Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play Tropico 3! Update 4 - 1963.

<< < (2/5) > >>

EuchreJack:
Because you get relation bonuses with both the communist and intellectual factions, I wouldn't rate their demands as pressing as the religious faction, so first build a church.

Then, move on to housing, just because housing is always a pain, and the longer you put it off, the worse it gets.

Not sure about the income problem.  More farms maybe?

NRDL:

--- Quote from: EuchreJack on October 20, 2012, 06:28:33 pm ---Because you get relation bonuses with both the communist and intellectual factions, I wouldn't rate their demands as pressing as the religious faction, so first build a church.

Then, move on to housing, just because housing is always a pain, and the longer you put it off, the worse it gets.

Not sure about the income problem.  More farms maybe?

--- End quote ---

+1.  And yes, more farms.

Vrky:
UPDATE 2 - 1953-1956

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmtQgW1H7-s

As the time passed, conditions on the island grew harsher. Still, in January 1953. Tropico experienced it's first immigration wave. Apparently there are places in Caribbean where people live even worse. Immigrants said that they were lured by democracy and stability in Tropico, and by free job positions in logging camps and farms.
In summer 1953., exports grew, and debt was reduced enough that IMF approved new loan to fund building of a church. Also, a pub was built, so that Tropicans could get themselves some lindas chicas.

In January 1954. Tropico was granted foreign aid, ammounting 600$ from US and 2100$ from USSR. USA is slowly losing faith in our government, because of our mounting foreign debt.
Still, in summer 1954. exports kept growing, especially beef and papaya exports. Debt was reduced, but still wasn't payed off.
That money was invested in hiring two foreign priests, so that church could actually work, and invested in expanding cattle ranches. Two tobacco plantations were also constructed, though it will be a few years before they can actually harvest any tobacco.

One of the two doctors on insland, Baltazar Rodriguez, retired, leaving Tropico with a single doctor. And of course, soon...

Hard situation soon soon started a full-blown wave of protests. First there were only small-scale peasant protests in the countryside...

But in 1955. those protest spread and reached the capitol. There were massive demonstrations of workers on the streets of San Augusto.

Even worse news soon followed - a man called Jesus Chavez re-started a rebel movement, continuing where Hernando Samarez left off. Busquets proclaimed that rebel movements won't be tolerated and that Tropican army will respond with force, if need be.

Worth mentioning that in 1955., United States officialy removed Tropico from list of nations that are qualified for foreign aid. They cited that the main reason is that Tropico is heavily indebted and that they aren't keeping up with their loan payments. Busquets complained that this made no sense because huge debt is the only reason why one should recieve foreign aid in the first place. Still, Nationalists quoted this as another failure of Busquets policies.

Through 1955. exports kept growing quite rapidly, which were finally some good news. Logging industry finaly made some profits, at last.

This meant that by the end of 1955. Tropico was no longer in debt. Relations with USA skyrocketed from "cold" to "warm". Soviet Union was also pleased with improved economic responsibility. In January 1956. Tropico recieved 2700$ US foreign aid, and additional 2400$ Soviet foreign aid.

Which direction should Tropico take now? Keeping up with election promises and building high school? Building housing? If we are to build housing, should it be cheaper tenetments or expensive apartments? Should wee build housing on our own, or should we ask for Soviet developement aid, which would cost a bit more initialy, but would halve cost of tenetments and apartments, and that would pay off after third or so apartment?

EuchreJack:
I like the idea of Soviet development aid, you'll be building residences for the rest of the game, so it's a good idea.  Then start on housing.

You selected "Populist", so why worry about fulfilling election promises?  Besides, you're so intellectual that the only people that really care about the high school will "luv you long time".

So don't worry about that high school until you actually need high school graduates in decent amounts.

Here is my proposed building priority list:
1) Housing (or embassy if it is required for Soviet Development Aid, then housing)
2) Mining
3) Pretty things that make the ecologists not hate you for mining

Further ideas require me to research electricity requirements in Tropico.  Basically, until you either form a military or industry, you don't need a High School.  Although I'd suggest building the High School prior to either of those, as you want Tropico-raised High School students as soon as you have military or factory buildings up.

NRDL:

--- Quote from: EuchreJack on October 21, 2012, 03:59:22 pm ---I like the idea of Soviet development aid, you'll be building residences for the rest of the game, so it's a good idea.  Then start on housing.

You selected "Populist", so why worry about fulfilling election promises?  Besides, you're so intellectual that the only people that really care about the high school will "luv you long time".

So don't worry about that high school until you actually need high school graduates in decent amounts.

Here is my proposed building priority list:
1) Housing (or embassy if it is required for Soviet Development Aid, then housing)
2) Mining
3) Pretty things that make the ecologists not hate you for mining

Further ideas require me to research electricity requirements in Tropico.  Basically, until you either form a military or industry, you don't need a High School.  Although I'd suggest building the High School prior to either of those, as you want Tropico-raised High School students as soon as you have military or factory buildings up.

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version