Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play Tropico 3! Update 4 - 1963.

<< < (5/5)

EuchreJack:

--- Quote from: FritzPL on October 25, 2012, 04:44:43 am ---Nice. Take your time.

Also, don't forget about Liberty, if that's a problem, because it was one in my scenarios.

--- End quote ---

As an intellectual that regularily has elections, I doubt Vrky has liberty problems, at least at this time.

Vrky:

--- Quote from: EuchreJack on October 25, 2012, 12:52:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: FritzPL on October 25, 2012, 04:44:43 am ---Nice. Take your time.

Also, don't forget about Liberty, if that's a problem, because it was one in my scenarios.

--- End quote ---

As an intellectual that regularily has elections, I doubt Vrky has liberty problems, at least at this time.

--- End quote ---

Yea, my liberty is quite alright, and that is a double-edged sword, because high liberty makes protests more likely. When liberty is low, citizens can be "too scared to protest", and less protests mean a bit less rebels.

I played until 1963., but I doubt I'll finish writing update tonight, so update probably tomorrow.

Vrky:
UPDATE 4 - 1960. - 1963.

In 1960., Tropico was celebrating ten year anniversary of Busquets' rule. Tropico indeed had reasons to celebrate. While most people still lived in proverty, situation was much better than before. There was no war, no violence, no famine, there was no unemployment, and above all, economy was growing rapidly. There were still many shacks and shanity towns around, but nice apartments were also springing up in urban areas.
In that name, Busquets personally opened new city square built in his honor. Square was decorated with large marble statue of Busquets himself.

There were still many problems, of course. Busquets first tackled problem of Tropican healthcare. Additional clinic was built, and additional doctors were hired from abroad. It was a quite large investment, and especially costly part was hiring doctors from abroad, but this investment soon proved it's benefits - Tropican health was improved, there were less deaths, and general Tropican mood was improved as well. College may be needed in the future, to educate new doctors and even engineers.

While first part of the reforms strengthened support of the lef-wing, next part sought to increase support of the right wing, and it addressed lack of church support. A new church was built near palace, and that soon increased support of the clergy.

Exports grew even more through 1961. and 1962., with beef, tobacco and lumber dominating exports, and iron also making it's first profits quickly and paying off it's initial investments. Fruit exports, such as banana and papaya, were also making a nice ammount of money.
Finally, relations with environmentalists were improved when new law forbade Tropicans to drop litter around, and funded cleaning actions. While further actions may be needed in future, this opened opportunity for investments in tourism.

This growing economy attracted many immigrants, and Tropican population increased by almost 30% through this short three years. To handle additional workforce, new cattle ranch and banana plantation were constructed. Funding additional administration to handle immigration rates may be needed in the future.

Busquets attempted negotiating with rebel groups that still stalked forests of Tropico. Rebel groups were relatively small and were losing support as Tropico recovered under Busquets rule. Busquets was ready to offer rebels an amnesty, but this deal ultimately fell through because Tropican army and generals fervently opposed this, and effectively blocked this law. Not willing and able to risk a coup, Busquets backed down. Indeed, military was quite dissatisfied lately, complaining about size of Tropican army and lack of generals. Only after appeasing them will amnesty of rebels be possible.

Through 1963. Busquets continued funding construction of homes for citizens of San Augusto. This improved housing situation considerably, but due to growing population, further investments were still needed gravely, as lack of housing may anger communists.

NRDL:
Military, then housing.

Ancre:
Posting to watch !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version