: in function <...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:217>
        [C]: in ?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:58:40 am by Intrinsic »
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, great work.
It's 3\4 of a year I don't follow DF but when I discovered your awesome MW DF this is one of the fist things (an "optimized" DF) that came into mind :)

I have some random questions:

1) Did you also "import" welcome changes like a better combat log, the MW font, sprites, etc..?
2) "- Wide open caverns"...actually this is what I did myself with (if I remember correctly) "perfectworld" :), so I'm curious: how exactly did you implement them (I mean how the void\maze is balanced)? Does It apply to all the world generated content? And finally, does It enter in conflict with programs like perfectworld?
3) Why Weather and Temperature OFF by default?  ??? (It's pretty important gameplay-wise)
4) How are aquifiers removed? (eliminating water or replacing It?)
5) "- Several stone types leave only dust, no solid stone"..I hope there will still be enough for mega projects :)
6) What does "varied ground" mean? I read the tooltip but Idk what would change in a tileset like phoebus  ???

Thanks, I'll download and explore It a bit now :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:33:31 am by Gatallorsith »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@Gatallorsith:
1. no
2. can be done with adv. worldgen. Normal worldgen cant do it. But I added it to all the included adv worldgen settings
3. for FPS. They can be toggled in a genned world, so people that want to have it can turn it back on whenever they want
4. neither, by removing the aquifer tag from the raws
5. Maybe? With temp off it makes no difference anyway
6. Its an init setting. A vanilla features, read up on it in the wiki. It makes ground look differently

@Intrinsic: I actually dont know what you are saying. I assume it was a user error about the usage of a dfhack plugin?

@daveralph1234: This is very interesting and has been suggested to me before, but most people think it is a bit extreme. If you are ok with it I could link to it from the frontpage, for people that like even more simplicity in their game. It changes balancing quite a bit with unlimited flux, but thats up to you.

@DWC: Putnams answers were not quite right. But answering all your questions would take a lot of text. What exactly are you trying to do?  Using Mayday will break many tiles. You have to rewrite the raws for that. Thats why I havent included it in my mods so far, because 3 versions of raws (ascii, ironhand and phoebus) are already a lot.

@thistleknot: If you enable leather gloves your migrants/traders/sieges might arrive with them as clothing, that adds more clutter. You probably havent noticed, but I also removed shoes and made socks the new shoes ;) Same reason, 2 items less per creature. Makes 2x shoes and 2x gloves less, lets say 40 invaders, makes 160 items. And thats just one minor siege.

I might remove low/highboots for other races as well, and make only "boots". I did this in Masterwork as well, after a poll showed that NO ONE makes low boots ^^

@Nalbir: Ignored. But, did I really ignore your "ignore", if I make a post about ignoring it?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile

If you are ok with it I could link to it from the frontpage, for people that like even more simplicity in their game.
This is fine.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Intrinsic: I actually dont know what you are saying. I assume it was a user error about the usage of a dfhack plugin?

I was wondering if you changed Coal etc in anyway. As with your mod if i want to set my smelter to process lignite into coal it doesn't like it and gives the error listed in the post in the dfhack console.
If you haven't changed coal/lignite(only source of coal i have in my fort atm) then i guess it's a dfhack issue and i'll post it there.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

I remember having a similar issue when I tried to do a workflow plugin for lignite to coal... it didn't recognize the output material, it actually wanted to create bars...  but the smelter command was there for my to do a regular job from

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the answers :)
@Gatallorsith:
1. no
5. Maybe? With temp off it makes no difference anyway
1) Can you add them in future releases? I mean all the things that make the game better but don't alter the original gameplay. Idk what else there is.
2) Can you add an option to toggle "stone into dust" on or off?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I did not change lignite in any way.

Gatallorsith: No, I wont add them. If I start like this I would end up with MasterworkDF #2 after a while. ;) This is only FPS or only FPS/bugfixes. The stone dust thing will be removed in the next update.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But the strong part of MW is the tons of additional content It has, I don't see how adding adding a better combat log or fonts to this version can be a problem :(
You only need to limit yourself to the functional\cosmetic changes really needed (think of them like a patch :))
Hope you'll change your mind,
bye

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Define "better combat log".
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24