Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Futur developement

More tilesets. (Cla, JollyBastion, Vherid)
More optional modifications. (a slippery slope)
More utilities. (I wouldnt even know which ones)
More standardization (even less rocks/gems/stuff)
More bugfixes (whatever is left)
More balancing (for example include Modest Bodies with better joints)
Something else, I let you know in the comments.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: <<<Accelerated DF and Modest Mod>>> - V1.1 now with GUI, 2 versions, 3 tilesets.  (Read 109368 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, some bedrock evaporates... but your iron bars? They should still exist. Its in the first post btw, the "- Several stone types leave only dust, no solid stone"... they do leave stone if you play with temp:off though, so players can toggle that if they want to have more.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of iron bars its just me panicking, they've just ported to desintegrated workshops point it seems.
No sign of temperature-destruction of stuff in initial post :(
Can I somehow get BOILING_POINT up to something without regenning? Editing save/regionn/raw files didn't help.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:50:54 am by nekoexmachina »
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

That should be working.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, provided you're editing the raws in your correct save folder instead of the main DF raws, altering the boiling point will prevent stone from evaporating. The same method can be used to cause dwarves to spontaneously combust by altering their skin boiling point, for instance.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor geological nitpicking here.

I noted that due to the removal of Kimberlite from the inorganic minerals, diamonds and all diamond-related gems were moved to occur in Bauxite instead.  While I understand the need to move the gems, this is probably not the most (scientifically) accurate surrogate.

Bauxite deposits are typically formed due to weathering of silicate / aluminosilicate rocks.  These types of stone will not support diamond formation.  Diamonds occur naturally due to deeper-mantle volcanic eruptions, and as such will not be located in the lighter differentiated sedimentary and felsic silicate minerals that Bauxite is derived from.

The next closest appropriate mineral (to replace kimberlite) to place diamonds in would be olivine or possibly gabbro.  Unfortunately there isn't truely any appropriate ultramafic mineral left in Accelerated DF.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this still still being worked on?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is this still still being worked on?
Its not outdated, if you mean that. I am the author, I am still active, but there is not much to do on this. I will update it to the next DF version, once its out.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Discord

• Bay Watcher
  • moved by work of art and natural beauty.
    • View Profile

Great work Meph, this is now my default  DF.
I have had problems with the embark options being cranky due to the material changes.
Can that be addressed or is it hard coded?

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figured out a solution for the cattle-can't-live problem, over here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124960

Frostea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been using these raws along with PE's starter pack, and I must say that the speed increase is very significant. I now can play into 10 years+ without getting eaten by the FPS monster. On a side note, is there any way to replace stone that evaporate to the usual stones that don't? I sometimes run into a lot of rubble, to the point that I am digging deeper and wider for construction materials, since I like to build a medium sized surface fort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

If you just remove rubble and gen a new world, you should be fine. Or disable temperature, which of course has other sideeffects.

xeranes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello Meph!

First, I would like to say how amazing these mods are! They are a life-saver when I am playing on my laptop, and just make the game smoother and easier to play!

However, I have come across an unfortunate bug. While using the Accelerated DF mod, it is impossible to become a vampire as an adventurer. Since all the blood becomes a generic "blood" instead of "UristMcSeverdLimb's blood" it is impossible to properly drink a vampire's blood.

For more info, see the post I made on r/dwarffortress: http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/250h56/vampirism_failure_to_contract/

kaiserf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've been trying to figure out some issues I've been having with moods and one exchange that occurred on page 8 that has left me confused.

Jimmy made a few posts of modified raws: creature_accelerated, material_template_accelerated, and material_template_default. These changes prevent creature preference in moods (at least thats what I understand.)

Are those changes incorporated into the latest version of Accelerated DF and Modest Mod or do I need to make them manually? Or are those raws outdated now?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The changes have not been added yet. I havent made an update for this in ages. But nice to see that people do use it. :)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was excited by the mod and added a little of my own flavor in my raw files. Then I started fixing more stuff, then more, and eventually my own raw files became something completely different to Meph's version. I should also admit that I haven't kept a changelog of my work and it's been months since I did them, so god only knows what my version ended up becoming. I'd suggest you consider it a wonderful opportunity to dabble in the art of modding.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24